Playing 1080p60 (gopro)
I also can reproduce this issue every time. I have 3 installations with kodi:
1. A Fedora 25 Linux PC with Kodi 17.1
2. Latest LibreElec on RPI2
3. Ltest LibreElec on RPI3

On all instances gopro 1080p @60fps videos start and stop after 1 second, then I can wait a long time and on longer videos they never start back. If I fast-forward or rewind a few times, the video starts and plays smooth till the end (except on the RPI2 - it can't handle the 60fps).

If anybody wants sample videos (any size ranging from 100MB ro 4GB), or more info, I can debug and provide those.
https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17371
https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17373

Now the subject of two trac tickets.
Great! Thanks.
hi guys,

i've got the same problem with my nuc (DN2820FYKH).
i've tried openelec 8.0.4 and libreelec 8.0.2 ... buffering problem occurs with both os
the gopro 4 videos are stored on a synology nas connected via gigabit ethernet (wired) network to the nuc...

the bigger the files are, the longer the buffering after the first 2 seconds takes...

any update on this issue ?

thanks in advance!
@infestdead (or any Pi users) - can you test the Milhouse nightly build coming tonight?
I think that may have a fix for GoPro videos.
(2017-07-25, 18:34)popcornmix Wrote: @infestdead (or any Pi users) - can you test the Milhouse nightly build coming tonight?
I think that may have a fix for GoPro videos.

For me using #0725 on RPi2 it works like a charm now. Thank you very much for finally fixing it!
Hi.

Having issues playing GoPro video (1080 at 60fps).

Media is being played directly with a USB hard drive, no media streaming/network involved.

Each video freezes for 5-10 seconds and then playback continues normally (video plays a bit rapid to "catch" up). Very irritating.

I am on kodi 17.3 on a raspberry pi 3 with a retropie/raspbian image. Never heard or seen "LibreELEC" I cannot update kodi as explained in that thread (placing the .tar file in the update folder). There is no update folder.

I have researched the best I can, but now I just feel stuck and need help.

Thank you.

For reference: #0725, 25-Jul-2017: RPi / RPi2 -- Release post (newclock5: ffmpeg fixes (including fix for RPi1 build); newclock5: GoPro fix)
@plex7 In Raspbian/RetroPie you will have to wait until Kodi 18 stable comes out. Or at least, until the first betas comes out.
Or if the feature is backported in time for Kodi 17.4.

PS: Just saw the commit and it seems easy to backport, it will most likely be in Kodi 17.4.
(2017-07-28, 08:25)plex7 Wrote: I have researched the best I can, but now I just feel stuck and need help.

At the moment the only build that will play these files is from the Milhouse LibreELEC nightly thread.
Now we know what the fix is, it will eventually appear in other future Kodi builds
(certainly in Kodi 18 - not sure if it will get backported to Kodi 17).
Okay at least I know I'll have to wait Smile

Thank you both for the replies. Will just wait for the next update.
Hi friends,

Any update?
(2017-07-28, 14:06)popcornmix Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 08:25)plex7 Wrote: I have researched the best I can, but now I just feel stuck and need help.

At the moment the only build that will play these files is from the Milhouse LibreELEC nightly thread.
Now we know what the fix is, it will eventually appear in other future Kodi builds
(certainly in Kodi 18 - not sure if it will get backported to Kodi 17).

^^
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@plex7 Kodi 17.4 available for Raspbian Stretch should play this GoPro videos fine already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing 1080p60 (gopro)0