folder mysteriously missing ? ? ?
This morning I tired to open a folder I had mapped to my HOME directory and its missing.

I have delete enabled in Kodi, and my kid was mashing the keyboard yesterday, but I'm unsure how she would of deleted an entire directory with her movies in them ?

anyone have any ideas to what may of happened and how I can retrieve her folder?
Suggestion #1, put a lock on your system disabling delete without a password. You may also disable certain sections AND options. They can...kinda...mess your system up, but they can't delete anything! (just check in the settings and set password you'll remember).

Suggestion #2, set a specified profile for the kiddo.

Next, we need more info. If you have delete enabled, sure, you can do that. You can delete anything from Kodi and whatever it links to if you have the correct permissions set in the correct areas.

So, where were these movies? Are they on a NAS or an external or a main hard drive of a PC? Easiest way to know if she deleted them is go find them either by trying to populate again in Kodi (you probably did) or just search for them where they were. If they link to your network, they'll be there.
Just....the more details about your configuration, the better.

Lastly....they could just be HIDDEN too.
(2016-02-09, 07:00)McButton Wrote: Suggestion #1, put a lock on your system disabling delete without a password. You may also disable certain sections AND options. They can...kinda...mess your system up, but they can't delete anything! (just check in the settings and set password you'll remember).

Suggestion #2, set a specified profile for the kiddo.

Next, we need more info. If you have delete enabled, sure, you can do that. You can delete anything from Kodi and whatever it links to if you have the correct permissions set in the correct areas.

So, where were these movies? Are they on a NAS or an external or a main hard drive of a PC? Easiest way to know if she deleted them is go find them either by trying to populate again in Kodi (you probably did) or just search for them where they were. If they link to your network, they'll be there.
Just....the more details about your configuration, the better.

Lastly....they could just be HIDDEN too.

Thanks for the suggestions.. tbh the delete makes no sense. it was a folder that was in the home directory call Kids Movies, and then the files folder had it mapped. The actual folder and its contents are gone but the link to the folder on Kodi remain. This makes me think that she some how mashed the keyboard to the file manager.

Possibly a combination of keys were pressed?? I'm really sad it happen but I guess we will live, just sucks having to re-rip the images or download again.

Today I tried to do a search on YouTube and a popup said "preparing for deletion". I'm wondering if there is something else going on.
Use the locate command to see if you can find the files.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
folder mysteriously missing ? ? ?0