• 70(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
no help on the couple of problems I found ?

thanks
(2017-02-11, 12:22)meridius Wrote: Just tired the new version and noticed that Ember does not scrape PCM audio files properly as it saves it as
<codec>PCM</codec>

kodi 17 saves it as
<codec>pcm_s16le</codec>

anyway to get this added

also I have Use Duration for runtime ticked and <m> but looking in the .nfo it says
<durationinseconds>0</durationinseconds> it should be durationinseconds>6449</durationinseconds> so I don't know why its not getting that data to

also the new ember creates <runtime>104</runtime> which is not right as it should be <runtime>107</runtime> as kodi and the old ember creates <runtime>107</runtime> and the movie run time is 1h and 47min which is 107 min so I don't know why the lates ember is creating 107 min

any help on that thanks

You can just map PCM to pcm_s16le under Settings - Miscellaneous - Audio & Video Codec Mapping. For the Duration bug i got around it by copying MediaInfo.dll from a old install (I think!!!)
thanks for that will look into it.

also which is the best scraper to use as I noticed that kodi uses TMDB but theres not a lot of actors in there and IMDB has more, what do you all use ? and why does kodi not use IMDB scraper

thanks
(2017-02-11, 21:14)meridius Wrote: thanks for that will look into it.

also which is the best scraper to use as I noticed that kodi uses TMDB but theres not a lot of actors in there and IMDB has more, what do you all use ? and why does kodi not use IMDB scraper

thanks

I use TMDB for movies and TVDB for tv shows. Kodi don't use IMDB for a simple reason: it's not allowed to parse the website ;-)
@Elky

You can just map PCM to pcm_s16le under Settings

that worked, maybe this should be added as standard
(2017-02-11, 23:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 21:14)meridius Wrote: thanks for that will look into it.

thanks

I use TMDB for movies and TVDB for tv shows. Kodi don't use IMDB for a simple reason: it's not allowed to parse the website ;-)

thanks for the info, did you find the problem with the run time ?

I have Use Duration for runtime ticked and <m> but looking in the .nfo it says
<durationinseconds>0</durationinseconds> it should be durationinseconds>6449</durationinseconds> so I don't know why its not getting that data to

also the new ember creates <runtime>104</runtime> which is not right as it should be <runtime>107</runtime> as kodi creates <runtime>107</runtime> and the movie run time is 1h and 47min
Yes, runtime is broken. It's a known bug but not really important for Kodi.
(2017-02-12, 01:27)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, runtime is broken. It's a known bug but not really important for Kodi.

Shocked
I just installed a new kodi and I have the database with 0 seconds of movies.
(2017-02-11, 00:27)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 13:38)noonan2678 Wrote: Hi again - I still have my outstanding TV library issue. At this point, how can I just delete that library and have it rescan the entire thing? I'd want to not impact the movies as they are fine. Thanks.

Remove the file sources and Ember should remove all TV information?

Ok, thanks, but I believe my problem is with the database. Would someone mind letting me know how to delete just the TV database so that I can then have Ember scan it from scratch?
(2017-02-14, 14:28)hardvk0 Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 01:27)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, runtime is broken. It's a known bug but not really important for Kodi.

Shocked
I just installed a new kodi and I have the database with 0 seconds of movies.

Kodi use the runtime from NFO only for initial listing. Kodi always rescan the file in background or while first playing. But I'll release a fixed version of Alpha 23 in next hours.
(2017-02-14, 14:28)noonan2678 Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 00:27)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2017-02-09, 13:38)noonan2678 Wrote: Hi again - I still have my outstanding TV library issue. At this point, how can I just delete that library and have it rescan the entire thing? I'd want to not impact the movies as they are fine. Thanks.

Remove the file sources and Ember should remove all TV information?

Ok, thanks, but I believe my problem is with the database. Would someone mind letting me know how to delete just the TV database so that I can then have Ember scan it from scratch?

You can clear the database with tools like SQLite Browser. But there are many tables to check and clean and it's difficult to clean them manually. It's easier to delete the database (MyVideosXX.emm) and also reload the movies from scratch.
Thank you! Just wasn't sure which files represented the database itself.
Hi Dan,

I installed the new version of Ember & it looked like you fixed the "Part" problem we all had with movies.

My movie is named as follows:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)

After scraping this is the result:

Not sure if this was fixed or something wrong on my side.
Any suggestions?
PS: We greatly appreciate the work you do with EmberLaugh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2017-02-14, 23:01)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

I installed the new version of Ember & it looked like you fixed the "Part" problem we all had with movies.

My movie is named as follows:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)

After scraping this is the result:

Not sure if this was fixed or something wrong on my side.
Any suggestions?
PS: We greatly appreciate the work you do with Ember[emoji23]
No, it's not fixed (will be in Alpha 24). Bit there are many ways to prevent this bug (file naming or advancedsettings).
Ok Thanks.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2