The Unofficial Manual
Here is a topic to collect hints and tips for using Revolve. I call it The Unofficial Manual (so now I can say RTFM Big Grin).

Revolve is a skin that is highly customizable. Unfortunately, not all options are as obvious and clear as they should be. This Unofficial Manual should help you find the hidden an unclear options of this skin. I'll add more to this thread as new options are added to Revolve, or as questions in this forum reveal more unclear options.
If you select the Exit Option, this opens the Exit Menu. This Exit Menu is a little bit slow. There are two other Exit Menus that are both considerably faster.

1. The Shutdown menu: The Exit Menu in Revolve is a custom menu. The default shutdown menu is still available. If you are using a keyboard you can probably press the 's' button to access this shutdown menu. You can map any control to this menu in the keymap.xml-file (this maps the 's' key to the shutdown menu):

Code:
<s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>

Or you can add this command to a custom option to the Home Menu, replacing the custom Exit Menu.

2. The Exit Menu in the circle of the Home Menu: If you move to the Exit option in the Home Menu, you can press left and access the Exit Menu in the circle. Here you can select the option you want by pressing up and down. This exit menu is disabled by default. You can enable it in the skin settings: Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Circle Items > Enable Exit Menu in the Home Menu circle.

It is possible to add a little movement to the Revolve-skin. If you enable the background animation, small circles will continuously rotate around thumbnails on screen. The amount of background animation can be controlled in the Revolve settings menu: Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Background Visuals > Dialog Animation / Background Animation (the name of this option has changed). Here you can select the level of animation:

None: No animation (the default setting)
Quiet: A single circle orbits the icon in dialog windows.
Normal: A single circle orbits the icon in dialog windows, and the media-icon in overlays
Busy: A single circle orbits the icon in dialog windows, the media-icon in overlays and circle in several views.
Wild: Multiple circles orbit the icon in dialog windows, the media-icon in overlays and circle in several views.

Screenshot of the wild background animation (it looks better when it's moving, but several red circles are visible if you look carefully):

I really like this skin.
I am used to Aeon Nox and I have disabled MOVIES and TV and created links on the main page to playlists.
I have "Our Movies", "Animated Movies", "Family Movies", "Classic Disney", "Horror" "Halloween", "Christmas", "Our TV", "Kids TV", and "Video Game Movies."
Each of these list items displays a custom Background. Clicking any item displays the Playlist for that item.

I am trying to figure out how to recreate this in REVOLVE.
The closest I have come is a Custom menu item, and in there I found a "Open Playlist" option... But then it brings up a "Create Folder" dialog....not a list of playlists to choose from.

Any ideas?
My wife loved this skin as well, if I get get my menus working we will be very happy! ")
Today I made a new release for Kodi Krypton. Unfortunately it still contains some bugs (which I found out after I made this release), and you have discovered one of them. I hope to release a new version at the end of this month in which this bug with the playlist is fixed.

If you feel adventurous you can try the custom command to add the playlists to the Home Menu:

1. Find the playlist on your file system and copy the filename with the complete path to the clipboard (on Windows you might get something like "C:\Users\MarvinMar\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\My Playlist.m3u").

2. Start Kodi, go to the Revolve setting and add a new Home Menu item: Revolve Home Menu > Settings > Revolve > Home Menu Items > select a Custom Option.

3. Choose "custom command" as action and create your custom command: "ActivateWindow(videos,<playlist>,return)", without the quotes and where you replace <playlist> with the complete playlist from the clipboard.

4. Enter a name, select a background image and activate the menu item.

5. Test it (and hopefully it works).
Smile 
Malthus,
Thanks you so much for the quick and detailed response.
I am running Kodi on a Minix Neo U1 android box. I will figure out the playlist paths and connect a usb keyboard so I can actually type in the command.
If all goes well, I will post a screenshot or 2.

Thanks again! :Nod
I love the skin but am having trouble figuring out how to assign certain actions. If I create a custom item, say "My TV Shows" on the main menu wheel and want it to open up Exodus addon - how do I simply direct my action to this addon? Or if I create a submenu under "My TV Shows" of Trakt Watchlist, how do I make an action to open this?

Thanks in advance.
(2016-10-05, 05:02)Tropic Wrote: I love the skin but am having trouble figuring out how to assign certain actions. If I create a custom item, say "My TV Shows" on the main menu wheel and want it to open up Exodus addon - how do I simply direct my action to this addon? Or if I create a submenu under "My TV Shows" of Trakt Watchlist, how do I make an action to open this?

Thanks in advance.

Please read the Official:Forum rules (wiki) especially the part about banned addons (wiki).
(2016-10-05, 05:02)Tropic Wrote: I love the skin but am having trouble figuring out how to assign certain actions. If I create a custom item, say "My TV Shows" on the main menu wheel and want it to open up an addon - how do I simply direct my action to this addon? Or if I create a submenu under "My TV Shows" of Trakt Watchlist, how do I make an action to open this?

It really depends on the add-on how you can start it. Some video add-ons provide information for Kodi, and I think you can start it with the ActivateWindow-command:

Code:
ActivateWindow(videos,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.happystuff/&quot;)

Some scripts like Global Search can be started with the RunScript-command:

Code:
RunScript(script.globalsearch)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Unofficial Manual1