Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2019-09-12, 01:15)Cinephile Wrote: @Warner306

What are your thoughts on the Kodi 19 fork with native HDR implementation for NVIDIA users? I have just come back to v18.4 as I noticed very subtle video stutter in v19.

Also, I observed that with madVR when I first start playback it drops 20-30 frames during the refresh rate change and then settles nicely for the remainder of the movie. I don’t actually see any glitches because it seemingly happens during the black screen before the movie starts playing. Have you come across something similar?

@Evil GaMer

Your rendering stats should be comfortably below the frame time (40ms in your case). Yours exceed it by a fair bit which is likely causing your issues. Hardware limitation would be my guess.

I haven't tried the new HDR build. Given it is a work-in-progress by a rookie developer, it might have some bugs. Any bugs present in the alpha builds of Kodi v19 would have to be fixed by Team Kodi.

Dropped frames before playback occur because the video starts playing before the refresh rate change is completed. This is normal. Dropped frames after this point that later settle down are also normal, but I don't know what the cause might be.

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Warner306 - 2019-09-12, 13:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5