Req Channel numbers
Right now the channel numbers from the HDHomeRun don't line up with the ones from the PVR add-on. If there's any way for this to be fixed, even if it requires a change in Kodi directly, maybe someone can let us know? This is the last piece of the puzzle for me for an effortless setup. If you need me to break someone's legs ask around or pester someone, let me know ;)
I'm not sure what you mean. The channel numbers (digital) are correct in the OpenElec guide.
I am having the same problem. The channel numbers are not corresponding to the EPG numbers. For example, the NFL channel is channel 600 but it is showing up as 193.
(2016-02-10, 06:44)Ned Scott Wrote: Right now the channel numbers from the HDHomeRun don't line up with the ones from the PVR add-on. If there's any way for this to be fixed, even if it requires a change in Kodi directly, maybe someone can let us know? This is the last piece of the puzzle for me for an effortless setup. If you need me to break someone's legs ask around or pester someone, let me know Wink

Did you solve your problem?
Is the Live TV setting in Kodi set to use the channel numbers from the backend? By default, that setting is not enabled.
(2016-02-17, 23:27)rpcameron Wrote: Is the Live TV setting in Kodi set to use the channel numbers from the backend? By default, that setting is not enabled.

I have tried it both ways with backend channel numbers enabled and unchecked. Both times I rebooted to make sure re-read in the channels. I am at a loss, I gave it ago but I guess I will reinstall mediaportal client. Thanks for the help.
I just checked I have HDHomerun with Comcast and the channels are correct for Central PA.

Not much to go on nothing about who the provider is and no log LOL
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-02-18, 03:18)Rickt1962 Wrote: I just checked I have HDHomerun with Comcast and the channels are correct for Central PA.

I have comcast too. It works fine with the stand alone HDHomerun addin (non pvr) and all works well with Mediaportal client. I am glad you have it working. Congrats! Just for shits and giggles, what are your setting? Do you have a backend installed?
(2016-02-18, 03:18)Rickt1962 Wrote: I just checked I have HDHomerun with Comcast and the channels are correct for Central PA.

I have Comcast in Southern AZ. The very first channel is ESPN on channel 2. The name of the channel says something like "ESPN (2)" and is on channel 1 in Kodi. Pressing 2 and enter will bring one to the next channel, which is something else. There are also large sections of numbers that Comcast skips, but the PVR add-on numbers channels consecutively. Pressing 210 for NBC in HD goes to a channel way off.
(2016-02-18, 06:57)Ned Scott Wrote:

I have Comcast in Southern AZ. The very first channel is ESPN on channel 2. The name of the channel says something like "ESPN (2)" and is on channel 1 in Kodi. Pressing 2 and enter will bring one to the next channel, which is something else. There are also large sections of numbers that Comcast skips, but the PVR add-on numbers channels consecutively. Pressing 210 for NBC in HD goes to a channel way off.
That's precisely the same behavior that I'm seeing.
(2016-02-18, 06:57)Ned Scott Wrote:

Have your issues been resolved?
This issue still exists! Someone opened another thread as well. (They must not have looked before posting) This is so annoying! I tried every setting I could find and cannot get it to work. Running on Comcast in IL.
As a general rule, when I make any change to the TV settings in Kodi, I always go through this list:
  1. In Kodi's settings, disable (turn off) Live TV
  2. Next, select the option to clear the data
  3. Now, make any changes to the Live TV settings you want. (In this instance, you probably want to ensure that the option to use the channel numbers from the backend is enabled.)
  4. Once your changes have all been made—and the data has been cleared—you may then re-enable Live TV
Now, every step on the list may not be necessary depending upon what type of changes you are making. However, I find that it is always best to err on the side of caution, especially when dealing with changes to settings in Kodi that do not seem to remain sticky.
Also having this problem. Have tried all combinations of the options, also tried clearing data a few times.

Specifically, the problem happens when the cable provider skips numbers in their programming:

In my case, my service provider doesn't have a channel 81: after channel 80, their next channel is 84. So, for the HDHR PVR Client, channel number 81 is called "84" (and is in fact, channel 84, but if I want to tune it, I have to type in "81"). From then on, all numbers are offset, with the offset increasing for every unused number in the provider's list.

So... apparently the "use channel numbers from backend" option is not working properly.
Has anyone had any luck with this or is the PVR addon no longer being updated?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel numbers2