•   
  • 39(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2019-09-18, 21:34)Warner306 Wrote: It sounds like coil whine, but that wouldn't come from the speakers. Are you sure it isn't the power supply fan? That is often louder than the GPU fan. When the GPU starts to throttle down, does the sound remain? Coil whine should subside as fast as the GPU load is removed.
I am certain it is coming from the GPU.  Yes as soon as I stop a video the sound instantly stops.  The sound I hear in the speakers mimics exactly the sound I hear coming directly from the graphics card.

Thanks
Can someone provide some links to some AMD Adrenalin 2019 driver settings guide, only for use with madVR video renderer, not game.
GPU, SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX 5700 XT

Obviously , the reference to my question is about the driver Adrenalin 2019 control panel .
Hi everyone,

this is my first post here Smile

I do make use of madVR/Kodi to get a great picture on my LG 55EG9109 OLED tv which has no HDR capabilities. So, I would to use HDR -> SDR tone mapping.
Unfortunately, as soon as I configure tone mapping (see screenshot) I do get a black screen. As GPU I'm using a GTX 1070, driver version 436.48. I appreciate any help in order to get the tone mapping running.

Thanks
It could be a bug in that test build. Try switching your device type from AVR to Digital Monitor and try again.
(2019-10-15, 14:45)Warner306 Wrote: It could be a bug in that test build. Try switching your device type from AVR to Digital Monitor and try again.

Thank you for this hint but it did not help. Any other ideas?
Maybe you didn't install the test build correctly? Try resetting madVR to its defaults from the installation folder or starting over again by reinstalling madVR and then adding the test build.
(2019-10-15, 21:53)elhifinio Wrote:
(2019-10-15, 14:45)Warner306 Wrote: It could be a bug in that test build. Try switching your device type from AVR to Digital Monitor and try again.

Thank you for this hint but it did not help. Any other ideas? 
Problem solved -> just reinstalled madVR without new betas for HDR measurement and it works Smile
  •   
  • 39(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players45