Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement
Let me repeat Kodis official stance in the face of this once more: We don't want Amazons Fire TV management to see us as enabling piracy - because we think that being looked at that way is a big problem facing the future -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lgLYGBbDNs

- and also, actually we cant support all those people who "paid for FREE" and now want product support from "that random geeky guy on the internet" without paying again. And without ever having to learn for themselves how an information economy works. We also think this is mainly because of piracy.

First you pay far too much money for a box. You know, like piracy.

Then you watch a youtube video for an ad impression. (That youtuber, so cwol - omg, and its so easay...)

Then when something breaks, or doesnt work as advertised, you go on XDA or this forum (hey - google, like) and produce a bunch of ad impressions. But at the same time drive out the "old guard" because - holy hockeysticks, arent you demanding without even the capacity to give back anything at all ("It broke, It broooke...") - hipsters,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/android-...-1.3455524

- gladly paying money once for shortcuts in life and the flair of something being free and a bit borderline legal - grown up on a facebook culture of hearsay advice and life help in tweet, no, app form - or was it a channel you subscribed to (How to make best selfie and post it on platform; Best make up tips for the month of march.)?

For open source projects this is a culture shock.

You were scammed, and so were we. Lets acknowledge and part ways. Wink You keep watching "Big Bang Theory" - maybe even paying for it, we keep doing slightly different stuff.

And those youtubers better find a way to say Kodi without Kodi. Fast. Yeah, just fork it, and then still have no support for "that" in the end. Thats the way to go. Let's see how popular your " Coti-Fork: How to fix problem 1823 - your ISP is engaging in false advertising without your knowledge", "Coti-Fork: How to fix problem 18234 - how to recognize a dead video host and learn to live with having payed for it", "Coti-Fork: How to fix problem 18235: So your Box seller isnt returning your calls.. It could be you. Or them. What is it?", "Coti-Fork: How to fix problem 18236: You dont know what a filesystem is or how to copy anything - unix basics for the Smartphone Generation", "Coti-Fork: How to fix problem 18237: So you want to stream your smartphone to your TV - three easy ways of... oh forget it, I quit..." videos are. Your premise is - you do it once - then profit from the long tail.

Ha - there, I made myself laugh - again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement - by harlekin - 2016-02-27, 08:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call to Arms: Combatting Trademark Infringement23