• 49(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
Test the driver and see if HDR passthrough is working.
(2020-07-06, 05:05)lennie paz Wrote:
(2020-07-05, 22:27)Warner306 Wrote: The new Nvidia drivers are not compatible with HDR playback and madVR. That might be all that is happening. I'd roll back to an older driver for now.
How do we know if we're on those non compatible drivers or not? Will they just not do HDR at all?
http://bugs.madshi.net/view.php?id=647

Windows 2004 is fine, latest Nvidia drivers are not. madshi is working on a fix, meanwhile download and install Nvidia's 446.14 driver.
I guess I'm okay, because I don't use passthrough for HDR, I'm using the tone mapping instead.
My "list all display modes" box is empty, unlike the pic in the tutorial. I've created 8 profiles as suggested in the tutorial, so should I still fill in the display modes box? ImageImage
No, those profile refer to scaling algorithms or any other image processing setting in the control panel. You need to create folders under each category that match the profile rules in order for them to be selected. The name should be exact.

But, yes, you should enter display modes if your display supports display mode switching to have matched refresh rates. Otherwise, you might benefit from enabling smooth motion to remove 24p judder. Some displays will remove judder from 60 Hz sources, but frame rate matching is a better idea and will produce a smoother, artifact-free result.
(2020-07-21, 00:27)Warner306 Wrote: No, those profile refer to scaling algorithms or any other image processing setting in the control panel. You need to create folders under each category that match the profile rules in order for them to be selected. The name should be exact.

But, yes, you should enter display modes if your display supports display mode switching to have matched refresh rates. Otherwise, you might benefit from enabling smooth motion to remove 24p judder. Some displays will remove judder from 60 Hz sources, but frame rate matching is a better idea and will produce a smoother, artifact-free result.
I already have all the folders created for all the profiles. So in the display modes box, would I list all the 2160p and 1080p modes? I'm using an Epson 5050 with MadVR.
i have an epson 6050ub....

for best results, i'm assuming i'd want to use madvr to upscale all sub 4k content (1080p, 720p, etc.) to 4k? which can be accomplished by using one profile rule rather than using a separate rule for each resolution, right? under "hdr", would i use the same "tone map hdr using pixel shaders" settings for sub 4k / non hdr content as i would for 4k / hdr content or should i set it to "let madvr decide"?

and what about 4k hdr content? i'm guessing i don't want to upscale or downscale this content so what settings would i use in "scaling algorithms" for 4k hdr content?

thanks very much!
You might be able to get away with using the same upscaling profile for all sub-4K UHD content. However, you might want to use more aggressive settings for 480p to 540p content compared to higher-quality 1080p content. So profiles might still be necessary.

For 4K UHD content, I would set tone mapping to pixel shaders and output all content to SDR gamma. Upscaling only involves chroma upscaling and your choice of any artifact removal or edge enhancement.
Is there a way to set up different profiles for HDR? I want one for HDR 24fps, and another for HDR 60fps. I need to use lower settings for 60fps.
if (HDR) and (deintFps > 24) "4K60"
else if (HDR) and (deintFps <= 24) "4K24"
(2020-07-27, 09:29)Warner306 Wrote: if (HDR) and (deintFps > 24) "4K60"
else if (HDR) and (deintFps <= 24) "4K24"
Great, worked perfect! The only problem I have now, is a delay in video starting, with 4k60fps. The audio comes right on, but the video doesn't start for about 5 seconds. I tried using the option in Kodi, called "Delay after change of refresh rate". I set it to 5 seconds, but it's not doing anything. Is that feature broken in 17.6, because before I started using MadVR, it worked fine in Kodi Leia?
I don't know. It has been a while since I tried it. Did you disable display modes in madVR? Maybe madVR is interfering?
(2020-07-27, 23:50)Warner306 Wrote: I don't know. It has been a while since I tried it. Did you disable display modes in madVR? Maybe madVR is interfering?
Yes, I removed all the display modes I had in the box, if that's what you are referring to.
Hey, Is it somehow possible to import all the profiles mentioned on this topic to my own madvr?
Yes, if a settings.bin was provided. However, I don't have one to offer, so you'll have to create your own.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5