• 46(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2020-04-24, 17:08)brazen1 Wrote: The way I understand it, Reduce Random Noise & Reduce Compression Artifacts are not the same thing as Denoising & Deblocking.  RRN & RCA are different additions added more recently on top of Denoising & Deblocking.  They are also much more Vram intensive.  I already have mapped keys to my remote for the latter and use them often.  Denoising has been my go to algorithm for years but it does not come for free like RCA does when using high Luma & Chroma settings.  I've started using supersampling and other more aggressive settings now that I am using a larger panel that isn't very good at forgiving artifacts and desire the RCA algorithm since it won't affect my low resources now that I've bumped up other settings.  I'd just like to have it handy mapped to my remote like the other madVr algorithms I use and don't see the shortcuts offered in madVr configuration.

I too thought they were one in the same so I asked at https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1908614 and was told "they are not the same".  They also offered no help for the hotkey and why I asked here since I saw your reco to map this key in your guide.  Thanks for the reply.

I thought I should add:
When I use denoising, my render times immediately go through the roof and frames drop due to my new more aggressive settings.  When I use RCA, my render times remain just as if it wasn't running although indeed it is.  I'm certain denoising and RCA are two different things as is deblocking and RRN.
"deblocking" and "denoising" are in fact RCA and RRN. They just have different names. I am certain of this. RCA can be used for free, but RRN cannot and will use a lot of resources.
(2020-04-25, 05:57)xbmcwood Wrote: i been using madvr for kodi . for years now. i have never ran into a 2160p that madvr could not handle. until now Gemini man is 2160p 60FPS.  looks amazing but  get stutters. how do i set up madvr to play the movie at 60FPS??

Make a profile in the madVR control panel for 4K UHD 60 fps content and lower your settings for chroma upscaling, dithering and disable any additional shaders such as tone mapping highlight recovery strength and anything checked under artifact removal. Your rendering times must be under 16 ms.
(2020-04-25, 10:28)Warner306 Wrote:
(2020-04-25, 05:57)xbmcwood Wrote: i been using madvr for kodi . for years now. i have never ran into a 2160p that madvr could not handle. until now Gemini man is 2160p 60FPS.  looks amazing but  get stutters. how do i set up madvr to play the movie at 60FPS??

Make a profile in the madVR control panel for 4K UHD 60 fps content and lower your settings for chroma upscaling, dithering and disable any additional shaders such as tone mapping highlight recovery strength and anything checked under artifact removal. Your rendering times must be under 16 ms.  
on the scaling algorithms tab. create a new group is greyed out. i can not click
is there another way to make a profile?
Did you try creating a profile outside of video playback by double-clicking madHcCtrl in the installation folder? The ability to create a profile group shouldn't be greyed out.
I might need some help here. I'm experiencing stutter when playing a 4K movie on my Samsung TV using MPC-be and madVR.

I have use the guide and setup following.

Nvidia RTX2070 Super:
> Output 60hz
> RGB > 8bit > Full

MadVR:
> Levels > 0-255 PC
> Bit depth > 10 or above
> DisplayMode > 2160p23, 2160p24, 2160p29, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59, 2160p60, (MadVr switches mode as intended. shown by the tv showing 24p)

If I do not enter any settings in DisplayMode the video plays smooth, but the playback I 60p on the TV.

HDR:
> Using pixel shader

Why does the playback stutter at 24p its driving me nuts, any suggestion to why I'm having this issue?
Set present frames in advance to 1. This is an issue with the RTX video drivers and madVR. Enabling VSync and using windowed overlay mode + 8 bit RGB output has also helped some others. But present frames in advance set to 1 most commonly fixes that issue.
(2020-04-26, 10:42)Warner306 Wrote: Did you try creating a profile outside of video playback by double-clicking madHcCtrl in the installation folder? The ability to create a profile group shouldn't be greyed out.

i just try double clicking madHcctrl. "Create Profile Group" is grey out. i can not click on it.
(2020-04-26, 22:12)Warner306 Wrote: Set present frames in advance to 1. This is an issue with the RTX video drivers and madVR. Enabling VSync and using windowed overlay mode + 8 bit RGB output has also helped some others. But present frames in advance set to 1 most commonly fixes that issue.

@Warner306

I tried enabling V-sync and set Low latency to ultra in the nvidia control panel, and it seems to have don the trick.

"Set precent frames I advance to 1" should this be don within Madvr?
(2020-04-27, 06:10)TimT90 Wrote: "Set present frames I advance to 1" should this be don within Madvr? 

Yes, under rendering -> windowed mode or exclusive mode.
Setting up kodi is simple , I wanted to install kodi to smart TV. It worked fine for me after following those steps.
(2020-04-25, 10:26)Warner306 Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 17:08)brazen1 Wrote: The way I understand it, Reduce Random Noise & Reduce Compression Artifacts are not the same thing as Denoising & Deblocking.  RRN & RCA are different additions added more recently on top of Denoising & Deblocking.  They are also much more Vram intensive.  I already have mapped keys to my remote for the latter and use them often.  Denoising has been my go to algorithm for years but it does not come for free like RCA does when using high Luma & Chroma settings.  I've started using supersampling and other more aggressive settings now that I am using a larger panel that isn't very good at forgiving artifacts and desire the RCA algorithm since it won't affect my low resources now that I've bumped up other settings.  I'd just like to have it handy mapped to my remote like the other madVr algorithms I use and don't see the shortcuts offered in madVr configuration.

I too thought they were one in the same so I asked at https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1908614 and was told "they are not the same".  They also offered no help for the hotkey and why I asked here since I saw your reco to map this key in your guide.  Thanks for the reply.

I thought I should add:
When I use denoising, my render times immediately go through the roof and frames drop due to my new more aggressive settings.  When I use RCA, my render times remain just as if it wasn't running although indeed it is.  I'm certain denoising and RCA are two different things as is deblocking and RRN.
"deblocking" and "denoising" are in fact RCA and RRN. They just have different names. I am certain of this. RCA can be used for free, but RRN cannot and will use a lot of resources. 
Thank you.  Got it straightened out now.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Hi everyone,

First thx for the guide. It's great. But i have an issue Sad

I use MPC-HC with madVR and I have some very boring sluttering when playing 4k HDR 10 movies. It does happen a lot (I especially can see it on travelling sequence)

When looking at the mdvr OSD I see that the render queue and the present queue are small if not empty. I tried different setting in madvr but was not able to fix the issue basically I tried to modify 
- the "frames in advance" in windowed mode and exclusive mode from 8 to 4 and then 1 : better but not ok
- trade quality for performance : all boxes checked (except the last 2)

The "present queue" is also empty during 1080 playback but no sluttering issue there. Everything is perfect so I'm not sure there is a link.

I'm not an expert at all and do not know how to modify the settings (windows, nvidia, mpc, madvr, etc.).

At the bottom of the post you will find screenshots of :
- madVR pin info
- madvr OSD 
- the config in madVR 
- nvidia config panel 
- an extract of a DxDiag file : interesting thing here is there are errors with madvr and mpc identified (that is chineese for me but someone may understand the issue...)

Hardware : see details in DxDiag
CPU : i5-6600k
RAM : 16 Go Corsair 2933
GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X
Display : Sony KD55A1 directly connected to the PC

Software :
Using Windows 10 version 18363
NVidia Driver : v26.21.14.4587
LAVFilters-0.74.1
K-Lite_Codec_Pack_1549
madvr : 0.92.17

Do you need other information ?
Can anyone help me to fix this plz ?

Thx

madVR pin info : https://paste.kodi.tv/alamaqeyof

madvr OSD : queue parameter to 8

madvr OSD : queue parameter to 1

the config in madVR : 

nvidia config panel :

DxDiag file : https://paste.kodi.tv/bulequgaza

Errors identified in the DxDiag : https://paste.kodi.tv/zuvoloxoba
Your empty queues and high rendering times imply your rendering settings are too aggressive. 

I would guess that you need to uncheck something under artifact removal. Try unchecking all of the checkboxes under artifact removal and then adding them back one at a time.

I noticed one other error. You did not select Use Nvidia color settings in the GPU control panel to match the color format and bit depth to match madVR. It is currently set to Use default color settings.

There is a remote chance something under zoom control might be causing your issue. But it is likely artifact removal that is too blame. Some of those settings are very taxing for a GTX 1070.
(2020-05-26, 10:33)Warner306 Wrote: Your empty queues and high rendering times imply your rendering settings are too aggressive. 

I would guess that you need to uncheck something under artifact removal. Try unchecking all of the checkboxes under artifact removal and then adding them back one at a time.

I noticed one other error. You did not select Use Nvidia color settings in the GPU control panel to match the color format and bit depth to match madVR. It is currently set to Use default color settings.

There is a remote chance something under zoom control might be causing your issue. But it is likely artifact removal that is too blame. Some of those settings are very taxing for a GTX 1070.

Thx a lot !
I did both modifications. Removing artifacts fixed the bug. The queues are now filled. I switched the "video frame presented in advance" to 8 instead of 1. Is it usefull or do you recommend keeping that parameter to 1 ?
I'd put it at 8 to reduce the chance of having dropped frames while you are adjusting settings, but 1 can work if you prefer the improved responsiveness.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5