• 26(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
(2021-02-12, 00:02)Sylfest Wrote:
(2021-02-11, 09:50)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 19:17)Sylfest Wrote: Hey, thanks for this great app.

Is there a addon available that supports Kodi 19?
Hi
Does it not already? Wasn’t aware of any changes on that front and would except kodi18 to be compatible?

Hi
Yes the addon works like a charm in Kodi 18.
However I tried to install the .zip service addon inside Kodi 19 RC1 on windows 10. But that didn't work for me.

Ok

So just to clarify Frontview works okay - djsplaying now playing info etc. but the service addon (optional) for fan art does not run?

If so - that would be expected as Kodi19 has upgraded to python 3

https://kodi.wiki/view/General_informati...o_Python_3

& the service.addon is written in python2.7 - should be fairly straightforward to update though.
(2021-02-12, 08:49)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2021-02-12, 00:02)Sylfest Wrote:
(2021-02-11, 09:50)GlennNZ Wrote: Hi
Does it not already? Wasn’t aware of any changes on that front and would except kodi18 to be compatible?

Hi
Yes the addon works like a charm in Kodi 18.
However I tried to install the .zip service addon inside Kodi 19 RC1 on windows 10. But that didn't work for me.

Ok

So just to clarify Frontview works okay - djsplaying now playing info etc. but the service addon (optional) for fan art does not run?

If so - that would be expected as Kodi19 has upgraded to python 3

https://kodi.wiki/view/General_informati...o_Python_3

& the service.addon is written in python2.7 - should be fairly straightforward to update though.

Hi.
I thought the addon was a necessary, so I didn't try it with Kodi 19 RC1 until today.
But no I didn't get it to work with the now playing screen either, I shall try once more after some breakfast and coffee, maybe I did something wrong.

Sorry I have no skills in programming add-ons or any other code either really.

Edit:
No, I could not get it to work with now playing.
New Version:  Kodi 19 compatibility and update to Media Icons for all

Kodi Matrix:

Add new Remote Kodi '19' Matrix option

Add python3 service.addon - should be installed at same time. (requires setup/enabling, for fanart serving to be successful)

Updates to Remotes to fix fanart images and logos sometimes not appearing.
(if ongoing issues check Fanart for the file in Kodi - if thumb/poster/fanart exist FV should appropriate show them)

Everyone:
Big Update to Movie Icons:
Change to using Kodi Skin Standard Icons - change in file formatting.
(These are all Flags within the Texture.xbt of Skin - same directory structure can just copy and Paste)
See :
/Skin/Default/Icons/aspectratio and audiochannels, and resolution, contents etc.
These can be replaced from any Kodi Skins equivalent - which has the same structure.
Likewise - creating another Skin Directory would give multiple options
Skin/MyChange/Icons/....

Compatible with all Skins - different skins can have different Movie Icons.
Defaults to colour Ones as seems best selective

4k/DTS-X/ATMOS added
Updated Movie Cases in library to include 4k Ultra

Some setup discussion see here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/issues/21
Hey, it works great, Thank you for this !
After years i had to setup my mediacenter with Kodi/DVBViewer completely from the ground. I wanted to upgrade to Kodi 19.1 and Windows 10 21H1. Years my Frontview+ worked like a charm. Now i dont get it to work. I have a connection with 127.0.0.1 and the port i put in Kodi in network settings. I also have running the Python Matrix Frontview addon in Kodi. It connects with 1.330 but when i start a tv channel or play a recording it doesnt switch to the other screen and doesnt show the running tv show and time and so on. In the connection settings it says connected "Video" "Music" Is there somethin missing? What can i do?   I tried also the older version 1.325. In this version the screen changes when I start a program, but the correct time is not displayed and the time stays the same. Only a picture placeholder is shown.

I setup the whole windows system (new). Do i need to give some admin rights to a special folder maybe that it works?
New Release 1.340

Download github:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases

Changelog

Update Libraries
Update .Net Version to 4.8
Add Kodi 20 Remote Control (currently same as 19)
Fix for PVR/Live TV not showing NowPlaying screen. Was related to artwork changes.
Updated Kodi 19 and Kodi 20 remote controls to fix.
Confirmed that:
Now Playing info working.
Remote Control working.
Movie/Tv Show Database downloads artwork, and enables Play Back
Fanart Server displays (fanart depending on what is selected on Kodi working).
(See manual for setup the add-on Service in Kodi once FrontView is installed)

Plug: For DDC Control - added sometime ago...
If you haven't got it enabled - you really should....
This is a low level Hardware control of the Screens Contrast and Brightness levels.
Frontview - dims to black its screen, if selected when playback starts, but this can still leave a bright blank screen
If you enable DDC Control (in Amp/DDC settings) it will dim as usual, but once dim is completed will then drop brightness and contrast
of screen to 0 (it uses hardware controls on the monitor itself).
Turning off the backlight - exactly the same as if you had turned down the brightness and contrast screen settings., manually on the monitor/screen.
If Paused, or playback stops - screen will return to normal and display dims up.
(Unfortunately this isn't supported by all screens/graphics cards it would seem - exactly the issue is hard to track down. Hence the test button in the Settings Screen)
Hi everyone and thank you, GlennNZ, for such a cool project! I've set up FrontView+ on a Thermaltake DH102 with Kodi 20 and it works as described.

Hiwever, I cannot get the weather information to show up. I registered on OpenWeatherMap and created an API key. I pasted it into the corresponding config field and also added my location ID. But nothing happens: no weather icon in the top right corner, no weather on the home screen with the clock. Am I missing something?

FrontView+ 1.340
Windows 11

Is there any way to get logs or debug output?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3