•   
  • 31(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2019-04-10, 02:02)Warner306 Wrote: It is usually the driver that causes 10-bits to be necessary. Newer drivers are known to cause this. Check the list of supported drivers in the HDR section of this guide and try an older driver.

Oh strange, ok I'll do that. Thanks!
That fixed it, I downgraded back to the last know "good" driver mentioned in this thread: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176013
Did it help at all with the banding? I know the P Series Quantum is known to cause some banding on gradients. Have you tried testing with the RTINGS.com 16-bit colored gradient image located in the bit depths section?
I'm having some issues getting HDR to work with my new Denon AVR. I used to just go straight from my video card to my TV (Vizio M55-F0) and it worked fine. Now whenever I activate the Full UHD color option on my TV, black levels look awful -- they have a bunch of greenish squares flickering through them at all times. I'm not sure if it's one of my HDMI cables, or the receiver, or the MadVR settings. I know one of the HDMI cables is certified, the other is one I just received with a Dell monitor, so it may not be 18 gbps? Are there some specific configurations for HDR passthrough with a receiver?
Try changing the color space in the GPU control panel to YCbCr. You could also experiment with the bit depth.

It could be an HDMI cable if the signal is flickering, but it seems more likely you are missing a setting in the menus for the AVR. Ensure it is set to straight passthrough and not applying any additional processing.
Thanks, I found out that there was a glitch in my windows settings from earlier. For some strange reason HDR was turned on, but on the wrong monitor (my main display which doesn't support HDR). After turning this off, and updating my settings in MadVR with the Denon AVR, all seems well again.
  •   
  • 31(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players3.754