Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
I would treat your 1440p monitor similar to a 1080p monitor when choosing settings and simply select medium rather than high or very high quality for each algorithm when the content becomes too demanding.

For example,

>1440p resolution: Downscale with SSIM 1D or SSIM 2D. Chroma Upscale with NGU Anti-Alias low or medium (with scale chroma separately checked under trade quality for performance).

<1440p resolution: Upscale with NGU Sharp high to very high and downscale with SSIM 1D. Chroma Upscale with NGU Anti-Alias low to medium.

For 60 fps content, I first turn down chroma upscaling to the lowest setting for my preferred algorithm (e.g., NGU Anti-Alias). Or I choose a lower-quality chroma algorithm such as Bicubic or Lanczos. Only then do I start to lower the quality for image upscaling or image downscaling to get rendering times within the 16ms frame interval required for 60 fps content.

I also disable all unnecessary image processing for 60 fps content including artifact removal and any forms of sharpening or edge enhancement.

Messages In This Thread
no image doubling tap - by oxynaz - 2016-12-13, 13:44
RE: HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players - by Warner306 - 2020-06-29, 10:18
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5