• 56(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(1.4.8.23a)

Weird bug! I tried to scrape the show 'Better Call Saul' and it wasn't scraping using the regular scraping buttons. But when I went to 'Change Show' it showed up in the list, I picked it, and then it did a proper scrape. Huh All worked out in the end, but I've never had this issue with any other show so who knows why it happened!
(2016-10-05, 18:12)dementual Wrote: (1.4.8.23a)

Weird bug! I tried to scrape the show 'Better Call Saul' and it wasn't scraping using the regular scraping buttons. But when I went to 'Change Show' it showed up in the list, I picked it, and then it did a proper scrape. Huh All worked out in the end, but I've never had this issue with any other show so who knows why it happened!

Bug with IMDB ID regex, just fixed today: Commit
Will befixed in Alpha 24.

Ember recognize "Better Call Saul" as IMDB ID and set it to "tt", then the scraper try to scrape with this ID.
I am sure that this is all my fault, but I thought I would report it here for what it’s worth. I tried to install the most recent version of the x64 Alpha build of Ember tonight, which went fine, but when I tried to launch the application for the first time, my antivirus—Panda Free Antivirus—quarantined the executable as a potentially suspicious program that may be a virus. Obviously it’s not, but for whatever reason, I decided to uninstall Ember and instead install the x86 Alpha version of Ember to see if Panda wouldn’t mind that one. I was confused because I had previously installed the Ember Beta located at http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index....e=Download and Panda had no problem with that. So I installed the x86 version of the Alpha build this second time, which went fine, but this time when I tried to launch Ember for the first time, I got the Windows “blue screen of death” that displayed the error “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.” So my computer had to completely restart. I googled this error, and apparently this error can be caused by antivirus, so I’m assuming that Panda was also behind this shutdown.

Again, I’m guessing this is Panda overreacting to a legitimate program. I just thought I would report my experience in case it is something you should know. I plan on installing Ember Alpha on a different machine that uses Kaspersky Antivirus, and I’m guessing I will not be able to reproduce the error.
(2016-10-06, 06:09)verona77 Wrote: I am sure that this is all my fault, but I thought I would report it here for what it’s worth. I tried to install the most recent version of the x64 Alpha build of Ember tonight, which went fine, but when I tried to launch the application for the first time, my antivirus—Panda Free Antivirus—quarantined the executable as a potentially suspicious program that may be a virus. Obviously it’s not, but for whatever reason, I decided to uninstall Ember and instead install the x86 Alpha version of Ember to see if Panda wouldn’t mind that one. I was confused because I had previously installed the Ember Beta located at http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index....e=Download and Panda had no problem with that. So I installed the x86 version of the Alpha build this second time, which went fine, but this time when I tried to launch Ember for the first time, I got the Windows “blue screen of death” that displayed the error “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.” So my computer had to completely restart. I googled this error, and apparently this error can be caused by antivirus, so I’m assuming that Panda was also behind this shutdown.

Again, I’m guessing this is Panda overreacting to a legitimate program. I just thought I would report my experience in case it is something you should know. I plan on installing Ember Alpha on a different machine that uses Kaspersky Antivirus, and I’m guessing I will not be able to reproduce the error.

Most antivirus mark software that is not used by hundred thousand of users as "potentially dangerous". I most case the antivirus software don't say "it's a virus", they only tell you that this software can be dangerous.
The source code is open source, feel free to search a virus ;-)
Hi mate i formatted my PC yesterday to start fresh and was previously using Ember 1.4.4.0 Beta

I have had a look in the WIP thread and it says,

Quote:Known bugs in 1.4.7.0 / 1.4.7.1 / 1.4.7.2:
rescrape season -> crash
rescrape episode -> crash
MovieSet expert settings "Parent Folder" does not work
Offlline Media Manager does not work (we will fix it as its next).

Are these bugs still in this most recent 1.4.8.0?

I cant find any hints or changelog between 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 Thanks Smile
(2016-10-06, 12:58)boppyman Wrote: Hi mate i formatted my PC yesterday to start fresh and was previously using Ember 1.4.4.0 Beta

I have had a look in the WIP thread and it says,

Quote:Known bugs in 1.4.7.0 / 1.4.7.1 / 1.4.7.2:
rescrape season -> crash
rescrape episode -> crash
MovieSet expert settings "Parent Folder" does not work
Offlline Media Manager does not work (we will fix it as its next).

Are these bugs still in this most recent 1.4.8.0?

I cant find any hints or changelog between 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 Thanks Smile

The first two has been fixed, "Parent Folder" is disabled, also the "Offline Media Manager".
Changelog? Check the last ~1900 commits: Link Tongue
Ah yeah i checked that as well lol, It confused me but now i see the *fixed* stuff.

I'm still using Gotham, do the defaults stay the same or do i have to use the expert settings in the file naming for Movies and TV shows?

Also when i re-add all my stuff should i just check "keep existing" on everything so it just loads up all the previously downloaded info and images?

Thanks, and thanks for the ultra quick reply beforehand Big Grin

Edit: Ive just seen something else, is the path in the moviesets for Kodi and Kodi addons the path to where the NFOs and artwork is for my sets?
(2016-10-06, 15:59)boppyman Wrote: Ah yeah i checked that as well lol, It confused me but now i see the *fixed* stuff.

I'm still using Gotham, do the defaults stay the same or do i have to use the expert settings in the file naming for Movies and TV shows?

Also when i re-add all my stuff should i just check "keep existing" on everything so it just loads up all the previously downloaded info and images?

Gotham is newer than Frodo, so you have to use the Frodo file name settings.
Keep existing means that the images will not been changed while (re)scraping.

(2016-10-06, 15:59)boppyman Wrote: Edit: Ive just seen something else, is the path in the moviesets for Kodi and Kodi addons the path to where the NFOs and artwork is for my sets?

Yes.
But I whould use the "Kodi Interface" settings for all extra image types and moviesets. If you use the Kodi Interface (Settings => Modules => Kodi Interface) you can sync to images directly to a running Kodi client without running the addons in Kodi each time you have added or changed something. But with the Kodi Interface it does not matter which file name you use, the KI always sends the path to Kodi database.

Edit: here is a list of all file names that Ember, Kodi and the addons use: Link
(2016-10-06, 16:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 15:59)boppyman Wrote: Ah yeah i checked that as well lol, It confused me but now i see the *fixed* stuff.

(2016-10-06, 15:59)boppyman Wrote: Edit: Ive just seen something else, is the path in the moviesets for Kodi and Kodi addons the path to where the NFOs and artwork is for my sets?

Yes.
But I whould use the "Kodi Interface" settings for all extra image types and moviesets. If you use the Kodi Interface (Settings => Modules => Kodi Interface) you can sync to images directly to a running Kodi client without running the addons in Kodi each time you have added or changed something. But with the Kodi Interface it does not matter which file name you use, the KI always sends the path to Kodi database.

Edit: here is a list of all file names that Ember, Kodi and the addons use: Link

ATM my stuff is labeled like this and i add the images to Kodi with Artwork Downloader set to use local files.

The only thing it doesn't load up is the Logos for TV shows and i can see why now with the diagram you posted as mine are labeled clearlogo.

Doing it the way you suggested doing it sounds way better. Does that mean i have to rename the banner, clearart, logo, disc and landscape in films with <file-name> and character to characterart in TV Shows before it for it to work?
(2016-10-07, 16:33)boppyman Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:32)DanCooper Wrote:

Yes.

ATM my stuff is labeled like this and i add the images to Kodi with Artwork Downloader set to use local files.

The only thing it doesn't load up is the Logos for TV shows and i can see why now with the diagram you posted as mine are labeled clearlogo.

Doing it the way you suggested doing it sounds way better. Does that mean i have to rename the banner, clearart, logo, disc and landscape in films with <file-name> and character to characterart in TV Shows before it for it to work?

The question is: do you want use the ArtworkDownloader (AD) addon and MovieSet Artwork Autimator (MSAA) to push the extra image to Kodis database or do you want use the Kodi Interface (KI) in Ember?
The KI can handle any file name, you only have to enable it in the file name settings and reload the movies/moviesets/tv show to let Ember search for this file name.
The Kodi addons accept only the file names that the addon use.

If you want use the KI you can let Ember create the files with this steps:
- enable all default movie file names for Kodi Frodo/Helix, Kodi Interface, AD and MSAA
- run Tools => Reload all Movies to let Ember scan your sources for all enabled file names. Now Ember also should find the files are created by the addons.
- go to settings and disable all addon file names (AD and MSAA)
- run Tools => Rewrite all Movie Content. At this point Ember loads the images from your disc and re-save it again with all file names that are enabled. Now all <filename>-imagetype.ext should also bee created
- use Explorer or something else to search and delete all no longer needed files in your movie sources. *

* Note that BDMV and VIDEO_TS folders use different file names. You can see that also in my file name overview.

Atm there is no way to to the same for moviesets or tv shows. But you only have to rename the files manually or with a tool like Bulk Rename Utility.

TV Shows:
- rename character.* to characterart.*
- rename logo.* to clearlogo.*

MovieSets:
- rename *logo.* to *clearlogo.*

Now you can disable all no longer needed file names for MovieSets and TV Shows. After that you also can use Tools => Reload all MovieSets / TV Shows to rescan your sources.
I am going to be using the Kodi interface and I created a test folder to test what you said above and all is going well i just want to run something by you before i add all my stuff to make sure i'm doing it right.

For films everything worked fine, I now have all <filename>-imagetype.ext's. So all i do now is delete all the old imagetype.ext's is that correct?

For TV shows and Movie sets would it be best to disable AD after adding them to stop it creating Logo.png (in movie sets) and character.png as i already have Clearlogo and characterart?

BTW this new version is brilliant you have done a fantastic job on it, i love how all the images show up at once when scraping and the Kodi interface is a god send if i understand it right Smile

Does the KI sync every file through to Kodi? For example i could update the trailer links in my nfo's then sync the new nfo to Kodi without needing to refresh or update Kodi?
Quick question: with last few versions anytime I search for a new TV show I always have to provide IMDB tt number for show to be scraped. I wander is it just my setting (I have both IMDB and TVDB enabled) or I am doing something wrong.
(2016-09-22, 19:46)DanCooper Wrote: [Sounds strange. I've changed some things in Scanner API, but that was only some triggers to update the lists on-the-fly instead of run an new DB call after updating.
Any new information inside the log?

Well figured out I had a nasty bitcoin miner on my machine that seems to have been the culprit. Suddenly my Alpha 21 was showing the same symptoms as 22/23, so I went through and defragged my hard drives (HOLY F, it took me 4 days to defrag all of my drives lol), run a bunch of online/offline scanners and removed the miner, formatted and all is working as should on latest alpha 23! I knew it had to be something on my end, but had no idea that it was gonna be so much "fun" to figure out!

Thanks again for taking the time to check out my settings and help me out earlier! I really appreciate your time and am looking forward to the next alpha after seeing the github updates over the last week!
I got the Kodi interface working and its brilliant, its so much easier than messing about with Kodi and ADD. Well done on that addition to EMM.

I searched the forum because i was having issues with the season-all-poster's and saw that it wasn't possible for the KI to sync them.

The issue i'm having with them is them staying on after I've set them manually for some reason. They are always reverting back to the old poster even though EMM has put the new updated file in the show folder.

Any idea why that could be?
(2016-10-11, 00:17)boppyman Wrote: I got the Kodi interface working and its brilliant, its so much easier than messing about with Kodi and ADD. Well done on that addition to EMM.

I searched the forum because i was having issues with the season-all-poster's and saw that it wasn't possible for the KI to sync them.

The issue i'm having with them is them staying on after I've set them manually for some reason. They are always reverting back to the old poster even though EMM has put the new updated file in the show folder.

Any idea why that could be?

Yes, it's still not possible to get the Kodi-DB-ID for the "All Seasons" entry. In theory, Kodi checks the cached images all 24h if they has changed and do a re-cache of the new image after that time. Please try to change the "All Seasons" image in Ember, wait 24h or maybe 48h and check if Kodi do recognize the change.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2