• 21(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Here is the trace log.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnMOu_3VsLX4qxl7IPbZvkQvmibV
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2017-07-16, 13:58)tehax Wrote: Here is the trace log.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnMOu_3VsLX4qxl7IPbZvkQvmibV

Thanks - it appears as if your client doesn't send show name. Just title which is channel title. Interestingly it does send a plot summary but still no show name. I have a dig around the Json Kodi information and see if there is anything PVR specific.

On another note - need to do a bug fix update for latest 1.269 build for windows 8 and above. Disables dpi scaling for these builds of windows currently. (If you have any dpi issues go back to 1.268). 1.269 fine for Windows 7 and will update to 1.270 soon for all.

Glenn
Version 1.270 up

Better fix for windows 7 users
Change to display PVR title if available on Kodi

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, tv show name is now displayed Smile Now still with live tv fanart background and everything will be perfect.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2017-07-17, 17:15)tehax Wrote: Yes, tv show name is now displayed Smile Now still with live tv fanart background and everything will be perfect.

Might need to bring that up with PVR client - as it doesn't send fanart, so because it is not sent obviously Frontview+ cannot display.
Hi glenn!

I know that frontview is only running on windows. Is it possible to run the kodi frontview addon (the server) on a libreelec system? If yes, how to install the addon? I think its auomatically installed when installing frontview. Is it possible to build a separate kodi frotntview addon (the server) or can i simply copy the folder from the windows installation?

Thanks
(2017-07-26, 13:05)Momo90 Wrote: Hi glenn!

I know that frontview is only running on windows. Is it possible to run the kodi frontview addon (the server) on a libreelec system? If yes, how to install the addon? I think its auomatically installed when installing frontview. Is it possible to build a separate kodi frotntview addon (the server) or can i simply copy the folder from the windows installation?

Thanks

Hi
Should be possible to just copy the addon folder to the libreelec install. The addon is written in python so should work across different installs.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
@GlennNZ,

I noticed a couple of days ago that FronView+ is no longer able to control the currently playing media.  Pause, STOP, Previous, Next, etc do not work anymore.  It shows Kodi as connected (to FrontView Kodi addon and respective port).  Fanart works correctly.  The only thing that changed was my Kodi version to 17.4 DSPlayer build.  Is this reproducible for you?  Or, do I need to post a debug/trace log?  Thanks for all your development time and support.
(2017-10-17, 02:51)MKANET Wrote: @GlennNZ,

I noticed a couple of days ago that FronView+ is no longer able to control the currently playing media.  Pause, STOP, Previous, Next, etc do not work anymore.  It shows Kodi as connected (to FrontView Kodi addon and respective port).  Fanart works correctly.  The only thing that changed was my Kodi version to 17.4 DSPlayer build.  Is this reproducible for you?  Or, do I need to post a debug/trace log?  Thanks for all your development time and support.
Hi
Thanks for the message and I have good news, bad news.

Does work.

Tested Dsplayer 17.4 and FV+ Build 270.
Play, Stop, Arrows, Back - all function on my testing with network connection/different computer.

I would wonder whether you have enabled Kodi WebServer?
Particularly the allow remote control 2 buttons? As Below
(the FV remote would fail to connect without the rest being correct Username/pass/port etc.)

I had forgotten to enable the option in Kodi for letting other systems remote control it.  Also, I didn't have the username specified.  Thanks!

While I have your attention, I've been meaning to ask you a couple of questions I think you might know the answer to (sorry if they're off topic):

1. I like to play music playlists in kodi in the background (minimized) while playing PC games in fullscreen.  If I press FF/REW to change the song in FrontView+, Kodi steals focus; causing the game to minimize itself to the Windows Taskbar.  I also can reproduce this when sending FF/REW commands via json rpc directly.  Can you think of any way at all to send REW or FF remotely to Kodi (without messing with the current fullscreen application)?

2.  Do you happen to know the json command that pauses/plays DSPlayer?  I can only use the below commandline for the native Kodi player.  I tried asking on the DSPlayer forum thread; but nobody seemed to know the answer; at least, there weren't any responses to my question.

Code:
curl.exe" -i -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Player.PlayPause\", \"params\": { \"playerid\": 0 }, \"id\": 1}" -H "content-type:application/json" http://127.0.0.1:8091/jsonrpc >nul 2>&1
(2017-10-23, 01:25)MKANET Wrote: I had forgotten to enable the option in Kodi for letting other systems remote control it.  Also, I didn't have the username specified.  Thanks!

While I have your attention, I've been meaning to ask you a couple of questions I think you might know the answer to (sorry if they're off topic):

1. I like to play music playlists in kodi in the background (minimized) while playing PC games in fullscreen.  If I press FF/REW to change the song in FrontView+, Kodi steals focus; causing the game to minimize itself to the Windows Taskbar.  I also can reproduce this when sending FF/REW commands via json rpc directly.  Can you think of any way at all to send REW or FF remotely to Kodi (without messing with the current fullscreen application)?

2.  Do you happen to know the json command that pauses/plays DSPlayer?  I can only use the below commandline for the native Kodi player.  I tried asking on the DSPlayer forum thread; but nobody seemed to know the answer; at least, there weren't any responses to my question.

Code:
curl.exe" -i -X POST -d "{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"Player.PlayPause\", \"params\": { \"playerid\": 0 }, \"id\": 1}" -H "content-type:application/json" http://127.0.0.1:8091/jsonrpc >nul 2>&1

Hi

Sorry for the delay been away.

2.  Is easy - at a guess just remove the player id params altogether, or check you have the right player and should work.  FrontView uses a similar json control method- the log should detail the exact command sent.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=157996&page=3
Has some Json control examples.

1.  If Kodi takes back focus after receiving a Json command - then that would be Kodi issue.  Can't imagine there is anyway around it - unless maybe ? EventClient still usable.

Could see if simple python example does not take focus away?  (Different remote control method to Json)  So it may work  (provided EventClient is still supported??)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master..._action.py

Glenn
Hi,

First, awesome application, and greatly appreciated update to the imon crap.

I have my PC connected to my main TV in a shared rental house that I have just moved into, so I wanted to have different profiles for myself and my housemate, but didn't want to just create different kodi profiles, but different windows profiles with different privileges so he and his guests wouldn't have admin privileges to mess with my files. So, under Windows 7 I created a new login for him, configured Kodi for him, but frontview wouldn't start (splash screen did, but nothing else).

Kodi kept telling me there was a new stable version, so I updated that, to find that the FV+ remote functionality would no longer connect in my profile, giving an error message of invalid remote settings. Which I double and triple checked and changed in both Kodi and FV+ to make sure were exactly the same. Same result.

So, I reinstalled Windows and upgraded to Windows 8.1, as the only reason I was using Widows 7 was to use imon anyway, so went for a completely fresh start on everything.

Created the user profiles in Windows, installed kodi, and then installed FV+ latest build.

Now, in any profile, the splash screen loads, but no icon on the taskbar (no, it's not being hidden), no FV+ display, but there is a process being run, so it IS loading. Loading FV+ again has the same result, splash screen, a process under task manager, but no display of the FV+ window, and no icon on the task bar.

I just read all 21 pages of this thread to see if there was a solution, and there is no previously mentioned issues such as mine. It is a completely fresh install, so no settings have been loaded to have log files. Using latest (stable) builds of Kodi and most recent FV+ build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan
Hi Nathan, have you tried starting the process as a desktop Admin? Right-Click the actual frontview+ exe and "Run as Administrator"?

Also, every time you update Kodi, you have to update/validate/test the Kodi remote settings in FrontView+.

(2017-12-03, 15:31)NathanJ Wrote: Hi,

I have my PC connected to my main TV in a shared rental house that I have just moved into, so I wanted to have different profiles for myself and my housemate, but didn't want to just create different kodi profiles, but different windows profiles with different privileges so he and his guests wouldn't have admin privileges to mess with my files. So, under Windows 7 I created a new login for him, configured Kodi for him, but frontview wouldn't start (splash screen did, but nothing else).

Kodi kept telling me there was a new stable version, so I updated that, to find that the FV+ remote functionality would no longer connect in my profile, giving an error message of invalid remote settings. Which I double and triple checked and changed in both Kodi and FV+ to make sure were exactly the same. Same result.

So, I reinstalled Windows and upgraded to Windows 8.1, as the only reason I was using Widows 7 was to use imon anyway, so went for a completely fresh start on everything.

Created the user profiles in Windows, installed kodi, and then installed FV+ latest build.

Now, in any profile, the splash screen loads, but no icon on the taskbar (no, it's not being hidden), no FV+ display, but there is a process being run, so it IS loading. Loading FV+ again has the same result, splash screen, a process under task manager, but no display of the FV+ window, and no icon on the task bar.

I just read all 21 pages of this thread to see if there was a solution, and there is no previously mentioned issues such as mine. It is a completely fresh install, so no settings have been loaded to have log files. Using latest (stable) builds of Kodi and most recent FV+ build.

Nathan
(2017-12-03, 15:31)NathanJ Wrote: Hi,

Nathan
Actually, there is a log...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20u10xkrsuaiz0...B.log?dl=0
(2017-12-03, 17:29)MKANET Wrote: Hi Nathan, have you tried starting the process as a desktop Admin? Right-Click the actual frontview+ exe and "Run as Administrator"?

Also, every time you update Kodi, you have to update/validate/test the Kodi remote settings in FrontView+. 
I have tried that, same result. Loads the process, loads the splash screen, but no window, no task bar icon. I have also tried compatibility mode to drop it down to Windows 7 just in case, same result.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7546ae15e0ll3s...r.jpg?dl=0
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3