v16 Vnsi streaming recordings stutter Video/Audio
I run kodi on a remote instance (vnsi client). It ist connected to my vdr server (vnsiserver) by openvpn via a fast Internet (100Mbit down 40Mbit up) connection. This bandwith exists on both sides of the connection.

The problem is the following: Streaming HD live TV either 1080i@50Hz or 720p@50Hz does work smoothly even on 12Mbit/s. Streaming these media as recordings gives stuttering sound and video! Source of TV channels is either Sat or cable.

Is there any difference between these streaming types -Live TV- or -Recordings- of these TV channels which could be the reason for it?

On the local network (GigaBit) everything works as it should.

Any Idea?
(2016-02-08, 14:06)Karl23 Wrote: Is there any difference between these streaming types -Live TV- or -Recordings- of these TV channels which could be the reason for it?

This is actually completely different. Live TV uses vnsi parser/demuxer and the server provides packets to the client. That you would call streaming.

Recordings are handled by ffmpeg demuxer and reading a file is the same mechanism as reading it locally just via a socket. That may cause issues when used on a wan.

With a little effort mechanism 1) could be made available for recordings too. I use it for testing the demuxer with recordings.
That sounds interesting. Are you willing to provide me a patch for vnsiserver to test it? I'm not able to code it, but I can test it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vnsi streaming recordings stutter Video/Audio0