• 5(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
thank you for your great work ... again ... Smile Smile
also is there a way to update the meta data of movie without fully rescraping it?
(2016-03-03, 01:30)solamnic Wrote: also is there a way to update the meta data of movie without fully rescraping it?

As always:

thank you Smile (i thought it was on the Update Single Data Field)
Exception while scraping movies (Missing -> All Items) in EMM caaa84ea93e3517f37b204cd002d0d720fce51e5

http://pastebin.com/fN1RPubh
(2016-03-03, 17:23)Monk Wrote: Exception while scraping movies (Missing -> All Items) in EMM caaa84ea93e3517f37b204cd002d0d720fce51e5

http://pastebin.com/fN1RPubh

You have old and longer valid dll's in your Ember main folder. Please use the installer or remove all files and folders (exept the settings and temp folder) and compile it again.
Thanks, that did it.
This means the VS Build Folder needs a cleanup (The cleanup within VS project did not remove the dlls) and installing these new builds over previous alphas doesn't work as well
(2016-03-03, 20:40)Monk Wrote: Thanks, that did it.
This means the VS Build Folder needs a cleanup (The cleanup within VS project did not remove the dlls) and installing these new builds over previous alphas doesn't work as well

Yes, VS does not cleanup the folder from no longer needed files, even if you use "Cleanup Project Map" or "Rebuild Project Map". But the install wizard do a cleanup while installing. All files (not folders) inside .\Ember Media Manager will be removed, also the folder Modules and Defaults: Link
Was hoping that someone could explain how actors works. If saving to .actors folder is used, why does the nfo point to the online image instead of the locally saved images. I thought that having local artwork meant that Kodi didn't have to download it. Great work on this...looking really good!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2016-03-03, 21:14)bobrap Wrote: Was hoping that someone could explain how actors works. If saving to .actors folder is used, why does the nfo point to the online image instead of the locally saved images. I thought that having local artwork meant that Kodi didn't have to download it. Great work on this...looking really good!

You are correct in your assumption. If you have .actors folder kodi will pull from there first before attempting to go online. I believe there is an option to turn off saving url link in the nfos.
(2016-03-03, 21:20)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 21:14)bobrap Wrote: Was hoping that someone could explain how actors works. If saving to .actors folder is used, why does the nfo point to the online image instead of the locally saved images. I thought that having local artwork meant that Kodi didn't have to download it. Great work on this...looking really good!

You are correct in your assumption. If you have .actors folder kodi will pull from there first before attempting to go online. I believe there is an option to turn off saving url link in the nfos.

That's correct. Kodi prefers the local files. If no local file was found, Kodi use the URL in NFO.
There is no settings to disable the URL's in Ember. We need this links to download the actor thumbs after scraping ;-)
(2016-03-03, 21:25)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 21:20)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

That's correct. Kodi prefers the local files. If no local file was found, Kodi use the URL in NFO.
There is no settings to disable the URL's in Ember. We need this links to download the actor thumbs after scraping ;-)

Great! Just what I was hoping to hear. Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Trying to setup the Kodi Interface.
Kodi can connect to the database from this PC I also use for Ember.

When I setup Ember in the Kodi Interface and click Check Connection, I get an error:
"There was a problem communicating with the host"
Nothing in the logs.
I have used the same settings as I have in my advancedsettings.xml
Port 3306. Also tried the default port 80. Same problem.

What am I missing?
(2016-03-04, 15:09)Cheadstina Wrote: Trying to setup the Kodi Interface.
Kodi can connect to the database from this PC I also use for Ember.

When I setup Ember in the Kodi Interface and click Check Connection, I get an error:
"There was a problem communicating with the host"
Nothing in the logs.
I have used the same settings as I have in my advancedsettings.xml
Port 3306. Also tried the default port 80. Same problem.

What am I missing?

You do not have to connect to the MySQL database, you have to connect to a running Kodi instance that have a running webserver (Kodi => Settings => Network => Webserver).
The Kodi Interface works with local and MySQL databases, Kodi do that for you.
Running 1.4.7.2 and tried to update to the alpha, but upon launch, 1.4.8 alpha begins updating the database and then throws an error and exits at not being able to find a table named "moviesource."

Anything that can be done to fix this or should I just wait for the release version?

Regards,
TL
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2