• 52(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
I followed a guide (here) for my GPU. It works fine, although the settings might be a little conservative.
Hello, i'm french and a user of madvr with my pc and a sony projector 590ES...really happy but please help me , i have something i don't understand and no one seems to know here in France.
I 've just reinstalled everything on my computer (big bug with windows) and since that, the settings in MADVR's shortcuts concerning SOURCE CONTRAST and SOURCE SATURATON and SOURCE BRIGHTNESS don't not work anymore in HDR 4K, but they do work well on 1080P sources. I am really sure that before the reinstallation they worked , i used them really often to ajust the color and brighness on HDR movies.

Who would have an idea of the cause please? Maybe it comes from something else, from the version or settings of NVIDIA?
Thanks in advance.
Below is the shortcut page in madvr

https://www.casimages.com/i/210210023849923664
(2021-02-11, 13:55)girvolt Wrote: Below is the shortcut page in madvr

Your image doesn't seem to be available (anymore).

Alternatively, use the i-button on the forum editor's menu bar to automagically upload pictures or screenshots to Imgur, and receive a URL in return.
(2021-02-11, 14:28)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-11, 13:55)girvolt Wrote: Below is the shortcut page in madvr
Your image doesn't seem to be available (anymore).
Alternatively, use the i-button on the forum editor's menu bar to automagically upload pictures or screenshots to Imgur, and receive a URL in return.

Sorry , here the picture...but i'm not sure it will help for the answer, it is just the setting page with my shortcuts.
Thanks

If you are using HDR passthrough, those settings might not work. 

If you are converting HDR to SDR with pixel shaders (by unchecking HDR output under pixel shaders), then those settings should still work.

If you are using a projector, you should get the best results by converting HDR to SDR anyways, so check to see if you have HDR tone mapping configured correctly to convert HDR to SDR.
(2021-02-12, 04:49)Warner306 Wrote: If you are using HDR passthrough, those settings might not work. 

If you are converting HDR to SDR with pixel shaders (by unchecking HDR output under pixel shaders), then those settings should still work.

If you are using a projector, you should get the best results by converting HDR to SDR anyways, so check to see if you have HDR tone mapping configured correctly to convert HDR to SDR.

Thanks for the advice, i will try that but i'm pretty sure i had these shortcuts working with my settings PASSTHROUH HDR TO DISPLAY. I will try to change HDR to SDR with pixel shaders but i will lose the HDR!!...how can it be better? it is weird , no? i really like my HDR picture. Thanks i'll let you know
You don't lose the HDR by converting to SDR. A projector can't really do HDR, anyways. They aren't nearly bright enough.

With a projector, you are simply getting a gamma curve with a dynamic range that tops out at under 200 nits. Most projectors are likely internally converting to gamma already when an HDR video is played. SDR gamma curves can easily cover 200 nits of dynamic range without color banding. Good HDR needs more than 500 nits of peak brightness to have the specular highlights appear as intended. HDR on a projector is a really a myth and a misnomer. 

If you like HDR passthrough more than tone mapping HDR to SDR, then I would simply stick with that. In the end, it is down to your preference.
(2021-02-01, 18:43)Ossibold Wrote: I followed a guide (here) for my GPU. It works fine, although the settings might be a little conservative.

Is it possible to somehow import these profiles to my madvr?
I think it is to difficult for me...
Ok I need some help here, I use a Samsung nu8000 tv and I can never figure out this nits thing. I think my tv is around 800 nits, so do I set it to that ? Or is it less nits= brighter and more darker ? Image
If you are outputting in HDR, more nits = more brightness in the specular highlights.

If you are outputting HDR as SDR, less nits = more brightness and less compression of the original HDR signal.

This is confusing, but the two formats are opposites with the nits input and output.
(2021-03-15, 16:13)Warner306 Wrote: If you are outputting in HDR, more nits = more brightness in the specular highlights.

If you are outputting HDR as SDR, less nits = more brightness and less compression of the original HDR signal.

This is confusing, but the two formats are opposites with the nits input and output.

Ok so I output to hdr so how high should I go ?
You could look up the peak brightness of your TV on an online ratings site and go from there. Otherwise, I could only guess how bright your TV is in HDR mode.
I have a 65” Samsung nu8000 tv, do you think it’s better to pass through hdr or use the tone mapping hdr ?
I would try passthrough first and only experiment with SDR output if you are unhappy with the result.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5