• 27(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-05-25, 00:44)Kep1a Wrote: Thanks for the link that means I can't screw up and get the wrong version.

I did the update and it still says version 1.4.7.2 in the program top right.

My collection and source are now missing. I'm guessing I can re-link to them but I'm not sure how to do that.

Is this right?

It's OK, We still have to display 1.4.7.2 to prevent the "Update available" message for all other users.
(2016-05-25, 03:22)FonziQ Wrote: Hi Dan,
In the beta version when i scrape a single movie is there gonna be on option to choose tag, outline or plot from IMDB or TMDB like it use to have.
At this moment i have have those sites open and copy/paste to ember the one that most suits me.

Cheers!!!

Alpha or Beta? This is the Alpha only thread.
Currently using the current Alpha. EMM will stay minimized and never open fully. I can ALT+TAB and see it, but it won't open. If I delete
Profiles/Default/Settings, it'll open again. I don't understand what is getting corrupt. I don't touch the settings after setup.

I can't import any previous settings to make it work. I just delete and re-open, set all the settings again and EMM will scan my library again..taking however long that takes.

Any ideas why this is happening?
(2016-05-25, 23:27)McButton Wrote: Currently using the current Alpha. EMM will stay minimized and never open fully. I can ALT+TAB and see it, but it won't open. If I delete
Profiles/Default/Settings, it'll open again. I don't understand what is getting corrupt. I don't touch the settings after setup.

I can't import any previous settings to make it work. I just delete and re-open, set all the settings again and EMM will scan my library again..taking however long that takes.

Any ideas why this is happening?

What values have the following settings in your Settings.xml?

Quote:<GeneralWindowLoc>
<X>-8</X>
<Y>-8</Y>
</GeneralWindowLoc>
<GeneralWindowSize>
<Width>1936</Width>
<Height>1056</Height>
</GeneralWindowSize>
<GeneralWindowState>Maximized</GeneralWindowState>
ERROR FILE:
<GeneralWindowLoc>
<X>-32000</X>
<Y>-32000</Y>
</GeneralWindowLoc>
<GeneralWindowSize>
<Width>800</Width>
<Height>600</Height>
</GeneralWindowSize>
<GeneralWindowState>Normal</GeneralWindowState>

REINSTALL & Manual Add Settings:
<GeneralWindowLoc>
<X>-8</X>
<Y>-8</Y>
</GeneralWindowLoc>
<GeneralWindowSize>
<Width>1296</Width>
<Height>696</Height>
</GeneralWindowSize>
<GeneralWindowState>Maximized</GeneralWindowState>
-------------------------------------

It was working fine. I turned off my laptop. Upon restart...it no longer worked.
-32000 is somewhere outside of your main screen, -32000px from your top left corner ;-)
Change that value to something like "10".

GeneralWindowLoc and GeneralWindowSize is only used if GeneralWindowState = Normal
What would cause the settings to change? It just worked...then didn't. I didn't touch any of it. :\

I've had this happen at least 6 times now over several Alphas.
(2016-05-26, 16:14)McButton Wrote: What would cause the settings to change? It just worked...then didn't. I didn't touch any of it. :\

I've had this happen at least 6 times now over several Alphas.

No idea.
These settings will be saved while closing Ember. GeneralWindowLoc(ation) can only be changed/recognized if you don't have Ember maximized. Maybe that values are very old. In Windows 8/10 you can bring the application back to top/maximize with WIN+UP, WIN+LEFT or WIN+RIGHT.

A GeneralWindowLoc value with minus can be happen if you use multiple monitors, e.g you move Ember to a monitor that is on the left side of your main monitor (I think x=0;y=0 is always the top left corner of the main monitor).
Odd. I blame Windows. Using 10, single laptop with no other monitors. Thanks for the info. Easy fix for next time. Much better than waiting for everything to scan in again.
Hi Dan, a question about a file naming issue. Whenever MM finds a number directly after an episode number it's misinterpreting the names. For example, the file

"Art Mann Presents.S08E16 - 1,480 Drunk Superheroes.mp4"

ends up creating an NFO named:

"Art Mann Presents.S08E16.1 - 1,480 Drunk Superheroes.nfo"

Notice the ".1" above. Where is it coming from and how to prevent it?
Are you using the new Alpha? It seems like previous versions had an issue, but I haven't had any problems with this happening with the newest version.
(2016-05-27, 02:02)Dekles1 Wrote: Hi Dan, a question about a file naming issue. Whenever MM finds a number directly after an episode number it's misinterpreting the names. For example, the file

"Art Mann Presents.S08E16 - 1,480 Drunk Superheroes.mp4"

ends up creating an NFO named:

"Art Mann Presents.S08E16.1 - 1,480 Drunk Superheroes.nfo"

Notice the ".1" above. Where is it coming from and how to prevent it?

That's not alowed. See the yellow part in Kodi Wiki: Link
Please see above pictures. I'm using latest Alpha built.
My genre images are not displaying, although the images are in ember images folder.
On the second pic you can see that some of my actor roles are not being scraped.
Is there a setting I need to change or am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2016-05-27, 17:11)JanM201 Wrote: Please see above pictures. I'm using latest Alpha built.
My genre images are not displaying, although the images are in ember images folder.
On the second pic you can see that some of my actor roles are not being scraped.
Is there a setting I need to change or am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated.

Use Tools => Genre Manager to map the Genres with images.

Role bug in IMDB scraper is fixed for next release, IMDB has changed something on the website.
Hi Dan,

Thank you very much. Love the way you guys are helping our newbies. Great programSmile
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2