• 24(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement

New Version 1.285

- Changes Weather API to DarkSky.net API (given Weather underground has closed down their API)
Needs a DarkSky API key; available from DarkSky Free.  (allows 1000 calls/day should be plenty)
- Adds check for Currently screen if not displayed and should be
- Weather path check
- 32bit and 64bit versions of FrontView available.

Installation:

Acquire new DarkSky.Net Api Key from here:
https://darksky.net/dev/register

Install FrontView+ either 32 or 64 bit version.

Go to Weather Settings.
Enter Latitude and Longitude of your location
Enter Desired Name (can be anything)
Enter API Key
Weather Temp Units - as per DarkSKY API
Auto would seem best option.
Click Save and Wait or Restart Application.

Glenn
Touch-up Release 1.286

Better handling of Remote Connection errors - appropriately shows problem.
Fix for 64 bit install (not all Dll were 64 bit fixed)
Add Kodi 18 Remote Control  (Working fine with my Kodi 18 Nightly testing despite above comment)

Usual Spot:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases
New Release

Simplifies FanartServer for Kodi installations - uses Remote IP connection and default port of 5000

Change Fanart Exception
Change to Sources xml file location - check remote server version (rather than previously just using local)
Hello, I have a thermaltake DH104 case which uses the imon 7 inch display. Do I need to install the imon Software before installing Frontview+? The latest version I have found online for the imon software seems to be iMON_8_12_1202. Do I need to install anything else?
(2019-01-12, 01:47)kgian Wrote: Hello, I have a thermaltake DH104 case which uses the imon 7 inch display. Do I need to install the imon Software before installing Frontview+? The latest version I have found online for the imon software seems to be iMON_8_12_1202. Do I need to install anything else?

Yes, IMon is now super old and depreciated. You shouldn’t need to run it at all. You may need drives for your screen - but normally they can be found un- related to iMon.

If you do install it - nothing lost. Just don’t run it at startup.
Anything else? - well will depend on your windows install, some of Windows .Net libraries are needed. Most come with windows, but should prompt for install if missing.

Glenn
This program is really FANTASTIC! I'm using a thermaltake DH-102 and it works great with le last Kodi 18.1 release.
I also use it when I come across a 2 monitors setup. It's super useful and a must have for a superior kodi experience.
GlennNZ thank you so much for sharing your work and amazing skills.
1.300 works good, but how can i activate the tracing feature during browsing through films library?
Is Kodi.service additional plugin needed beside Frontview plugin in kodi?

Shows Fanart as you browse Media Center – Fanart updates depending on the Browsing option (Kodi only – needs kodi.service installed)
(2018-03-24, 12:59)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 19:16)charliekay74 Wrote: if im browsing my movies library in kodi frontview is showing random movie artwork instead of the movie artwork that fits to the one im browsing at. How can i change this?

Need to setup fan art browsing - check and enable the plugin that is installed with frontview; both in Kodi and enable ‘server’ in Kodi and/or read the manual which is still UpToDate for this bit. (Its the best bit of FV in my mind)

You also need to have extrafanart available.  It should be in a folder called extrafanart within the Movie or TV Show directory that you are browsing.  Fanart Downloader automatically installs it there - just need to run it and leave it for a while

Glenn 

Do you mean
frontview kodi integration
addon in kodi? this is working and connecing with frontview but
tracing feature dont work.
all the other things work like showing artwork when movie is playing
but not if browsing library...
(2019-08-04, 10:08)charliekay74 Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 12:59)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 19:16)charliekay74 Wrote: if im browsing my movies library in kodi frontview is showing random movie artwork instead of the movie artwork that fits to the one im browsing at. How can i change this?

Need to setup fan art browsing - check and enable the plugin that is installed with frontview; both in Kodi and enable ‘server’ in Kodi and/or read the manual which is still UpToDate for this bit. (Its the best bit of FV in my mind)

You also need to have extrafanart available.  It should be in a folder called extrafanart within the Movie or TV Show directory that you are browsing.  Fanart Downloader automatically installs it there - just need to run it and leave it for a while

Glenn  

Do you mean
Need to enable 'FrontView Server' mode within Frontview Fanart settings.  Ideally restart FrontView+ if first time enabled.
Yes Frontview Integration needs to be enabled and connected to frontview on correct/default ports.
The ports setting if something other than default is needed are set in Frontview settings.xml file with %appdata%/Frontview+
Also need Kodi sources.xml correctly setup as FV+ compares sources.xml for filepath received by Frontview. Service on Kodi.

This should do it.
If not welcome check Kodi logs, make sure Frontview integration is running and can send me Debug&Trace enabled log from Frontview (within %appdata%/Frontview+/Log)
and happy to check.

If paths are 'weird' may cause issues.. but happy to have a look and potentially have a check for.

Glenn
(2019-08-05, 05:01)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2019-08-04, 10:08)charliekay74 Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 12:59)GlennNZ Wrote: Need to setup fan art browsing - check and enable the plugin that is installed with frontview; both in Kodi and enable ‘server’ in Kodi and/or read the manual which is still UpToDate for this bit. (Its the best bit of FV in my mind)

Glenn  

Do you mean
Need to enable 'FrontView Server' mode within Frontview Fanart settings.  Ideally restart FrontView+ if first time enabled.
Yes Frontview Integration needs to be enabled and connected to frontview on correct/default ports.
The ports setting if something other than default is needed are set in Frontview settings.xml file with %appdata%/Frontview+
Also need Kodi sources.xml correctly setup as FV+ compares sources.xml for filepath received by Frontview. Service on Kodi.

This should do it.
If not welcome check Kodi logs, make sure Frontview integration is running and can send me Debug&Trace enabled log from Frontview (within %appdata%/Frontview+/Log)
and happy to check.

If paths are 'weird' may cause issues.. but happy to have a look and potentially have a check for.

Glenn    
in my frontview its called in fanart
use yatse2 server

this is activated.
 frontview integration is working

but no tracing working although frontview running on my computer successfully since years:-(

and unfortunatly the new version crashes regularly or closes after standby over night.

my log is too large for pastebin.
(2019-08-05, 22:25)charliekay74 Wrote: my log is too large for pastebin.

The new version just adds Jriver remote the other actual code base hasn’t changed (which is why not posted here) 

It does sound like something is wrong with setup/install somewhere.
But happy to have a look, but can;t do much without a log - Upload it zipped somewhere.

Have extensively tested, and wake from sleep fine, can't induce a crash, not to say not happening but need logs.
i now installed older version 286 that does not crash.
but tracing not working in all versions.

log for V302B, crashing or closing after some hours maybe after standby i dont know:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv1ruj7ffunl1u...B.log?dl=0
(2019-08-09, 13:36)charliekay74 Wrote: i now installed older version 286 that does not crash.

log for V302B, crashing or closing after some hours maybe after standby i dont know:

Ok. Some questions:

1. Any crashes in this log period? If not I need some/one
2. Do you see any Fanart ever?
Not sure what tracing means and something lost in translation.
3. Windows Event viewer may report a FV crash which may be searchable.
4. Are you sure 302B (release less than 12 hours ago) has the same issues?

Review of Log:

FV+ does receive information regarding fan art from Kodi.
Never seem to receive Movie path only ever main path. G:\Meine etc.
Appropriate Fanart either uses default Movie Directory set in settings.xml or default TV set in settings.xml for use when no fanart. Once browsing and have selected a movie should send that movies path, and FV+ will look for extrafanart for that path.
For some reason that path is never received - either you expecting something different or the information is never received. This could be a Kodi issue, a Kodi version issue, or potentially even a skin issue where information isn’t sent.

Have tested against Kodi 18.3/Default skin/English - and correct information is set by the service and received by FV+

Edit:

Ok it seems you have a file structure like this?
G:\Meine Filme\Movie 1.ts
G:\Meine Filme\Movie 2.ts
etc.etc. 'flat-folder'

This is flat-folder is not recommended by Kodi and not supported by FV+:  see here https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

FV+ needs the recommended folder structure: 
G:\Meine Film\Movie 1 Name \Moviefile.ts
G:\Meine Film\Movie 2 Name\anothernamevideofile.ts
etc.

The Fanart also has to be downloaded somewhere to be displayed by FV+, the Kodi addon extrafanart downloader does this and stores the files
G:\Meine Film\Movie 1\extrafanart\picture1.jpg,fanart2.jpg etc

Without this folder structure there is no Fanart to find.

(Doesn't explain crash - and still would like log with Crash is 1.303 does not fix)

Glenn
(2019-08-09, 23:51)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 13:36)charliekay74 Wrote: i now installed older version 286 that does not crash.

Ok. Some questions:

1. Any crashes in this log period? If not I need some/one
2. Do you see any Fanart ever?
Not sure what tracing means and something lost in translation.
3. Windows Event viewer may report a FV crash which may be searchable.
4. Are you sure 302B (release less than 12 hours ago) has the same issues?

Review of Log:

FV+ does receive information regarding fan art from Kodi.
Never seem to receive Movie path only ever main path. G:\Meine etc.
Appropriate Fanart either uses default Movie Directory set in settings.xml or default TV set in settings.xml for use when no fanart. Once browsing and have selected a movie should send that movies path, and FV+ will look for extrafanart for that path.
For some reason that path is never received - either you expecting something different or the information is never received. This could be a Kodi issue, a Kodi version issue, or potentially even a skin issue where information isn’t sent.

Have tested against Kodi 18.3/Default skin/English - and correct information is set by the service and received by FV+

Edit:

Ok it seems you have a file structure like this?
G:\Meine Filme\Movie 1.ts
G:\Meine Filme\Movie 2.ts
etc.etc. 'flat-folder'

This is flat-folder is not recommended by Kodi and not supported by FV+:  see here https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

FV+ needs the recommended folder structure: 
G:\Meine Film\Movie 1 Name \Moviefile.ts
G:\Meine Film\Movie 2 Name\anothernamevideofile.ts
etc.

The Fanart also has to be downloaded somewhere to be displayed by FV+, the Kodi addon extrafanart downloader does this and stores the files
G:\Meine Film\Movie 1\extrafanart\picture1.jpg,fanart2.jpg etc

Without this folder structure there is no Fanart to find.

(Doesn't explain crash - and still would like log with Crash is 1.303 does not fix)

Glenn        
thanks for your explanations.

it crashed/closed in V302B, the version that was some hours old:-)

now im back on V286 that runs without closing.

what is working is random fanart/Fanart Always, but that images are not fitting to the films
im browsing through.

and fanart is working when i play a film, than shows the correct film image.

and what im seeing now, its 9 o clock in germany and the weather
on frontview is displayed with moon icon and moon weather backgroundSmile

now installed V303, lets see what happens. thanks so far!

UPDATE 1
V303 still working, no crash up to now after 12 hours...

UPDATE2
Also after night V303 is running.  No crashing anymore:-) Thanks

UPDATE3 12.8.2019
V303 runs stable. Good Work. Thanks
Is there any chance for linux/libreelec version?
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3