• 27(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
Tried DXVA2 CB and its a no go, probably due to the amount of system RAM (only 4 GB).
You should check if memory usage is an issue.

During playback when these rendering spikes happen, open Windows Task Manager and GPU-Z. Use Task Manager to check the amount of system memory used, and use GPU-Z (Sensors tab) to check the amount of VRAM used. Are you maxed out in either case?

Do these sources have subtitles? XySubFilter might not be the best choice for subtitle renderer with a GT 1030.

You really shouldn't see any performance difference between the various video decoding methods.
(2018-12-25, 15:37)Warner306 Wrote: You should check if memory usage is an issue.

During playback when these rendering spikes happen, open Windows Task Manager and GPU-Z. Use Task Manager to check the amount of system memory used, and use GPU-Z (Sensors tab) to check the amount of VRAM used. Are you maxed out in either case?

Do these sources have subtitles? XySubFilter might not be the best choice for subtitle renderer with a GT 1030.

You really shouldn't see any performance difference between the various video decoding methods.
Thanks for your help. I will check again all files without subs  (yes, all files have subtitles) and let you know !
Ok, it seems that things are better now. After tweaking a little gpu & cpu queues render times settled ~10 ms (there are also a couple of files with 25 ms, but i think that has smt to do with encoding) When playing video cpu load is ~25%, gpu load ~ 40 % RAM usage ~ 55 % and VRAM usage ~95 %. These numbers are with UHD mkv files. Do you think a different subtitle renderer could make a difference in VRAM usage? And if yes, do you have any suggestions?
Also i have a question regarding 1080p files. Is upscaling to 2160p more important or should i focus on chroma upscaling? I mean should i go for a lower setting in image upscale (Lanzcos) and higher in chroma (NGU) or the other way around?

Thanks again for your patience
You could use the DSPlayer Starter Kit at the end of the second section of this guide and replace all of the XySubFilter entries in mediasconfig.xml with XyVSFilter. This would, of course, mean you would have to install XyVSFilter and set Filters managements to external filters. If you aren't going over your VRAM limit, it might not be necessary, but it is an option.

Chroma upscaling isn't that important compared to image upscaling. So uses the highest value for image upscaling that makes sense.
I don't know if it's already been asked or not. But is DS Player going to be integrated with Leia. ? 

I like DS Player way better then MPC-BE.
Not known. The person who had been providing updates in the past does not keep in contact with the Kodi forums. Will know after a stable v18 is available.
Hi Warner306.
How much time has passed , I wanted to ask an information , in my oled panel , I have the possibility to switch one of the four HDMI sockets in PC mode to activate the Chroma subsampling (4:4:4) I tried to activate an outlet in PC mode , but the blacks in my eyes look gray , with which gamut setting you need associate this PC mode for HDMI and madVR ?
I wouldn't use PC mode. Someone has measured the color volume of an LG OLED with a colorimeter and it is lower than the other video modes. This extra color volume is more important to image quality than 4:4:4 chroma subsampling.
Thanks , I suspected it , I had read of many users using PC mode own on LG Oled panel , if you confirm this return to normal HDMI.
Hi,
I've set my rules into madvr (look at the attached picture) but it's not working...

Please, some helpImage
You probably need to change this in the DSPlayer settings: Change - Manage settings with Kodi from Load and Save with DSPlayer database to Load from madVR active profile.

Once you've done that, delete the DSPlayer Profile Group. It is a dummy profile and not meant to do anything.
Hi, I've tried to do the same thing on another pc without Kodi DSPlayer.
On thi pc I've installed only MPC-HC and last official build of Madvr.
Nothing change ...

if (deintFps <= 25) and (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p24"
else if (deintFps <= 25) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "1080p24"
else if (deintFps > 25) and (srcWidth > 1920) "2160p60"
else if (deintFps > 25) and ((srcWidth <= 1920) and (srcHeight > 1080)) "1080p60"

So it's not a Kodi DSplayer problem ...
Surely I've missed something ....

Any help?
thank you
srcHeight is supposed to be <= 1080. So the rules were fine, but the 1080p profile couldn't be selected. Minor omission that can't be caught by the green check mark. It gave you a false sense of security that the rules were input correctly.
Hello again,

i have a question that maybe does not belong to that thread, but i am looking for some direction pointers.
My problem is that if i start hdr movie with DSplayer, hdr kicks in but the colors are washed out. If i change my tv input to tv and then back to HDMI, then everything its ok up to the time that i stop the video. If i play another video then i have to repeat the input swap. 
TV Samsung KS8000
1050ti, Dsplayer, latest LAV, MADVR, Desktop at rgb full 8 bit

Any thoughts will be appreciated
Thanks
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5