WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Eh, so I spent like 30 minutes wondering why Kodi didn't update the library from the files/nfo scrapped with Ember (only tested one movie). For some reason, it just wouldn't find any new movies when I selected update library, I have no idea why.

My folder structure is basically movies\title name (year)\
Inside the title name (year) folder, is generally

----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.mkv
----- MovieTitle_Year_Resolution_Bluray_x264_Scene.nfo
----- Probably .idx and .sub for subtitles on occasions.

Now in the past, I use to use these settings in the old Ember...

Poster = movie.tbn (because apparently .tbn was the way to go, but it seems its not anymore?)
Fanart = fanart.jpg
NFO = movie.nfo

For this new version of Ember, I just followed komplex screenshots, except I use movie.nfo instead of <filename.nfo>. This allows me to keep the original NFO file that comes with your download most of the time. It there any reasons not to use movie.nfo / any advantages to use <filename.nfo>?

I also don't store actor thumbs, extrathumbs, extrafanart. I believe the actor thumbs are DL'ed from the net automatically, and stored as on C: somewhere inside Kodi, so if the same actor is found in a different movie, they simply use that same image, rather than having multiple duplicates in each movie folder.

----

Also, I really have no idea why the default settings of Ember did not scrape / find anything in Kodi. The silly thing is, I tried the default settings again, after changing from the "expert" settings, and it did find the new movies / update the kodi library, so that had me stumped as to why it didn't work the first time. I believe a poster a few pages back had a similar problem, so that was indeed strange.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread - by leftywhat - 2016-12-26, 08:55
nfo file status? - by NightMyst - 2017-06-21, 07:24
Audio metadata error - by Doomnie - 2017-11-04, 08:16
EmberMM Import Poster.jpg - by MePoEmberMM - 2018-02-06, 01:27
User rating sync - by fred_gaou - 2018-04-28, 22:25
database is locked - by gorb - 2019-08-19, 11:41

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.