• 23(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
That's even more strange
To my knowledge I never used an expert setting for episodes

I just delete them and hope they never come back again
Finally tried out the new version, a few things I came across:

My laptop has a resolution of: 1366x768
During Image scrape I can not see past disc art, I assume its just landscape I am missing.
Also on the main window all images are not showing they are running off the side

In settings, under Movie, then scraper data, scraper fields global. The "limit" for certifications doesnt stick each time you go back to settings. If I set to USA and never go back into the settings it seems to stay but as soon as I go back to change anything it defaults back to any.

Pertaining to the image selection during single scrape: Do you always have to right click and select set image? Unlike before where one normal left click would select. Also is there a way to organize the images when scraped that it puts all of fanart.tv images first and then TMDB images would be below. Like last version.

I have not messed with tv at all yet, these are just the things I have noticed so far.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2016-05-03, 04:47)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Finally tried out the new version, a few things I came across:

My laptop has a resolution of: 1366x768
During Image scrape I can not see past disc art, I assume its just landscape I am missing.
Also on the main window all images are not showing they are running off the side

In settings, under Movie, then scraper data, scraper fields global. The "limit" for certifications doesnt stick each time you go back to settings. If I set to USA and never go back into the settings it seems to stay but as soon as I go back to change anything it defaults back to any.

Pertaining to the image selection during single scrape: Do you always have to right click and select set image? Unlike before where one normal left click would select. Also is there a way to organize the images when scraped that it puts all of fanart.tv images first and then TMDB images would be below. Like last version.

I have not messed with tv at all yet, these are just the things I have noticed so far.

As alwyas you have to check all settings! It' still Alpha an we have to change or rename some settings.

Image select dialog:
There should be a scroll bar for the top image area if you maximize to dialog.
Images are sorted by (in this sequence): Resolution, Language, Scraper ordering.
Right mouse button was the only ways to prevent image changing if you only want to show an image in full screen. Also was the only way to add more options like"select all" for extrafanarts and extrathumbs.

Main images on left side:
There is an option in "Settings => Options => Main Window" that we hade to change from "Hide" to "Show" to unify all settings on in this groupbox.
On the TV Shows, there is an option for Marked in the filters.

Would it make sense to have Marked Shows, Marked Seasons, Marked Episodes?
possibly an ignorant question but I name my movies as such:

Title (Year) - Resolution.ext

I can't figure out why some get a 480 and some get an SD (i would prefer 480).

Also, more a feature request but if its progressive it gets a 1080p, if its not though its just 1080, shouldn't it show 1080i?
Living Room: Vizio 65" 4K HDR/DV, Apple TV | Mancave: Panasonic 46" Plasma, FireTV | Bedroom: Panasonic 32" LCD, FireTV
NAS: unRAID 6.x (64TB + cache) | AZZA Helios 910 | ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz | Antec NEO ECO 520W | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB | Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B
(2016-05-06, 04:43)thrashmagazine Wrote: possibly an ignorant question but I name my movies as such:

Also, more a feature request but if its progressive it gets a 1080p, if its not though its just 1080, shouldn't it show 1080i?

I think it's your TV/projector that scale to 1080i not an native resolution.
And Ember doesn't care what you have in the filename, it using mediainfo to find the resolution
(2016-05-06, 13:53)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 04:43)thrashmagazine Wrote: possibly an ignorant question but I name my movies as such:

I think it's your TV/projector that scale to 1080i not an native resolution.
And Ember doesn't care what you have in the filename, it using mediainfo to find the resolution

the P comes from the metadata in the file (Progressive). If its a interlaced rip (something I didn't really even knew was around), it just leaves it blank (1080). I was just wondering why not add the "i" since its interlaced. Also, the SD vs 480 was just random decisions it appears as my meta data for the file says 480 not SD. Does it need to be a certain height to get to "480" instead of "SD"? Thats the only thing I have noticed. Some films shot with a smaller height seem to hit that "SD" mark more.
Living Room: Vizio 65" 4K HDR/DV, Apple TV | Mancave: Panasonic 46" Plasma, FireTV | Bedroom: Panasonic 32" LCD, FireTV
NAS: unRAID 6.x (64TB + cache) | AZZA Helios 910 | ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz | Antec NEO ECO 520W | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB | Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B
Hi folks, when scanning for new episodes, i'm getting some unexpected results. I'm played with various settings and do not know how to correct the problem. Taking a look at the before and after images below, can someone point me in the direction to find the cause?

Before scanning:

After scanning:
(2016-05-08, 01:12)Dekles1 Wrote: Hi folks, when scanning for new episodes, i'm getting some unexpected results. I'm played with various settings and do not know how to correct the problem. Taking a look at the before and after images below, can someone point me in the direction to find the cause?

Before scanning:

After scanning:

Wrong renamer settings?
New 1.4.8.0 Alpha 15 is online (first post).
Photo 
I have the renamer disabled, so that does not appear to be the cause.

But, it appears i have discovered one fact that is leading to the issue - the shows where EMM is creating the crazy named files are shows that are not in TVDB's database. For example, in TVDB. American Dad! season 1 has 7 episodes but i have additional episodes in my folder that are for episodes 8 through 23. When EMM scans those extra episodes (the ones not in TVDB) it causes the weirdly named new files.

How can i get EMM to either ignore, or not create metadata files for episodes it does not find in TVDB?

(2016-05-08, 22:09)Dekles1 Wrote: How can i get EMM to either ignore, or not create metadata files for episodes it does not find in TVDB?

That should be fixed with Alpha 15.
Thanks Dan, just built Alpha15 - unfortunately that issue still occurs.
(2016-05-09, 01:19)Dekles1 Wrote: Thanks Dan, just built Alpha15 - unfortunately that issue still occurs.

Do you have removed the wrong NFOs and proper renamed the files, removed it from Ember and run a database update?
I removed the wrong NFOs and left only the video files. I then clicked "Rescrape Show". I did not remove the show from Ember before rescraping. I'll give that a try.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2