• 33(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
Reading between the lines what you wrote , I don't put my hands on the fire , but I think if you have an oled panel to view your HDR content your preference it's pretty clear , am I wrong to think so ?
I don't own an OLED, but don't think it is practical to set an OLED to its highest SDR brightness of 400 nits, give up 300 nits from HDR mode, and end up with worse PQ EOTF tracking that can lead to a washed out image or less image depth. If you watched at a lower brightness, the result would likely improve, but you give up the peak brightness that makes HDR highlights impactful.
I installed Kodi/Dsplayer and madVR today.  I have a LG 65C9 OLED.  My GPU is a GTX 1050 Ti.  I am using Avatar 4k HDR as my test source.  If I play Avatar on a USB thumb drive on the LG it looks stunning. On DSplayer it looks ok but does not stand out.  The colors are bland.  I did the ctrl-S while playing the move, changed the gamma controls which did nothing.  I changed the HDR from let madVR decide to passthrough and it improved things slightly.  Are there profiles I could download for this TV or what do I have to tune to get better colors and sharpness?

https://imgur.com/a/RLmlLIL
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I answered you at AVS Forum.
I've got a few issues with DSPlayer and madvr, it's running great for normal 1080p movies, and 1080p x265 with HDR seem to be fine too, but I have a few 2K HEVC HDR files and they don't play back well at all, it's really choppy playback and the colours are almost entirely purple or green, I've no idea what settings could be causing this.

I'm also a bit confused about what settings I should set my GPU to be most optimal, I have RGB Full set, however if set to 60hz I can only get 8bpc and at 30hz I get 12bpc, no 10bpc is available. (LG B6 TV, Intel HTPC with a GTX 1060) I would like to use this for gaming, so 60hz would be preferable, however it is mostly used for movie/tv playback.

Any advice for the best settings for my use case, or something I might be missing would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have my 4k hdr video chain yet but I'm kind of documenting about it, but at 60 hz what do you set? TV or GPU? ok if the RGB setting on the gpu! your lg b6 I think it is still 8 bits or 10 "fake" bits (8 + 2) so the preferable setting to put in madvr is 8 bit and also in the gpu, this is what I understood by reading the forum vadi, this and in an other. I hope to be proved helpful.
I'm not sure what would be wrong with your 2K HDR files. You would have to post an image of the madVR OSD along with the details of your GPU, the driver version you are using and what version of Windows you are running.

If you need a 60 Hz desktop, then I would set everything, including the GPU, to 8-bits. Dithering is used by madVR, so that won't degrade the image for video playback.

There is more information on configuring the GPU here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2739438
Hi

I have gtx1060 6gb with I5 7500 and ssd drive

I want to use a settings in madvr only to improve the 4k movies quality

So whats to focus on, and what setting

Display is sony x930e windows 10
You could try tone map HDR using pixel shaders with output video in HDR format checked. You'd have to find some scenes that are very bright with some specular highlights to notice any difference. It might be worse; it might be better. Otherwise, I would simply select passthrough HDR to the display.

For the other settings, there isn't much to enhance. Choose something under chroma upscaling such as NGU Anti-Alias, NGU Sharp or NGU Standard and set dithering to Error Diffusion 1 or 2.

If you want to make the image sharper, try checking some of the sharpening shaders under image enhancements (crispen edges, sharpen edges, enhance detail, etc.).
I have two rules and two named profiles so in madVR : if (HDR) "BT.2020"
else "BT.709" 

for an LG C7 OLED panel , in the calibration card of madVR , which is the most correct selection among DCI-P3 and BT.2020 ? It is currently selected on BT.2020 , but, I have no idea if it is the most correct selection to respect the UHD standard ST.2100.
BT.2020 is the correct setting for UHD content. DCI-P3 might work with some displays, but it might not work with others.
It also applies if you have a 3DLUTs for BT.709 , BT.2020 , DCI-P3 , EBU, PAL and SMPTE C ?
No, if you have 3D LUTs, then you don't need to manually select the color gamut.

If you have a 3D LUT for a wide color gamut, it is recommended to profile it in DCI-P3 rather than the larger BT.2020. If you are using a DCI-P3 3D LUT, you might need to check report BT.2020 to display (Nvidia only) if the display selects the wrong color profile to match the 3D LUT.
OK. In madVR I can insert a 3DLUT composed by BT.709 , BT.2020 , DCI-P3 , EBU, PAL and SMPTE C . So five rows.
question , I should create the five profiles and their respective rules ?
I would start by creating a single DCI-P3 3D LUT to handle both HDR and SDR sources. A single 3D LUT should be able to map BT.709 SDR sources within the DCI-P3 color space and could also handle BT.2020 HDR sources.

Or, you could create a BT.709 and DCI-P3 3D LUT for SDR and HDR sources.

I don't think you need any profile rules. madVR is supposed to select the closest color gamut that matches the source.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5