Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
(2017-12-03, 15:31)NathanJ Wrote: Hi,

First, awesome application, and greatly appreciated update to the imon crap.

I have my PC connected to my main TV in a shared rental house that I have just moved into, so I wanted to have different profiles for myself and my housemate, but didn't want to just create different kodi profiles, but different windows profiles with different privileges so he and his guests wouldn't have admin privileges to mess with my files. So, under Windows 7 I created a new login for him, configured Kodi for him, but frontview wouldn't start (splash screen did, but nothing else).

Kodi kept telling me there was a new stable version, so I updated that, to find that the FV+ remote functionality would no longer connect in my profile, giving an error message of invalid remote settings. Which I double and triple checked and changed in both Kodi and FV+ to make sure were exactly the same. Same result.

So, I reinstalled Windows and upgraded to Windows 8.1, as the only reason I was using Widows 7 was to use imon anyway, so went for a completely fresh start on everything.

Created the user profiles in Windows, installed kodi, and then installed FV+ latest build.

Now, in any profile, the splash screen loads, but no icon on the taskbar (no, it's not being hidden), no FV+ display, but there is a process being run, so it IS loading. Loading FV+ again has the same result, splash screen, a process under task manager, but no display of the FV+ window, and no icon on the task bar.

I just read all 21 pages of this thread to see if there was a solution, and there is no previously mentioned issues such as mine. It is a completely fresh install, so no settings have been loaded to have log files. Using latest (stable) builds of Kodi and most recent FV+ build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan

Hi Nathan

Sorry for difficulties - does seem something strange is going on.

Thanks for the log.

The taskbar indicates that front view is running - that is the background process and when no icon/page indicates a low level windows failure to start. The log details the issue - just looking into now. Force close the taskbar instance before restarting.

Check %appdata%/FrontView
Directory for settings file
Can try deleting and rerunning first off

Where have you installed Frontview from? Check the github releases first off.

Glenn

Messages In This Thread
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - by GlennNZ - 2017-12-03, 22:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3