• 91(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Notice:

With the official release of v19 on the horizon now might be a good time to look at your workflow when adding movies to your library.

Artwork Beef will not be available for v19.

Artwork Dump will be the replacement. This is a basic and cut back version of Artwork Beef and @rmrector has already released a beta version here. The main function of this new add-on is to download to local folders the artwork that has been scraped by the scrapers.

Movie Set artwork will be affected.

The only supported method of adding LOCAL artwork to Movie Collections/Sets is explained here... Movie_set_information_folder (wiki)
This is achieved by Kodi core, and not any add-ons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm sorry ....I can't find a link to rmrector's repo for Matrix.
Could anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thank you
(2020-12-14, 21:16)melons2 Wrote: Could anyone point me in the correct direction?
Here... https://github.com/rmrector/script.artwork.dump
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@rmrector Thanks for Artwork Dump, however I have a couple of problems.

1. It fails to dump any TV artwork.   After a reinstall TV art now dumps correctly, however now I have the same problem with TV art as point 2, if you delete the art from the drive you can no longer dump it again without first either changing the art or refreshing the entire tv show.

2. If I dump my movie artwork then delete it from the drive it will never dump it again unless I change all the artwork to different images.
@Karellen @rmrector Ok, so, I'm a little confused though.  The main point of artwork beef was, surely, to get artwork beyond what Kodi scrapers would normally retrieve?  And to update that artwork periodically with the new/improved stuff that tends to appear, right?  Are the new Kodi scrapers (they're python now right?) - doing this sort of more extensive collecting now? 

Obviously it's fair enough if you don't want to maintain/port AB to Python 3, but when you say look at workflow, I'm not sure there is anything quite the same is there?  Most other tools (like e.g. tinymediamanager) will just download artwork - that ability to refresh was pretty unique I think? 

In any case, I've certainly greatly enjoyed the results of AB over recent years, so thanks rmrector for your work, whatever the future holds.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
With Artwork Beef being unsupported as of Kodi 19 is there a native way to select and set season fanart?

Going to the Context menu of the season and selecting Manage->Choose art lists remote art for the poster but not for fanart.

Artwork Beef allowed you to choose from one of the main shows fanart images.
No, the main point was "It is generally intended to handle extended artwork just as Kodi and scrapers already do for basic artwork" - to work around technical limitations of Kodi core, limitations that no longer exist in Kodi 19. Scrapers can and do provide all types of artwork now.

Things won't be exactly the same as they have been. This is a human product and like all things human it moves forward, grows and changes. We are in better shape now that information providers (scrapers) can provide all information rather than relying on an idiotic second scraper service. I am interested in making the best tools that I can, which does not include keeping all janky previous behavior. And yes, I am sick of supporting this janky, dumbass hack.

Now you can refresh an item in the library to get the newest artwork, just like refreshing an item will get the latest cast listing and plots and all of that other goodness. Artwork is no different than any other information.
(2020-12-20, 21:07)rmrector Wrote:  Scrapers can and do provide all types of artwork now.

Ok, cool.  That was the question, really!  Completely agree about moving forward...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2020-12-20, 21:07)rmrector Wrote: I am interested in making the best tools that I can, which does not include keeping all janky previous behavior. And yes, I am sick of supporting this janky, dumbass hack.
@rmrector while that is how you view it now, from a user perspective Artwork Beef has been a much used and much appreciated addon that filled the gap in Kodi functionality well. Thank you for creating and supporting it all this time. Smile

Onwards for better things in v20!
@rmrector anyway to get it to work with rar'ed releases? Artwork Beef was able to in the past.

Code:
2020-12-25 13:32:20.988 T:33680   ERROR <general>: [script.artwork.dump] Could not save image to file: rar://D%3A%2F%7Eincoming%2Ftemp%2Fmovies%2FMulan.2020.2160p%2Fmulan.2020.2160p.rar/mulan.2020.2160p-fanart.jpg

Do I need to drop TVDB scrapper and move onto another one to be able to scrape clearart and clearlogo? Those didn't get dumped for me when I just tested it.
Hello,

First sorry for my english.... ans second, I wish you a happy new year !!!

So, I'm on Kodi with Leia and before certainly upgrade but I don't know wish... I have a problem with Artwork beef.

I use Artwork beef because , I do my fanart and when I do not, It's the Tmdb who gives me the artwork... But here it doesn't work anyway...

So, I can give you the settings.xml and artwork-report.txt

The last 7 or more movie that I scrapped , He choose the fanart of tvdb and not mine, and no poster but an image on the film....

Please help, thanks, because I'm afraid to do an upgrade of the mediatheque with a lot of movies... I try one by one but don't find the solution...

https://paste.kodi.tv/rovokunuki
https://paste.kodi.tv/oqepuzozoj

Thankssss
@jason777_1

Can you provide a screenshot of one of your movie folders that does not load artwork? So we can clearly see the files and how they are named.
My Signature
(2020-12-31, 20:59)Karellen Wrote: @jason777_1

Can you provide a screenshot of one of your movie folders that does not load artwork? So we can clearly see the files and how they are named.

Oh it's for all the movies and before , I never had this problem, I have one movie in one folder with his fanart and his poster like this for example :

The.Thirteenth.Floor.1999.MULTi.1080p.Bluray.x265.mkv
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg

in the folder

The thirteenth floor.

I just want that like before when a do the "update of the media library", artwork do the download for the tv series and for my moviies only thakes my local artworks and give me the other like clearart, banner, etc....

PS: I forgot for my series it's seems that no problem , it continues to work and give me all because I have nothing in local for the series...

Thanks for your help !
Good morning friends

I need help I am a newbie.

I have installed kodi 18 with the modified Aeon Madnox skin.

The problem I have is that when I look for the covers of my Bluray movies they appear perfect without any problem but when I look for my 4k Uhd movie covers they do not appear correctly because the 4k cover does not appear correctly and I do not detect that these films are 4k .

I installed Artwork Beef and I couldn't fix.

Can someone help me please. What am I doing wrong I do not understand.

Try to change the skin for another like Confluence, Aen Tajo ect and the problem still cannot be solved.

a greeting
(2021-01-02, 12:42)manulover Wrote: The problem I have is that when I look for the covers of my Bluray movies they appear perfect without any problem but when I look for my 4k Uhd movie covers they do not appear correctly because the 4k cover does not appear correctly and I do not detect that these films are 4k .
There is no distinction between Bluray, DVD or Bluray UHD posters. You cannot set anything, anywhere to automatically select one type of posters.

Head over to the information provider sites and check the available posters and you will quickly realise posters are not sorted this way.
My Signature
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5