• 40(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-07-13, 21:10)michaeljtaylor Wrote: Wow,

thank you so much for the detailed information and instructions... I too am sure there are many .NFO files that are in just as bad shape as the one I posted
I will follow your instructions and hopefully all goes well... not sure when I'll have time to do this but I will let you know how it goes when I do prepare nfo's and attempt migration to ember.. one other quick question. I know this is alpha but it seems pretty stable so far, but at this time I'm only testing this using limited test datasets for movies and tv shows. I have over 1000 movies + tv shows. do you think it would be best to wait until ember is out of alpha phase?

thanks again.. your help is greatly appreciated.

-Mike

I whould use the latest Alpha. Test it with a couple of movies and tv shows to find the settings your are want.
Alpha is very stable and the whole code is very save. You should not lost image files if you use the right settings.
Hi Dan,

Please see below picture:

I get the first 4 pictures & then it repeats again. As you can see they are all from the same scraper & the same size. Why is this?

My settings is "Only get images for the media language"
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2016-07-14, 13:34)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

I get the first 4 pictures & then it repeats again. As you can see they are all from the same scraper & the same size. Why is this?

Maybe a bug if image filtering. I have to check that.
Do you have the same issue with all other image types or only whit ClearArt?
Hi,

With all the other images. Also with Tv shows the same thing.

Thanks
Hi,

See below pictures:

As you can see I've got preferred sizes for posters & fanarts but it scrapes all the other sizes as well.
Maybe a bug as well.
(2016-07-14, 14:16)JanM201 Wrote: Hi,

See below pictures:

As you can see I've got preferred sizes for posters & fanarts but it scrapes all the other sizes as well.
Maybe a bug as well.

No, that isn't a bug. "Preferred size only" only effects that nothing is automatically set as result if no images was found in your preferred size. The preselection in Select image dialog will be empty and no image will be downloaded while autoscraping.

Question from other bug: Is your media language set to en-US? And what are your exact settings in this area:

EDIT: I can see all I need on your screenshot.
(2016-07-14, 13:34)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Has been fixed for Alpha 19: Commit
Thanks for the fixBig Grin

So I'm not sure what preferred size for the images does. Could you explain a bit more in detail.

Another question. Why is TMDB posters showing first & not Fanart.tv? As you can see Fanart.tv is first in my settings.
Sorry Dan,

I think I understand. Preferred size of images is only applicable to autoscraping. If it can't find my preferred poster,
it will not scrape anything. Is this correct?

By the way, I manually scrape all my movies & Tv shows.

Thanks
(2016-07-14, 15:22)JanM201 Wrote: Sorry Dan,

I think I understand. Preferred size of images is only applicable to autoscraping. If it can't find my preferred poster,
it will not scrape anything. Is this correct?

By the way, I manually scrape all my movies & Tv shows.

Thanks

Image scraping, sorting and filter process:
We try to get all images from a scraper. Scraper will be called in order of you've set in settings.

1. sort each image type by ShortLanguage code (e.g. de => en => ru)
  2. sort each image type by votes (if available)
  3. sort each image type by preferred resolution and resolution (means preferred size are on first place, then all other images in descending resolution)
  4. filter each image type and add forced language to first place, media language to second, english to third, "blank" language to fourth, rest to the end (filtering is based on your settings)

Result is:
- Preferred size in forced/media language
- All other sizes in forced/media language
- Preferred size in english (except english is forced/media language)
- All other sizes in english (except english is forced/media language)
- Preferred size in all other languages (except you have enabled "media language only")
- All other sizes in all other (except you have enabled "media language only")

That is the "SearchResultsContainer" and what you seen in Image Result dialog.

There is another step to get the preferred Image while autoscraping and that one that's pre-selected in Select Image dialog:
  • if you've enabled "Keep Existing" then skip this image type
  • if preferred size = Any => take first image from SearchResultsContainer
  • if preferred size = XY => take first image from SearchResultsContainer with size = XY
  • if no image found and not "Preferred size only" then take first image from SearchResultsContainer (should be the highest image in forced/media or english/blank language)
  • still no image and also no old image exist => no image as result for this image type
(2016-07-12, 09:39)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 01:48)RavenFire Wrote:
(2016-07-08, 17:08)RavenFire Wrote: Okay, here's the full log on pastebin. Thanks!
http://pastebin.com/LxRRAJAL

Hi,
New alpha doesn't fix this previous issue.

Note that the directory in question has the following structure:
X:\usenet\tv\cowboy bebop\Cowboy Bebop - Session 01 - Asteroid Blues (720p) (ACFADD3A).mkv

Damn, I forgot.
I thinks it's an issue with votes or rating value for this tv show. Please check both values. Votes should be integers only (no spaces or other characters), rating should be a double value, that means 5.8 and not 5,8.

Edit:
Do you have allready have an NFO for the file? If yes, please upload the tvshow.nfo and the episode NFO.

PS: Session 01 is not a correct tag to mark the file as episode 1. You have to use the official Kodi naming: Link

Hi Dan,

Yeah, Session 01 is just because that's how the show is actually named. I'm not partial to it, and will definitely rename it.
I don't have any episode nfo file.

I did get a tvshow.nfo created by another app - it's here:
http://pastebin.com/n51a5UFq

series.xml is here:
http://pastebin.com/5BeDM2yH
(2016-07-15, 16:44)RavenFire Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 09:39)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-12, 01:48)RavenFire Wrote: Hi,
New alpha doesn't fix this previous issue.

Note that the directory in question has the following structure:
X:\usenet\tv\cowboy bebop\Cowboy Bebop - Session 01 - Asteroid Blues (720p) (ACFADD3A).mkv

Damn, I forgot.
I thinks it's an issue with votes or rating value for this tv show. Please check both values. Votes should be integers only (no spaces or other characters), rating should be a double value, that means 5.8 and not 5,8.

Edit:
Do you have allready have an NFO for the file? If yes, please upload the tvshow.nfo and the episode NFO.

PS: Session 01 is not a correct tag to mark the file as episode 1. You have to use the official Kodi naming: Link

Hi Dan,

Yeah, Session 01 is just because that's how the show is actually named. I'm not partial to it, and will definitely rename it.
I don't have any episode nfo file.

I did get a tvshow.nfo created by another app - it's here:
http://pastebin.com/n51a5UFq

series.xml is here:
http://pastebin.com/5BeDM2yH
The tvshow.nfo looks good and can be readed without an error. The file series.xml will be ignored by Ember.

So I can't reproduce your error, even if I rename the episode file to a proper file name Huh
When updating my library to add new movies, why does EMM update or modify existing image files? I have "keep existing" selected in every category. The image doesn't change...but Windows shows that the image date was modified. It doesn't do ALL items, but many images for many movies.

Ideas?
(2016-07-15, 23:05)McButton Wrote: When updating my library to add new movies, why does EMM update or modify existing image files? I have "keep existing" selected in every category. The image doesn't change...but Windows shows that the image date was modified. It doesn't do ALL items, but many images for many movies.

Ideas?
Will be changed in one of our next releases. Atm we have to handle that in this way.
Good. It doesn't really impact anything negatively. ..it just seemed odd. I'm glad it's not something I did. Thanks again!
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2