• 20(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-04-10, 18:32)ss4johnny Wrote:
(2016-04-08, 12:55)DanCooper Wrote: Known bugs in Alpha 13:
- Mark new Movies/MovieSets/TV Shows/Episodes (red) does not work

I'm waiting for the first feedbacks before i compile a new version.

I'm confused by this. I just tried it and it marked new movies for me. (I was a little hesitant to try the latest too given how important that feature is). Didn't try MovieSets/TV Shows/Episodes.

Other comments:
1) When you remove a movie, it takes you back to the top of the list instead of in place. Kind of annoying.

2) I have the Kodi Interface set up (thanks to help from someone above) and I'm not sure if it is acting wonky or not. When I mark movies as watched in Ember, with the Kodi interface on, it doesn't mark all of them as checked. But then when I re-load them, they are checked. I think maybe it can't handle too many at once. Also, if I remove a movie from Ember, and then add it back, then Kodi seems to keep both. I have to then clean the library. One extra step.

3) Suppose I go to Edit Movie and select a different poster or fanart. I save the new stuff and it's fine. The next time I open up that Edit Movie poster box and click scrape, the original poster/fanart is what is the default selection. This means that if I hit okay instead of cancel, I just accidentally replaced the new art with the old art without clicking on anything. This needs a fix.

I previously mentioned that I would prefer click or double-click to be select image instead of the way it is now for those scrapers, but that's really just an enhancement.

There is an option to mark new media as "Marked" (red color). That one does not work.

1) I will take a look at this, maybe it's possible to change that.

2) Works for me, but only if "Retrieve Playcount from" is not enabled. Movies in Kodi will only be doubled up if you change the path or file name.

3) Rescrape always get a new image with our preferred settings. If you wan't that you have to enable "Keep existing" for each image type. But with this option enable you alway have to manually scrape if you want a new image.

4) For me it makes more sense to use double click for a preview, i use that mutch more that select an image.
(2016-04-11, 09:31)DanCooper Wrote: There is an option to mark new media as "Marked" (red color). That one does not work.

1) I will take a look at this, maybe it's possible to change that.

2) Works for me, but only if "Retrieve Playcount from" is not enabled. Movies in Kodi will only be doubled up if you change the path or file name.

3) Rescrape always get a new image with our preferred settings. If you wan't that you have to enable "Keep existing" for each image type. But with this option enable you alway have to manually scrape if you want a new image.

4) For me it makes more sense to use double click for a preview, i use that mutch more that select an image.

I know about that option. I love that option. What confuses me is that it seems to be working for me on the latest version. I tried both movies and tv episodes and it worked just fine.

2) I had retrieve playcount enabled.

3) I was using edit movie, not rescrape. My point is that I went in edit movie, selected a new image, image successfully changed, then went back in to edit movie to take another look at the images, and if I didn't click cancel it would have changed the image back to what it was before. That is not sensible behavior...
Under TV -> Files and Sources, if I remove a source, then it mentions removing the movies (not the TV) from the database.

Edit: I also noticed that this box also does the thing where if you go to edit then it will move it back up to the top. If you have a lot of different sources here, then it can get frustrating. It also gets frustrating that you follow the same approach as Kodi in not allowing things to work the way movies do with folders in folders. If you could edit multiple in a group, then it would be less frustrating.

Edit2: Ok, this is weird. I had downloaded Universal-USB-installer to format a USB drive with Linux Mint on it while Ember was doing it's thing. Every time I got reasonably far in the process, Ember crashed.
(2016-04-12, 03:52)ss4johnny Wrote: Under TV -> Files and Sources, if I remove a source, then it mentions removing the movies (not the TV) from the database.
Remove tv show source does only remove the selected tv show source directly in database. But sometimes there is a message after confirming the settings dialog to start a database cleanup ("You've changed a setting that makes it necessary that the database is cleaned up. Please make sure that all sources are available!").

(2016-04-12, 03:52)ss4johnny Wrote: Edit: I also noticed that this box also does the thing where if you go to edit then it will move it back up to the top. If you have a lot of different sources here, then it can get frustrating. It also gets frustrating that you follow the same approach as Kodi in not allowing things to work the way movies do with folders in folders. If you could edit multiple in a group, then it would be less frustrating.
We plan to improve the source editing and sorting.
But it's not possible to change the folder/file system for tv shows. For movies we always can use the parent folder of a file to use it as "movie folder". But for tv show can't: one use save all episodes inside the tv show root folder, another use season folder, next user use season and episode folders, another user use episode folders inside the tv show root folder and next user use tv show folders inside genre folders. As you see, there is no way to proper identify the tv show root folder. So we have to strictly use .\SOURCE\TVShowRootFolder to assign episodes to a tv show.

(2016-04-12, 03:52)ss4johnny Wrote: Edit2: Ok, this is weird. I had downloaded Universal-USB-installer to format a USB drive with Linux Mint on it while Ember was doing it's thing. Every time I got reasonably far in the process, Ember crashed.
Any information inside the log file?
(2016-04-12, 10:48)DanCooper Wrote: Remove tv show source does only remove the selected tv show source directly in database. But sometimes there is a message after confirming the settings dialog to start a database cleanup ("You've changed a setting that makes it necessary that the database is cleaned up. Please make sure that all sources are available!").

Sorry for not being clearer. I just mean that the dialog is being used for both TV and movies. It says remove movies in the TV section.

Quote:Any information inside the log file?

I think I was mistaken about the other program being responsible. I think the issue was just with leaving the Kodi interface on. I made big changes to my TV directory and I guess it just couldn't handle it.

As for the log file,, I see three, one just the date, one with language, one with help. The language and help ones don't have anything stand out. The one that's just the date is pretty big. I don't see anything jumping out at me at the very bottom, where I would expect the error to be logged. However, about 20 seconds before the file ends, I get a bunch of errors that repeat text that looks like

2016-04-11 23:29:08.1853,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext,20,ERROR,MoveNext,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Exception: {
""code"": -32602,
""data"": {
""method"": ""VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes"",
""stack"": {
""message"": ""Value between 0 (inclusive) and 2147483647 (inclusive) expected but -1 received"",
""name"": ""season"",
""type"": ""integer""
}
},
""message"": ""Invalid params.""
}
at XBMCRPC.Client.<GetData>d__84`1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at XBMCRPC.Methods.VideoLibrary.<GetEpisodes>d__12.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext()* at XBMCRPC.Client.<GetData>d__84`1.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext()"
2016-04-11 23:29:08.1853,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_34_UpdateInfo_TVEpisode.MoveNext,20,ERROR,"[APIKodi] [Kodi Host] UpdateTVEpisodeInfo: """" | NOT found on host! Abort!",
(2016-04-12, 13:13)ss4johnny Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 10:48)DanCooper Wrote: Remove tv show source does only remove the selected tv show source directly in database. But sometimes there is a message after confirming the settings dialog to start a database cleanup ("You've changed a setting that makes it necessary that the database is cleaned up. Please make sure that all sources are available!").

Sorry for not being clearer. I just mean that the dialog is being used for both TV and movies. It says remove movies in the TV section.

Quote:Any information inside the log file?

I think I was mistaken about the other program being responsible. I think the issue was just with leaving the Kodi interface on. I made big changes to my TV directory and I guess it just couldn't handle it.

As for the log file,, I see three, one just the date, one with language, one with help. The language and help ones don't have anything stand out. The one that's just the date is pretty big. I don't see anything jumping out at me at the very bottom, where I would expect the error to be logged. However, about 20 seconds before the file ends, I get a bunch of errors that repeat text that looks like

2016-04-11 23:29:08.1853,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext,20,ERROR,MoveNext,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Exception: {
""code"": -32602,
""data"": {
""method"": ""VideoLibrary.GetEpisodes"",
""stack"": {
""message"": ""Value between 0 (inclusive) and 2147483647 (inclusive) expected but -1 received"",
""name"": ""season"",
""type"": ""integer""
}
},
""message"": ""Invalid params.""
}
at XBMCRPC.Client.<GetData>d__84`1.MoveNext()
at generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext()* at XBMCRPC.Client.<GetData>d__84`1.MoveNext()
at generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi.VB$StateMachine_28_SearchTVEpisode.MoveNext()"
2016-04-11 23:29:08.1853,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi,generic.Interface.Kodi.Kodi.APIKodi+VB$StateMachine_34_UpdateInfo_TVEpisode.MoveNext,20,ERROR,"[APIKodi] [Kodi Host] UpdateTVEpisodeInfo: """" | NOT found on host! Abort!",

Fixed dialog text and reduced language and help logging to Error only.

"Season -1" sounds like "*All Seasons". Please upload the full log file.
Which version of Kodi do you use?
(2016-04-12, 13:35)DanCooper Wrote: "Season -1" sounds like "*All Seasons". Please upload the full log file.
Which version of Kodi do you use?

I have held off updating to 16 until 16.1 is official. So I guess I'm on the last update for 15. 15.2, I think.
@Dan

Hello mate..
can you check that Remove -> Delete Movie works? (it cannot delete movies that i have on my network)
(2016-04-14, 07:31)solamnic Wrote: @Dan

Hello mate..
can you check that Remove -> Delete Movie works? (it cannot delete movies that i have on my network)

Delete is partially broken. Will be fixed for Beta/Stable release.
(2016-03-06, 19:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 16:27)Esky Wrote: Hi there,

If no landscape is found when option used:

TV Shows --> Edit Show --> Landscape --> Scrape

The message "No Posters Found" is displayed instead of "No Landscapes Found"

Also,

Banner tab is missing from 'Edit Movie' dialog box *EDIT* Did fresh intall of aplha9 and it is now back Smile

You have to enable a file name for banners and scraper that can scrape movie banners.

Just a reminder that when no landscapes are found when manually scraping, the message "No Posters Found" is still displayed.
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
(2016-04-14, 10:56)Esky Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 19:33)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 16:27)Esky Wrote: Hi there,

If no landscape is found when option used:

TV Shows --> Edit Show --> Landscape --> Scrape

The message "No Posters Found" is displayed instead of "No Landscapes Found"

Also,

Banner tab is missing from 'Edit Movie' dialog box *EDIT* Did fresh intall of aplha9 and it is now back Smile

You have to enable a file name for banners and scraper that can scrape movie banners.

Just a reminder that when no landscapes are found when manually scraping, the message "No Posters Found" is still displayed.

Thanks for the reminder, it's fixed now: Commit
I encountered a bug where Ember crashes if I try to manually scrape a locked movie. Can you verify that?
The message I get is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Thanks Dan.
Language bug is not fixed....
in the above nfo <language>English / French</language>

nfo cannot be read by Ember

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <id>tt0070849</id>
  <title>Last Tango in Paris</title>
  <language>English / French</language>
  <year>1972</year>
  <releasedate>07-02-1973</releasedate>
  <country>Italy / France</country>
  <rating>7.1</rating>
  <votes>13759</votes>
  <mpaa>Rated NC-17 for some explicit sexual content.</mpaa>
  <certification>Canada:18+</certification>
  <certification>Canada:R</certification>
  <certification>Germany:16</certification>
  <certification>West Germany:18</certification>
  <certification>Italy:</certification>
  <certification>Singapore:</certification>
  <certification>Brazil:14</certification>
  <certification>Argentina:X</certification>
  <certification>Argentina:18</certification>
  <certification>UK:18</certification>
  <certification>UK:X</certification>
  <certification>Australia:R</certification>
  <certification>Chile:18</certification>
  <certification>Finland:K-18</certification>
  <certification>France:-16</certification>
  <certification>Ireland:18</certification>
  <certification>Italy:VM18</certification>
  <certification>New Zealand:</certification>
  <certification>New Zealand:R18</certification>
  <certification>Norway:18</certification>
  <certification>Portugal:</certification>
  <certification>Portugal:M/18</certification>
  <certification>South Korea:</certification>
  <certification>South Korea:18</certification>
  <certification>Sweden:15</certification>
  <certification>USA:NC-17</certification>
  <certification>USA:R</certification>
  <certification>USA:X</certification>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <genre>Romance</genre>
  <studio>Produzioni Europee Associati (PEA)</studio>
  <director>Bernardo Bertolucci</director>
  <credits>Bernardo BertolucciBernardo BertolucciFranco Arcalli</credits>
  <outline>A young Parisian woman begins a sordid affair with a middle-aged American businessman whom lays out ground rules that their clandestine relationship will be based only on sex.</outline>
  <plot>A young Parisian woman begins a sordid affair with a middled-aged American businessman whom lays out ground rules that their clandestine relationship will be based only on sex.</plot>
  <runtime>129</runtime>
  <dateadded>2015-08-21 00:22:16</dateadded>
  <datemodified>2016-04-14 21:50:41</datemodified>
  <actor>
    <name>Marlon Brando</name>
    <role>Paul</role>
    <thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/u9ftdTglXZPDzHdvlcPCLgzNwSD.jpg</thumb>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Maria Schneider</name>
    <role>Jeanne</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Maria Michi</name>
    <role>Rosa's Mother / La mère de Rosa</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Giovanna Galletti</name>
    <role>Prostitute / La prostituée</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Gitt Magrini</name>
    <role>Jeanne's Mother / La mère de Jeanne</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Catherine Allégret</name>
    <role>Catherine (as Catherine Allegret)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Luce Marquand</name>
    <role>Olympia</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Marie-Hélène Breillat</name>
    <role>Monique (as Marie-Helene Breillat)</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Catherine Breillat</name>
    <role>Mouchette</role>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Dan Diament</name>
    <role>TV Sound Engineer / L'ingénieur du son</role>
  </actor>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <bitrate>1509</bitrate>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <codec>dts</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
        <forced>true</forced>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>tur</language>
        <longlanguage>Turkish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>dan</language>
        <longlanguage>Danish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>nld</language>
        <longlanguage>Dutch</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>fin</language>
        <longlanguage>Finnish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>fra</language>
        <longlanguage>French</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>deu</language>
        <longlanguage>German</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>ind</language>
        <longlanguage>Indonesian</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>nor</language>
        <longlanguage>Norwegian</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>pol</language>
        <longlanguage>Polish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>por</language>
        <longlanguage>Portuguese</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>spa</language>
        <longlanguage>Spanish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>swe</language>
        <longlanguage>Swedish</longlanguage>
        <type>Embedded</type>
      </subtitle>
      <video>
        <aspect>1.846</aspect>
        <bitrate>12500</bitrate>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <durationinseconds>7776</durationinseconds>
        <height>1040</height>
        <language>eng</language>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <width>1920</width>
        <filesize>13621120467</filesize>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <videosource>HDTV</videosource>
</movie>
Is it possible for Ember to connect to the media sources using it's own credentials rather than those of the logged on user? I'm looking to minimize the chance of ransomware getting to my NAS and removing write access from the shares for general users seems like a good way to do this. Ember however needs write access in order to save posters, fanart and NFO files. I'm wondering if these is a way to give it this access without the logged on windows user having it too.
Hi,

How do i add more genres? and also once i select extrafanart and exrathumbs it says downloading but doesnt add it to my movie folder. The rest of artwork is ok

Great work, Thanks!!!
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2