Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
(2016-02-24, 11:18)da-anda Wrote: as long as the videos don't endorse piracy or give how to's for that and are in no other way misleading we're usually fine with people creating youtube tutorials etc. We're also not against third party add-ons in general, as there are plenty of non-piracy ones out there which are fine.

Therein lies the problem, its almost impossible to separate the piracy from the non-piracy add-ons because I suspect many add-ons have elements for both. For example, national broadcasters in Europe make their live content freely available through their websites. Many add-ons include these channels but may embed others which are dubious. Too difficult to sort out. In any case, I'm one of the small-time YouTubers that made instructional videos. While others in this forum dispute the trademark, I don't, its yours and your entitled to enforce as you see fit. I deleted several hundreds of kopi videos (basically all my videos) as a result, and plan to use a fork once it becomes available. Thank you for giving us sufficient warning for us to take action before shutting down YouTube channels.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by kduser35 - 2016-02-25, 01:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23