Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2019-12-05, 11:59)Warner306 Wrote: The GTX 980 Ti doesn't have an onboard HEVC decoder. If you look at the rendering stats, the decoder queue is empty. The video is simply not being decoded fast enough to present the frames on time.

If your display doesn't support HDR passthrough, you should choose pixel shaders with HDR output unchecked.

You should also look at the display modes section in this guide because I noticed you aren't set up to match refresh rates. This will add some judder to the motion of the video. Always best to match the display refresh rate to the source frame rate if possible.
Wow thanks for the fast reply and good advice.  I am actually try to get this upstairs setup ready for the LG B9 Series OLED I got on Cyber Monday that will be arriving soon.  I am guessing if I want the best picture and HDR support I am going to have to upgrade to a 1000 or 2000 series card with HEVC?  I have been planning to upgrade for a while anyway, will that fix my problems?  With regards to the juddering I changed in the Videos section "adjust display refresh rate" to always and it looks like they are syncing now https://imgur.com/a/wQjb4zX .  I am guessing I don't want to enable "Sync playback to display" as well (sorry I am using the OSD settings in Kodi its a little different)?

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Mibuix0r - 2019-12-05, 14:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5