Manual viewing order?
I recently found out that the aired order for Star Wars: The Clone Wars is very different from the chronological order, and there is a website detailing the best order to watch the episodes .

Is there a way to change the viewing order within Kodi? Or is there a way to manipulate the names of the files so they view in the order shown on the website I linked?

Thanks.Blush
Scrape using dvd order.
If dvd order is the same, you're going to have to make the nfos yourself.
Unfortunately the DVD order appears to be the same.

What part of the nfo would i have to modify to change the viewing order?
the <episode>1</episode> in the nfo. And the file names also have to match.
Better yet, edit the dvd order on the tvdb, that way you can scrape using dvd order and help out whoever runs across this in the future.
Great idea! I think that would be the easiest solution.

Thanks for your reply.
Old thread, rising from the dead...

I just finished setting up Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series in chronological order using info from the Kodi Forum and here :https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28261

It took 2-3 hours to rename the files, copy them all to one folder, and now the TVDB scraper, set to "Absolute Order", scraped them perfectly into one huge season (134 eps). FileBot might have done this for me more easily, but manual renaming was not too painful.

Here the poster I made for it:

I still have a few more eps to move over and scrape, but Ahsoka is worth it...
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
(2020-12-27, 21:41)whysoserious Wrote: Old thread, rising from the dead...

I just finished setting up Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series in chronological order using info from the Kodi Forum and here :https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?t=28261

It took 2-3 hours to rename the files, copy them all to one folder, and now the TVDB scraper, set to "Absolute Order", scraped them perfectly into one huge season (134 eps). FileBot might have done this for me more easily, but manual renaming was not too painful.

Here the poster I made for it:

I still have a few more eps to move over and scrape, but Ahsoka is worth it...

Did you manage to get the film to appear as EP03 in the list?

I renamed all the files and they all appear in the correct order apart from the film, it goes to the top of the list.

Any help very much appreciated
(2021-05-08, 08:15)Jbev01 Wrote: I renamed all the files and they all appear in the correct order apart from the film, it goes to the top of the list.
How did you add the film? "Link movie to tv show"?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
All in one folder, as the above picture, including the film. TVDB scraper set to absolute order.

As I say it’s all good bar the film appearing as the first episode in the list even though it’s named S01E03
(2021-05-08, 09:39)Jbev01 Wrote: including the film. TVDB scraper set to absolute order.
The movie is a Special in the normal view. With TVDB, Specials can use airing data to sort the episode into a Season. Your problem movie has this data at TVDB. It has been entered so that it sorts before S01E01.

No easy way to fix this in Kodi. You need to export to separate files, edit the nfo file and then Refresh that episode back into the library. Or you can edit the database if you understand SQL.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual viewing order?0