• 7(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
Not sure if anyone reads the Emby forum but they posted a nice guide (not as good as this one) on setting up madvr. What I really like about the guide though is the profiles table they put together against hardware suggestions and display resolution. Hope it helps people out in setting up their initial profiles.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...-hd-audio/
(2016-03-24, 17:06)Talguy Wrote: Not sure if anyone reads the Emby forum but they posted a nice guide (not as good as this one) on setting up madvr. What I really like about the guide though is the profiles table they put together against hardware suggestions and display resolution. Hope it helps people out in setting up their initial profiles.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/t...-hd-audio/

Yes, I've seen that link. It is included in another thread I maintain: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-th...hread.html.
nice glad to see it in another one of your guides.

What is the best way to back up my Madvr settings so that I can restore them in case of a crash or a major rewrite I might have done went bad? Does Madvr have a text file that we can actually write in to configure the settings without going through the GUI and could I put it in my own personal GIT repository so I can clear see what has changed between my updates and setting changes?
(2016-03-28, 16:47)Talguy Wrote: nice glad to see it in another one of your guides.

What is the best way to back up my Madvr settings so that I can restore them in case of a crash or a major rewrite I might have done went bad? Does Madvr have a text file that we can actually write in to configure the settings without going through the GUI and could I put it in my own personal GIT repository so I can clear see what has changed between my updates and setting changes?

I don't know about GitHub, but madVR creates a settings.bin file if you install it in a drive with write permissions (e.g. My Documents vs. Local Disk C).
Hi Warner,

I'm using your GTS 450 profiles on my 760 and most everything works fine but I have come across a few tv shows with high bitrate 1080p that have micro stutters, They work find in vlc and on my pc monitor with kodi/mpc but not in kodi/mpc when viewing on my TV 1080p @ 24p

What settings would be to keep as much quality as possible but get more performance? I have just tried changing chroma from super-xbr100 + AR to Catmull-Rom + AR but the micro stutterers still persist.

I don't know if this help as I had to pause and go into window mode to get the screenshot so it should be exclusive full screen 10 bit and also the rendering stats change, but here it is anyway

So I just installed DSPlayer back on my low power machine which is rocking a GTS-450, since my high powered HT{C is down for the count right now. I used the profiles you provided in your tutorial. I also have the latest versions of DSPlayer, LAV, Madvr and XySubFilter installed. When I play 1080p content I am getting usually high present times. My render times are around 13ms but the present times are near 27ms. This is causing some stutters in the picture as I'm either right on the border of the maximum time I have between frames (~41ms). Some times it goes over some times it stays under that max time. I have the same issue when I play the video with MPC-HC. Anyone else experience a longer present time?

I also have MySQL running on this box. I don't think this an issue but who knows. O I'm also rocking the latest NVidia drivers. If that's the issue what driver version should I roll back to?

Also I just ripped the Invader Zim series into my library. Man these are the only video files that look horrendous even with using Madvr. I can't get Madvr to reduce the pixilation around the edges of the thick bold lines that outline the characters. Anyone else have Invader Zim on their machines that doesn't have this issue?
(2016-03-30, 11:07)Marklar Wrote: Hi Warner,

I'm using your GTS 450 profiles on my 760 and most everything works fine but I have come across a few tv shows with high bitrate 1080p that have micro stutters, They work find in vlc and on my pc monitor with kodi/mpc but not in kodi/mpc when viewing on my TV 1080p @ 24p

What settings would be to keep as much quality as possible but get more performance? I have just tried changing chroma from super-xbr100 + AR to Catmull-Rom + AR but the micro stutterers still persist.

I don't know if this help as I had to pause and go into window mode to get the screenshot so it should be exclusive full screen 10 bit and also the rendering stats change, but here it is anyway

You are using DXVA image upscaling. This will override every other setting. Those stutters might be corrected by disabling image scaling in zoom control. You can turn off upscaling if a video falls within a certain number of lines (e.g. 10 lines or less).

If that isn't the problem, use ordered dithering and Catmull-Rom chroma upscaling. There isn't much else to adjust (perhaps use crispen edges if you want image enhancements?). If that still doesn't work, make a profile for that content that uses DXVA2 image upscaling.
(2016-03-30, 19:17)Talguy Wrote: So I just installed DSPlayer back on my low power machine which is rocking a GTS-450, since my high powered HT{C is down for the count right now. I used the profiles you provided in your tutorial. I also have the latest versions of DSPlayer, LAV, Madvr and XySubFilter installed. When I play 1080p content I am getting usually high present times. My render times are around 13ms but the present times are near 27ms. This is causing some stutters in the picture as I'm either right on the border of the maximum time I have between frames (~41ms). Some times it goes over some times it stays under that max time. I have the same issue when I play the video with MPC-HC. Anyone else experience a longer present time?

I also have MySQL running on this box. I don't think this an issue but who knows. O I'm also rocking the latest NVidia drivers. If that's the issue what driver version should I roll back to?

Also I just ripped the Invader Zim series into my library. Man these are the only video files that look horrendous even with using Madvr. I can't get Madvr to reduce the pixilation around the edges of the thick bold lines that outline the characters. Anyone else have Invader Zim on their machines that doesn't have this issue?

I haven't heard of a high present time before. Does it make any difference if you reduce your settings? Are all of the other queues filling? Maybe it is a problem with hardware acceleration? I don't know based on that information.
@Warner306 so a quick observation when I got home. First video I played had a present time of 1-6ms. Then I started playing other test videos and my present time went up to 27ms. I came back to the first video I tested and it was now 27ms. All videos where 1080p. I ended up reducing my settings and it only affected rendering time not present time. My rendering queue is about 50-75% full when the rest of the queues are full

Let me know what more info.
Got my Answer from doom9, all good
(2016-03-31, 00:53)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306 so a quick observation when I got home. First video I played had a present time of 1-6ms. Then I started playing other test videos and my present time went up to 27ms. I came back to the first video I tested and it was now 27ms. All videos where 1080p. I ended up reducing my settings and it only affected rendering time not present time. My rendering queue is about 50-75% full when the rest of the queues are full

Is the present queue filling? If not, your settings must be too aggressive. All of the queues must fill to present an image. The rendering queue is filled by the GPU memory and GPU shaders.
(2016-03-31, 00:53)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306 so a quick observation when I got home. First video I played had a present time of 1-6ms. Then I started playing other test videos and my present time went up to 27ms. I came back to the first video I tested and it was now 27ms. All videos where 1080p. I ended up reducing my settings and it only affected rendering time not present time. My rendering queue is about 50-75% full when the rest of the queues are full

let me do a guess windows 7 with disabled aero?
thx
(2016-03-31, 18:36)Warner306 Wrote: Is the present queue filling? If not, your settings must be too aggressive. All of the queues must fill to present an image. The rendering queue is filled by the GPU memory and GPU shaders.

yes it is filling but not completely. The queues max is 12 and Madvr stats is telling me it's 6-8 all the time. All other queses are maxed out based on the guides setup of those queues. I've really reduced my settings for 1080p content and haven't even seen the present times drop at all from 27ms. The rendering times have dropped like a millisecond. That's about it.

I do have DX11 exclusive mode set and have 10bits set as my output.

(2016-04-01, 04:26)huhn Wrote: let me do a guess windows 7 with disabled aero?

Windows 10 x64
(2016-04-01, 14:24)Talguy Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 18:36)Warner306 Wrote: Is the present queue filling? If not, your settings must be too aggressive. All of the queues must fill to present an image. The rendering queue is filled by the GPU memory and GPU shaders.

yes it is filling but not completely. The queues max is 12 and Madvr stats is telling me it's 6-8 all the time. All other queses are maxed out based on the guides setup of those queues. I've really reduced my settings for 1080p content and haven't even seen the present times drop at all from 27ms. The rendering times have dropped like a millisecond. That's about it.

I do have DX11 exclusive mode set and have 10bits set as my output.

(2016-04-01, 04:26)huhn Wrote: let me do a guess windows 7 with disabled aero?

Windows 10 x64

Reduce the present queue so it's lower than the rendering queue and try using fullscreen exclusive mode.

After that, I would try lowering my settings and see if that fixes anything.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5