Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
(2017-12-04, 06:23)GlennNZ Wrote: Thanks
Sorry - meant task manager showing instance.

May have crashed too early to create settings.xml file as yet.

I suspect related to folder permissions; if not frank folder existence as appears to be crashing when can’t find background files (some come from skin). To troubleshoot will have to install windows profiles and see where error lies when can.
Meanwhile could check folder permissions for both the folder above and the program files/FrontView folder.
(could also re-run installer as admininstrator)

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

I uninstalled, deleted the installer, restarted PC, deleted all remaining Frontview+ folders, downloaded again, and installed again and it now works with more files and folders in the %appdata%\frontview+ folder. So it was definitely some issue with the install process. The remote setup works, and it works with Kodi... Under my administrative user profile.

So that's most of the problems out of the way.

But... I still can't load it as another Windows user profile. I would like to switch users, so the process would still be running as the first signed on user, up to in my case a maximum of 3 simultaneously logged in users. I have set my PC to perform maintenance tasks like backup, then power down overnight to conserve power while everyone is sleeping, then start up daily at a certain time. This then automatically logs in with my administrative login, with the screen saver / power management set to ask for username and password on exit of screen saver / screen shutdown. This allows me to load programs at boot-up, but still allows my housemate to login without administrative privileges once the screen saver is first activated by switching to his user profile.
So, when I switch to my housemate's profile, it says that there is another instance of FV+ running, and closes the process (which is what it is supposed to do). Obviously with it storing stuff in the %appdata% folder, it was only intended to be used for one user, but that's easily worked around by copying the directory from the first %appdata% folder to the second user's folder, then changing any necessary settings.

Therefore the issue lies with not being able to run multiple instances.

So, my options are to somehow change it referencing the %appdata%/Frontview+ folder to point to a folder that is accessible by all users, then configure every instance of Kodi to have the same remote control settings. Or you would need to change the code to allow for multiple user profiles on the same machine. I can't see any settings files in the program files\FV+ directory to do the first, so I'll have to handball this one back to you.

Ideally I'd like to have 3 user profiles on my Windows PC. My administrative one, my housemates's non-administrative one, and one child profile for when guests have kids and want to only access kid related stuff. I'd like to have all three Windows profiles be able to have the FV+ screen running.

So, there's a new challenge for you Smile

Thanks

Nathan

Messages In This Thread
RE: FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement - by NathanJ - 2017-12-04, 10:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3