• 65(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-01-23, 18:59)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 18:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 18:36)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Can you please explain the logic behind the number of actors that are downloaded for the TV Shows? For the Movies I saw that is possible to set a limit...while for the TV Shows this is missing. So I was wondering how the actors are selected from TMDB, IMDB and TVDB. Anyway, I think that a limit would be useful also in this case.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

It's depended on scraper ordering and if you've enabled actor scraping in each scraper. Ember use the full list of actors from the first scraper that have enabled actor scraping and give back any actor while scraping. There is no comparing between different scrapers.

I've added limit and "only actors with image" filter for the next alpha release.

Thanks for your prompt answer Dan.

For TV Shows actors, I'm using IMDB only. For example, if you take a look to the Westworld cast available on IMDB, it looks quite impressive...but the scraper downloads only six actors (that are the first six in the cast list). That was why my question...

I think that the modification you have implemented is really useful! "only actors with image" will be available for Movies too?

We always use the "combined" page on IMDB to get all informations. But yes, only 6 actors are listed on this side. We don't parse the actors in the "more" link. The reason is that IMDB list any actors of the whole tv show, even if they have only a 10 second scene. I think it's not very useful to list so many actors as "base" actors for a tv show. I think TVDB is the best source for tv show informations. They has a separate list for "tv show actors" and a "episode actor" and "specials guest" list for each episode.

"only actors with image" is already available for movie in Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data
Hi Dan -

Great work so far. Any estimate on when you might have a new alpha build ready for us to try out?

Thanks!
Hi,
Is there a way to rename mkv video having a dual video track like this: <moviename> (2D-2160p-hevc, 3D-1080p-h.264).mkv with the renamer module?
Many of my new movies are merged with mkvtoolnix and includes 2D-2160p as the 1st track and 3D-1080p as 2nd tracks.
Thanks for your good software. I used it since couples years :-)
(2017-01-24, 01:12)slappy Wrote: Hi,
Is there a way to rename mkv video having a dual video track like this: <moviename> (2D-2160p-hevc, 3D-1080p-h.264).mkv with the renamer module?
Many of my new movies are merged with mkvtoolnix and includes 2D-2160p as the 1st track and 3D-1080p as 2nd tracks.
Thanks for your good software. I used it since couples years :-)

Not yet. I've never seen a file with two video tracks... but good to know that's possible. Please add a feature request on our bug tracker: link
(2017-01-23, 19:12)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 18:59)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-01-23, 18:41)DanCooper Wrote: It's depended on scraper ordering and if you've enabled actor scraping in each scraper. Ember use the full list of actors from the first scraper that have enabled actor scraping and give back any actor while scraping. There is no comparing between different scrapers.

I've added limit and "only actors with image" filter for the next alpha release.

Thanks for your prompt answer Dan.

For TV Shows actors, I'm using IMDB only. For example, if you take a look to the Westworld cast available on IMDB, it looks quite impressive...but the scraper downloads only six actors (that are the first six in the cast list). That was why my question...

I think that the modification you have implemented is really useful! "only actors with image" will be available for Movies too?

We always use the "combined" page on IMDB to get all informations. But yes, only 6 actors are listed on this side. We don't parse the actors in the "more" link. The reason is that IMDB list any actors of the whole tv show, even if they have only a 10 second scene. I think it's not very useful to list so many actors as "base" actors for a tv show. I think TVDB is the best source for tv show informations. They has a separate list for "tv show actors" and a "episode actor" and "specials guest" list for each episode.

"only actors with image" is already available for movie in Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data

Thanks a lot Dan for the explaination. I guess that adding the limit option for the TV Shows will make possible to scrape also the "more" link for a more complete cast list. I also think that TVDB is really a good source for TV Shows (for several reasons) but, if I'm not wrong, for the "Series level cast", only the cast of the last Season is considered...Am I wrong?

Ok, I just overlooked the "only actors with image" option under Movies...thanks for highlighting it! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I take the occasion to provide a suggestion for the next version (if not already implemented and missed by me...).

For the MPAA it would be nice to manage the rates even without "Rated" word in front. Personally I don't like to use it but only the rate itslef. e.g. "PG"...actually the problem is that the GUI does not visualize the realted rate image if I use only the rate itself (omitting "Rated").

Thanks for the attention as usual.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hi Dan
Regarding the Renamer Module;
I submit the feature request for the MKV movies that includes multi video tracks(2D/2160p, 3D/1080p, etc...)
Those video are made using mkvtoolnix to merge many video, audio and subtitles tracks inside a single MKV container. and now it is also possible to include a poster.jpg and the complete nfo created by ember when used in conjunction with MetaX software.
Really Happy to have Ember Media Manager it is really powerfull.
Thanks
Steve
(2017-01-24, 16:24)axlt2002 Wrote: I take the occasion to provide a suggestion for the next version (if not already implemented and missed by me...).

For the MPAA it would be nice to manage the rates even without "Rated" word in front. Personally I don't like to use it but only the rate itslef. e.g. "PG"...actually the problem is that the GUI does not visualize the realted rate image if I use only the rate itself (omitting "Rated").

Thanks for the attention as usual.

Rating options will be cleaned up in next release. There already is an option to only save the value ("MPAA: Save only Number"), but this option has a special handling for U.S. ratings and certifications and the results is not that what you want.

(2017-01-25, 00:34)slappy Wrote: Hi Dan
Regarding the Renamer Module;
I submit the feature request for the MKV movies that includes multi video tracks(2D/2160p, 3D/1080p, etc...)
Those video are made using mkvtoolnix to merge many video, audio and subtitles tracks inside a single MKV container. and now it is also possible to include a poster.jpg and the complete nfo created by ember when used in conjunction with MetaX software.
Really Happy to have Ember Media Manager it is really powerfull.
Thanks
Steve

Thx.
Hello,
im on the alpha build 1.4.8.0.
Im not able to scrape themes anymore.
No error messages appears.
It still open the window but it never find any theme song.
Is this a known bug or should i try to reinstall ember?
If i should reinstall, will my settings,... be saved or should i save it manually?

best regards
(2017-01-25, 23:14)sherlock_homeless Wrote: Hello,
If i should reinstall, will my settings,... be saved or should i save it manually?

best regards

ThemeLibrary has stopped his service and the Televisiontunes scraper looks broken :-(
I hate this theme things ... Maybe I can fix the Televisiontunes scraper in next Alpha ... and no, I don't know that release date ;-)
(2017-01-25, 23:24)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-25, 23:14)sherlock_homeless Wrote: Hello,

best regards

ThemeLibrary has stopped his service and the Televisiontunes scraper looks broken :-(
I hate this theme things ... Maybe I can fix the Televisiontunes scraper in next Alpha ... and no, I don't know that release date ;-)

Thanks Dan for the answer.

Another question i have is:
How can i delete all movies and series from the ember database?
STRG+A and then delete isnt working because ember isnt responding anymore. (too much movies in my database)

Thanks
(2017-01-26, 00:45)sherlock_homeless Wrote: How can i delete all movies and series from the ember database?
STRG+A and then delete isnt working because ember isnt responding anymore. (too much movies in my database)

CTRL+A works, but needs much more longer as if you simple remove the whole source in settings. CTRL+A removes one movie after another, source-removing removes any linked movie directly via SQLite in database. Also CTRL+A does not run in a "background worker", so the GUI is frozen and Windows thinks the software is crashed until Ember has finished the task.
(2017-01-26, 01:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 00:45)sherlock_homeless Wrote: How can i delete all movies and series from the ember database?

CTRL+A works, but needs much more longer as if you simple remove the whole source in settings. CTRL+A removes one movie after another, source-removing removes any linked movie directly via SQLite in database. Also CTRL+A does not run in a "background worker", so the GUI is frozen and Windows thinks the software is crashed until Ember has finished the task.

Ah ok, thanks again for the fast anwer.
How long should this take about for ~2500 movies with an up to date pc?

thanks and best regards
(2017-01-26, 01:27)sherlock_homeless Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 01:01)DanCooper Wrote:

thanks and best regards

No idea, maybe 5-10 minutes if you delete all movies, 5-20 seconds if you remove the source. My PC (a new i7) needs 5 seconds to remove a tv show source with over 13'000 episodes.
(2017-01-26, 01:38)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 01:27)sherlock_homeless Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 01:01)DanCooper Wrote: CTRL+A works, but needs much more longer as if you simple remove the whole source in settings. CTRL+A removes one movie after another, source-removing removes any linked movie directly via SQLite in database. Also CTRL+A does not run in a "background worker", so the GUI is frozen and Windows thinks the software is crashed until Ember has finished the task.

thanks and best regards

No idea, maybe 5-10 minutes if you delete all movies, 5-20 seconds if you remove the source. My PC (a new i7) needs 5 seconds to remove a tv show source with over 13'000 episodes.

Thanks Dan.
Deleted all movies and episodes now.
I had about 200 movies difference difference between ember and kodi.
Ember said i have 2500 movies in my database and kodi tells me there are only 2300 movies in my database.

Thanks for the help.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2