• 44(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
With last few versions of Alpha whenever I want to delete episode from the scraped TV show I get this prompt and Ember shuts down. I don't remember having that before. Is there something I am doing wrong or it is just a bug? How do you delete episode from Ember database without it shutting down on you?

(2016-07-25, 17:25)calexicoca Wrote: With last few versions of Alpha whenever I want to delete episode from the scraped TV show I get this prompt and Ember shuts down. I don't remember having that before. Is there something I am doing wrong or it is just a bug? How do you delete episode from Ember database without it shutting down on you?

Bug. I try to fix it today for next release.
(2016-07-25, 16:58)DanCooper Wrote: Please check the last 10 posts...
It's a already known bug

sorry, my bad.
Living Room: Vizio 65" 4K HDR/DV, Apple TV | Mancave: Panasonic 46" Plasma, FireTV | Bedroom: Panasonic 32" LCD, FireTV
NAS: unRAID 6.x (64TB + cache) | AZZA Helios 910 | ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz | Antec NEO ECO 520W | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB | Supermicro CSE-M35T-1B
(2016-07-25, 17:25)calexicoca Wrote: With last few versions of Alpha whenever I want to delete episode from the scraped TV show I get this prompt and Ember shuts down. I don't remember having that before. Is there something I am doing wrong or it is just a bug? How do you delete episode from Ember database without it shutting down on you?

Do you still can reproduce this bug (I can't)?
If it's possible, please ZIP and upload your profiles and log folder and send me a link to [email protected]
Also tell me an episode that's producing this error if you try to remove it.
(2016-07-25, 19:07)DanCooper Wrote:

If it's possible, please ZIP and upload your profiles and log folder and send me a link to [email protected]

Unfortunately it came again (after I installed new version) I am sending you link with requested files and screen capture of the last instance of this happening.
(2016-07-27, 01:47)calexicoca Wrote:
(2016-07-25, 19:07)DanCooper Wrote:

Unfortunately it came again (after I installed new version) I am sending you link with requested files and screen capture of the last instance of this happening.

Thank you, has been fixed for Alpha 21: Commit
New release Alpha 21 is online! Links in first post.

The bug with file/folder stacking is still not fixed, but now my next step I will start!
Hi Dan,

Using Alpha 21 and trying to scrape the TV movie Confirmation (2016) with IMDB scraper, Ember doesn't list it in the search results... Even without the Year...

Thanks!

P.S. I am loving v1.4.8... great work as usual!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2016-07-29, 06:51)Pr.Sinister Wrote: Hi Dan,

Using Alpha 21 and trying to scrape the TV movie Confirmation (2016) with IMDB scraper, Ember doesn't list it in the search results... Even without the Year...

Thanks!

That's a tv movie, not a movie. You have to enable TV Movie Titles in IMDB scraper settings:

I was just wondering about "the logic" Ember employs when it scrapes TV shows. I have enabled both IMDB and TVDB but when the show does not exists in IMDB it won't be scraped even if it is in the TVDB. Is there a specific reason for that?

Also some shows which exist in both will pick up data from IMDB but not TVDB. As a matter of principle I spent half an hour to force Ember to pick up data from BOTH, for example for TV show "American Monster", but no matter what I do, Ember picks up only IMDB but nothing from TVDB, When you right click on the show name on the left pane you get the option to open page on IMDB but not TVDB (shaded) aldough TV Show is listed there.
(2016-07-29, 15:23)calexicoca Wrote: I was just wondering about "the logic" Ember employs when it scrapes TV shows. I have enabled both IMDB and TVDB but when the show does not exists in IMDB it won't be scraped even if it is in the TVDB. Is there a specific reason for that?

Also some shows which exist in both will pick up data from IMDB but not TVDB. As a matter of principle I spent half an hour to force Ember to pick up data from BOTH, for example for TV show "American Monster", but no matter what I do, Ember picks up only IMDB but nothing from TVDB, When you right click on the show name on the left pane you get the option to open page on IMDB but not TVDB (shaded) aldough TV Show is listed there.

All that will be fixed with new modules handling that comes with one of our next Alphas.

Atm the moment the problem is:
If the first scraper can't find the tv show or movie, the whole scraping process will be cancelled. The problem with the show "American Monster" is that IMDB provides (always) only the IMDB ID. The search function in next scraper will be disabled if the first scraper provides a scraper result. TVDB needs a TVDB or IMDB ID to get the data, but the IMDB ID is not set on TVDB website for "American Monster". So the TVDB scraper does not a search and can't provide a result.

With new modules handling we try to get all ID's before the scraping starts. For this we use the TMDB API and TVDB as fallback. TMDB can search other ID's be any of this three ID's. TVDB can search TVDB ID by IMDB ID or IMDB ID by TVDB ID.

As workaround you can add the ID's manually after first scrape (<id> is the TVDB ID):
Code:
  <id>121361</id>
  <imdb>tt0944947</imdb>
  <tmdb>1399</tmdb>

Then you can reload the tv show with F5 to read the manually added ID's. Now all ID's a known and you can do a rescrape.
Thanks for fast reply. You work tirelessly on this "baby"
(2016-07-29, 09:34)DanCooper Wrote:

Thanks!

That's a tv movie, not a movie. You have to enable TV Movie Titles in IMDB scraper settings:

Hi Dan,

I know that and it is enabled Smile
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2016-07-29, 17:33)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 09:34)DanCooper Wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Dan,

I know that and it is enabled Smile

Tongue
You're right, IMDB has changed something. I try to fix and optimize the scraper.
Wink 
Hi Dan,

Just 2 questions:

See pic below: I've got vlc installed, the version that you recommended, but I get this message.

Theme scraping works beautifully when you scrape new movies & Tv shows, however when I edit a TV show
which already exists on the database & want to scrape the theme, I get the following:

Thanks again for a fantastic program
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2