Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2017-07-28, 02:29)atopiques Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 20:03)Warner306 Wrote: The best playback chain is madVR full, desktop full, display full. But your not missing anything by going with limited.

As for your settings, they look ideal and should at least be better than your display at upscaling HD content. NGU Sharp luma doubling is the key setting to be worried about.

So I played around with madVR settings last night to upscale to 2160p. Tried the settings mentioned and was able to play the Star Wars UHD demo. However, the picture still looked soft and colours seemed washed out. This was quite obvious going from windowed mode (I set it to change resolution and refresh rate only when going full screen) to full screen.

In windowed mode while in 1920x1080 desktop display, the picture looked sharp and colours were vibrant. Once I hit F11 to go full screen exclusive, the difference was quite noticable and picture quality was worse. I tried playing 720p/1080p movies and the doubling settings were too aggressive to handle the upscale to 2160. I had to use upscaling instead of doubling for it to playback. In all 720/1080/2160 movies, the picture quality was soft and colours washed out.

So I reverted to 1080 display modes in madVR, and picture quality was much much better. Am I doing something wrong?

Tone down NGU Sharp to medium and everything else to let madVR decide.

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Warner306 - 2017-07-28, 23:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5