• 72(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
I just switched to the latest alpha from the beta. The database was upgraded during the first launch of the client, and now I don't have any icons, data etc. shown for the movies. The list does show that they still exist but do not appear on the screen. Can you please tell me what to change to get them visible again?

Also, does this version have the "update ratings with CLI" enabled or will it be in alpha 24?
(2017-02-16, 18:44)Boulder Wrote: I just switched to the latest alpha from the beta. The database was upgraded during the first launch of the client, and now I don't have any icons, data etc. shown for the movies. The list does show that they still exist but do not appear on the screen. Can you please tell me what to change to get them visible again?

Also, does this version have the "update ratings with CLI" enabled or will it be in alpha 24?

Settings => Options => General => Display...

New CL command will be in alpha 24. The Alpha 23.2 was only a (late) hotfix. I need more time to finish the next Alpha.

EDIT: If you've changed from beta to alpha: check every settings page. Many things has been changed.
Thanks Smile

I have one more question:

I have music videos (concerts) which don't have an IMDb id nearly every time. If I set TMDB as the first scraper and IMDb as the second one and tick some same boxes such as title, rating, etc., does the data come first from TMDB and is then overwritten by IMDb for my movies? Or does it use the TMDB value no matter what? It would also be useful to be able to automatically skip the IMDb search when you rescrape a title in the database which doesn't have an IMDb id there.
(2017-02-16, 21:00)Boulder Wrote: Thanks Smile

I have music videos (concerts) which don't have an IMDb id nearly every time. If I set TMDB as the first scraper and IMDb as the second one and tick some same boxes such as title, rating, etc., does the data come first from TMDB and is then overwritten by IMDb for my movies? Or does it use the TMDB value no matter what? It would also be useful to be able to automatically skip the IMDb search when you rescrape a title in the database which doesn't have an IMDb id there.

The following scraper does only fill a field if the scraper before can't fill the field.
The search and scraper functions has been very improved for next alpha release.
@DanCooper Just playing around with the new alpha and two things i found is it no long read/save locked status from the nfo, also resaving a file is delete the user rating from in the file (or it could just be down to user error and i missed something!)
(2017-02-17, 03:44)Elky Wrote: @DanCooper Just playing around with the new alpha and two things i found is it no long read/save locked status from the nfo, also resaving a file is delete the user rating from in the file (or it could just be down to user error and i missed something!)

That's not really the "new" Alpha, it's only a hotfixed version of Alpha 23.
Locked-State-In-NFO and Userrating will be supported in Alpha 24.
(2017-02-16, 23:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-02-16, 21:00)Boulder Wrote: Thanks Smile

The following scraper does only fill a field if the scraper before can't fill the field.
The search and scraper functions has been very improved for next alpha release.
OK, then it works differently from what it says in the Wiki:

"Scraper at the top of the list on right side will be used first and, as they cascade down, collect and replace each other as they are inherited. The general rule of thumb is that the last Scraper on that list will most likely define the outcome."

What about those cases of mine where 95% of the videos have information in IMDb and should get the rating etc. there but the last 5% doesn't have anything there. Should I just put IMDb as the first scraper and that should cover everything? I think previously I couldn't get it to scrape anything if the title was not found from IMDb in that case even though it should have simply tried the next scraper (TMDB).
Problem trying to a change a movie poster http://pastebin.com/raw/XYPyF5sW
Hello all,

Am still loving this app, thank you very much. (using latest alpha 23.2 x64)

An oddity maybe? I managed to delete all my downloaded movie trailers that emm had generated for me over the years from the Clean Files option under Tools. I clicked it, emm had a very very long think and then I discovered the trailers were gone.

Luckily for me I had a backup and am working on recovering them ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2531517 ) but why would emm delete these if it had created them? My folder/file structure is like this.

\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957)
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957)-trailer.mkv
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\30 Minutes or Less (2011)
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\30 Minutes or Less (2011)-trailer.mpg
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2017-02-21, 11:13)FlashPan Wrote: Hello all,

Am still loving this app, thank you very much. (using latest alpha 23.2 x64)

An oddity maybe? I managed to delete all my downloaded movie trailers that emm had generated for me over the years from the Clean Files option under Tools. I clicked it, emm had a very very long think and then I discovered the trailers were gone.

Luckily for me I had a backup and am working on recovering them ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2531517 ) but why would emm delete these if it had created them? My folder/file structure is like this.

\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957)
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\12 Angry Men (1957)-trailer.mkv
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\30 Minutes or Less (2011)
\StreamFiles\Movies\Movies\30 Minutes or Less (2011)-trailer.mpg

Oh yes, that funktion should not be visible in release! Damn...
I've tested some ways to make a cleanup function for files. I've also lost all my trailers while developing... and I don't have a backup :-(
I know you can select an Episode and press "Change Episode" to change it when you have a wrong scrape. But is there a fast way to change the Season for multiple Episodes? I always needed to use an Texteditor and Regex through the Files. It would be great to Select multiple Episodes and just say "Change Season". Is it currently possible or do I need to create a feature request for it?
(2017-02-21, 16:40)Kiina Wrote: I know you can select an Episode and press "Change Episode" to change it when you have a wrong scrape. But is there a fast way to change the Season for multiple Episodes? I always needed to use an Texteditor and Regex through the Files. It would be great to Select multiple Episodes and just say "Change Season". Is it currently possible or do I need to create a feature request for it?

Change season is not available. Why you need that? What's the case that your episodes has the wrong season or file name?
(2017-02-21, 16:55)DanCooper Wrote: Change season is not available. Why you need that? What's the case that your episodes has the wrong season or file name?

Some long and weekly running shows get sorted by Year on tvdb even though they are practically all "Season 1". So the fastest way to fix the Season in the nfo would be to just mark all Episodes from that Year and let it Change the Season.
(2017-02-21, 17:02)Kiina Wrote:
(2017-02-21, 16:55)DanCooper Wrote: Change season is not available. Why you need that? What's the case that your episodes has the wrong season or file name?

Some long and weekly running shows get sorted by Year on tvdb even though they are practically all "Season 1". So the fastest way to fix the Season in the nfo would be to just mark all Episodes from that Year and let it Change the Season.

Why do you not use the aired date in the file names? Ember also can recognize aired date (yyyy-mm-dd) and then search the episode and season number based on this value.
(2017-02-21, 17:16)DanCooper Wrote: Why do you not use the aired date in the file names? Ember also can recognize aired date (yyyy-mm-dd) and then search the episode and season number based on this value.

Well for my biggest show with this problem I don't have the air date in the filename. Only the Episode Numbers. For some other shows the date isn't on tvdb/is wrong or is offset from my local timestamp because of region differences
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2