• 25(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
Hi
First off Great work. I havent been able to make ir work for me yet, but I'm already excited in anticipation, for the possibilities and convenience for when I can make it work. I thank you for your effort in developing this.

Ok Now my situation. I have Microsoft Surface pro and I want to use it as a touch screen remote on coffee table to control Kodi which is installed on Fire TV.
Before posting this here I tried hard to look at existing pages on this thread. I learn that back in 2015-16 you did not support this use case, but I gather that it supports this use now.
My problem is, I think, I have done the part on Surface fine as I can see what is playing on Kodi on my surface screen. (up till page 8 of your pdf Manual)
But I havent been able to make any settings on Kodi. I havent been able to install service.frontview. Neither do I see frontview kodi integration option in Addon/Services. Please advise how to proceed (basically from page 9 onwards in the pdf manual)

Thanks in Advance
AK
Hi

Windows Kodi —> another computer windows Kodi works. 100%/
Other operating systems at either end are really unsupported.

Having said that - most should work and you should be able to see now playing info, fanart, remote control but Other fanart aspects may not be possible.

For that it does need the Frontview service which you will need to install on FireTv. Which may or may not be possible for firetv kodi. The service is installed with Frontview to the Kodi service directories - you could find it there and try to get it onto fireTV.
But sorry not really sure whether that is possible ....
(2019-11-28, 12:17)GlennNZ Wrote: ...The service is installed with Frontview to the Kodi service directories - you could find it there and try to get it onto fireTV.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure if I understand the above clearly.
Are you saying that the Frontview installation that I have done on surface pro - am I supposed to take service directories from the installation directories on surface pro and somehow take them to kodi installation on Fire TV??
Or am I not reading it right?
Could you please elaborate.
(2019-12-02, 16:06)kapooranuj Wrote:
(2019-11-28, 12:17)GlennNZ Wrote: ...The service is installed with Frontview to the Kodi service directories - you could find it there and try to get it onto fireTV.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm not sure if I understand the above clearly.
Are you saying that the Frontview installation that I have done on surface pro - am I supposed to take service directories from the installation directories on surface pro and somehow take them to kodi installation on Fire TV??
Or am I not reading it right?
Could you please elaborate.   
Basically - yes.

Should be possible from my brief internet reading, about FireTV

Will need to allow unknown sources, and install from zip:
https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_ad..._zip_files

I have uploaded here/hopefully the correct folder format:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases/tag/1.310
(2019-12-02, 23:21)GlennNZ Wrote: I have uploaded here/hopefully the correct folder format:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases/tag/1.310 
Unknown sources are already enable (that's essential to even install kodi on FTV)
Have downloaded the service.FrontView.zip file from the page you linked (hope that's the only one I need to be concerned with).
Will try and report.
Hi! I'm having a question.. I'm using frontview on the 7" display of my moneual 932 htpc case.. Working nice as now playing screen..

Only the weather and time at the right upper corner is hard to read.. Can someone point me to the right config files to make this a bit bigger?

Last but not least, thanks for this great piece of software!
If your looking for a replacement for dark sky net, another developer has explained that openweathermap has a document explaining how to convert from DSN to OWM.  https://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie...26#p139526
(2020-02-21, 00:52)powermarcel10 Wrote: Hi! I'm having a question.. I'm using frontview on the 7" display of my moneual 932 htpc case.. Working nice as now playing screen..

Only the weather and time at the right upper corner is hard to read.. Can someone point me to the right config files to make this a bit bigger?

Last but not least, thanks for this great piece of software!

I've been trying to get an acceptable layout on my 7" silverstone case screen but even with playing with all the sizing options and sliders still have text elements unreadable and images over the top of others.
Been posting about my struggles over on the emby forum: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ent=846659
What screen resolution and settings are you running?
New Version:  Update weather provider as Darksky no more..

Change Weather to OpenWeatherOrg from DarkSky (as closing following Apples purchase)
Needs free API from OpenWeatherOrg - entered into Weather Settings Page.

Re-Merge earlier Emby Remote changes; not carried through to most recent version it would seem
Check Plex connection/Server: Functions correctly; always chooses local client (running on same computer as FrontView)
Reminder:
To setup Plex: select Plex server IP/Port (usually 32400) and username, password for Server.
FV will then display info on the same computer it is running (eg. always local to FV client selected)
Up to now i run Frontview+ with 800x600 resolution. I changed the monitor and now want a higher resolution 1680x1050. but when running frontview+ it switches back to 800x600. In the options/menu of frontview+ in display/resolutions there is nothing to choose, its blank. How can i change resolution?
(2020-11-21, 09:47)charliekay74 Wrote: Up to now i run Frontview+ with 800x600 resolution. I changed the monitor and now want a higher resolution 1680x1050. but when running frontview+ it switches back to 800x600. In the options/menu of frontview+ in display/resolutions there is nothing to choose, its blank. How can i change resolution?

Hi
Should list resolutions possible - but would depend on monitor type/USB drivers etc.
Can go to settings.XML file within %appdata% frontview and change resolution to see if that fixes.
(2020-12-05, 06:33)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 09:47)charliekay74 Wrote: Up to now i run Frontview+ with 800x600 resolution. I changed the monitor and now want a higher resolution 1680x1050. but when running frontview+ it switches back to 800x600. In the options/menu of frontview+ in display/resolutions there is nothing to choose, its blank. How can i change resolution?

Hi
Should list resolutions possible - but would depend on monitor type/USB drivers etc.
Can go to settings.XML file within %appdata% frontview and change resolution to see if that fixes.
Thank you. That was the solution:-)
Hey, thanks for this great app.

Is there a addon available that supports Kodi 19?
(2021-01-17, 19:17)Sylfest Wrote: Hey, thanks for this great app.

Hi
Does it not already? Wasn’t aware of any changes on that front and would except kodi18 to be compatible?
(2021-02-11, 09:50)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2021-01-17, 19:17)Sylfest Wrote: Hey, thanks for this great app.

Hi
Does it not already? Wasn’t aware of any changes on that front and would except kodi18 to be compatible?

Hi
Yes the addon works like a charm in Kodi 18.
However I tried to install the .zip service addon inside Kodi 19 RC1 on windows 10. But that didn't work for me.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3