Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-16, 23:54)getochkn Wrote: They have said they don't care if they make money, as long as it's not on the Kodi name directly, which TVAddons is about the only one that really does. They plaster all over their site, their builds, everything, that there are not related to official Kodi, don't go to Kodi.tv for support, go to tvaddons.whatever it is for support. Really, TVAddon's should be the one least to have a problem with as they seem to comply with what Kodi wants.

No, I didn't say Kodi team should have a beef with the TVaddons guys. I said, or I tried to say, that TVaddons should be the ones after the youtube guys. The youtube guys are hurting TVaddons in a bigger way than these youtube guys are hurting Kodi's reputation.

The youtube guys are promoting the addon, they are not promoting Kodi itself. So they are not directly making money off kodi. They are making money off the addon. The unintended consequence is that by doing that, they are indirectly showing Kodi as the gateway for such a thing, painting Kodi as an enabler for piracy, hence, damaging their reputation. I just want to be clear, they are not making money off Kodi's hard work. Forking kodi and selling it, is a more accurate depiction as making money off kodi's team hard work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by coremailrx8 - 2016-02-17, 00:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23