Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
"KODI disclaimer is important to POP UP at first run."
This seems like a good idea, but in reality the only people that would see it are end users doing a fresh install. If the box comes pre-loaded it will already have a "first-run" negating the message. IMO it's best to have it embedded in the settings where end users first have to go to change settings regardless of whats pre bundled. Otherwise have the nag message pop up is kodi.log is improperly named. Smile

"Remove python"
That would be like Jarvis removing Tonys suit.

"Remove install from zip and unofficial repos"
Besides the fact i can personally think of over 20 workarounds to beat this (renaming and substituting an unofficial source as official for starters, an addon that installs zips, etc), the legitimate users that would be hurt the most are 3rd party skin users. I have fixed PCs for 20 years and the one thing that makes me shake my head is the lengths people will go to add customization and themes; dlls be damned. People will then use whatever the skin people come up with as workarounds.

I like this thread simply for certain nouns i've seen. The long term users are saying things like we\ours\my Kodi. Entitlement be damned, that's kind of beautiful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by halikus - 2016-02-17, 23:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23