• 74(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Sorry for the double post in the beta thread.

Does the bulk renamer work for movies? My settings for renaming are enabled, with the folder and file pattern as "$T {($Y)}", set to automatically rename.

When I first update, it moved all of my movies into individual directories, but without the year. When using the bulk renamer, it doesn't show the new path as Movie (year), but it does show the filename as Movie (year). When I click rename, it closes the window and no files or directories were renamed at all.

If I select one movie and use the auto renamer, it errors out saying "Unable to rename file, locked false, file exists false, dir exists or is not empty true."

I've tried running as administrator as well as several compatibility modes to no avail. Can someone help? Thanks!

Update: oddly enough, the manual renamer doesn't work either, even if I change the moviename from "Moviename" to "Moviename ASDF", it still says the directory exists.
(2017-02-26, 20:38)bogez Wrote: Sorry for the double post in the beta thread.

Does the bulk renamer work for movies? My settings for renaming are enabled, with the folder and file pattern as "$T {($Y)}", set to automatically rename.

When I first update, it moved all of my movies into individual directories, but without the year. When using the bulk renamer, it doesn't show the new path as Movie (year), but it does show the filename as Movie (year). When I click rename, it closes the window and no files or directories were renamed at all.

If I select one movie and use the auto renamer, it errors out saying "Unable to rename file, locked false, file exists false, dir exists or is not empty true."

I've tried running as administrator as well as several compatibility modes to no avail. Can someone help? Thanks!

Update: oddly enough, the manual renamer doesn't work either, even if I change the moviename from "Moviename" to "Moviename ASDF", it still says the directory exists.

You have to set the source to "Separate folder for each movie".
(2017-02-26, 21:53)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 20:38)bogez Wrote: Sorry for the double post in the beta thread.

You have to set the source to "Separate folder for each movie".

That was easy. Thanks!
Hat EMM die Möglichkeit Dateien von einem Verzeichnis automatisch auf die NAS zu sortieren wie zB theRenamer? Dann müsste man nicht beide Tools nutzen oder händisch die Dateien in die Ordner einsortieren.
Bis dato hab ich nur die Möglichkeit gefunden die Dateien beim Scrapen umbenennen zu lassen. (in dem jeweiligen Serienordnern)

Aktuell nutze ich dass nur für Filme (Tools->Dateien in Verzeichnisse Sortieren aber gibt es so etwas auch für Serien? Oder wie nutze ich dass für Serien?
(2017-02-27, 09:54)ryfar Wrote: Hat EMM die Möglichkeit Dateien von einem Verzeichnis automatisch auf die NAS zu sortieren wie zB theRenamer? Dann müsste man nicht beide Tools nutzen oder händisch die Dateien in die Ordner einsortieren.
Bis dato hab ich nur die Möglichkeit gefunden die Dateien beim Scrapen umbenennen zu lassen. (in dem jeweiligen Serienordnern)

Aktuell nutze ich dass nur für Filme (Tools->Dateien in Verzeichnisse Sortieren aber gibt es so etwas auch für Serien? Oder wie nutze ich dass für Serien?

This is an english only forum. But whe also have one in german: Link

Tools => Sort Files is only usefull to sort videos that are directly saved in source folder. Ember has a full featured renamer for movies and tv shows. You can enable it in Settings => Modules => Renamer (Umbenenner). A new menu in Tools will be added after enabling. Dependet on which tab do you've selected in main window, the renamer shows a preview for movies or tv shows.
I have been struggling with the rename function with all the 1.4.8.0 releases (both x86 & x64 versions). I had no problems with 1.4.7.2.

The automatic rename function of 1.4.8.0 which runs automatically in conjunction with scraping works just fine with TV Shows but not with Movies. The manual rename of a single movie returns this error "..Directory already exists or is not empty: True".

I have experienced with various Ember Setting without any luck even though the fact that the manual rename fails point to the direction that the Settings have nothing to do with this problem. I suspected the fact the somehow Ember can no more deal with UNC paths (where my movies and TV series are) but since everything goes smoothly with the TV Shows, this cannot me the case.

Since I have not been able to solve this problem I have been forced to maintain two parallel installations of Ember, the old 1.4.7.2 jut for the purpose of doing the renaming of movies properly and the latest 1.4.8.0 just for the new features not present in the old version.

Every time a new 1.4.8.0 release is issued I install it eagerly only to find out that this same problem in renaming my movies is still there. I wonder if this is just a problem of mine which does exist elsewhere. If someone has time and interest I can include my log file (from the start of Ember, followed by a failed single manual movie rename till the exist of Ember) and my settings file in order to sort out this problem of mine.

Cheers,
anhil
(2017-02-28, 00:13)anhil Wrote: I have been struggling with the rename function with all the 1.4.8.0 releases (both x86 & x64 versions). I had no problems with 1.4.7.2.

The automatic rename function of 1.4.8.0 which runs automatically in conjunction with scraping works just fine with TV Shows but not with Movies. The manual rename of a single movie returns this error "..Directory already exists or is not empty: True".

I have experienced with various Ember Setting without any luck even though the fact that the manual rename fails point to the direction that the Settings have nothing to do with this problem. I suspected the fact the somehow Ember can no more deal with UNC paths (where my movies and TV series are) but since everything goes smoothly with the TV Shows, this cannot me the case.

Since I have not been able to solve this problem I have been forced to maintain two parallel installations of Ember, the old 1.4.7.2 jut for the purpose of doing the renaming of movies properly and the latest 1.4.8.0 just for the new features not present in the old version.

Every time a new 1.4.8.0 release is issued I install it eagerly only to find out that this same problem in renaming my movies is still there. I wonder if this is just a problem of mine which does exist elsewhere. If someone has time and interest I can include my log file (from the start of Ember, followed by a failed single manual movie rename till the exist of Ember) and my settings file in order to sort out this problem of mine.

Cheers,
anhil

Do you have set the movie source to "Movies are in separate folders" or not?
UNC should not be a problem. Can you upload a log to pastebin.com? You can find the latest log in .\Ember Media Manager\Logs\DATE.csv.

The "error" Directory already exists or is not empty: True means that the destination directory is not already the source directory and also it's not empty. Then it's correct to don't move the files/folders if you use "Movies are in separate folders".
(2017-02-28, 11:18)DanCooper Wrote: Do you have set the movie source to "Movies are in separate folders" or not?
UNC should not be a problem. Can you upload a log to pastebin.com? You can find the latest log in .\Ember Media Manager\Logs\DATE.csv.

The "error" Directory already exists or is not empty: True means that the destination directory is not already the source directory and also it's not empty. Then it's correct to don't move the files/folders if you use "Movies are in separate folders".

I have my movies in one common folder. The log which I was referring in my earlier posting can now be found in
http://pastebin.com/vfZqcRwq

My Setting.xml is in
http://pastebin.com/cQP1sYf9

I do appreciate your willingness to help!

Cheers,
anhil
It's not a good idea to not have your movies separated by folders

Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk
Image Image
(2017-02-28, 19:53)redglory Wrote: It's not a good idea to not have your movies separated by folders

Well, it did work just fine with 1.4.7.2 so I would expect it to do the same in 1.4.8.0.

Cheers,
anhil
(2017-02-28, 20:18)anhil Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 19:53)redglory Wrote: It's not a good idea to not have your movies separated by folders

Well, it did work just fine with 1.4.7.2 so I would expect it to do the same in 1.4.8.0.

Cheers,
anhil

I'm saying this as a principle and not a rule Smile
Image Image
(2017-02-28, 19:30)anhil Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 11:18)DanCooper Wrote: Do you have set the movie source to "Movies are in separate folders" or not?

I have my movies in one common folder. The log which I was referring in my earlier posting can now be found in
http://pastebin.com/vfZqcRwq

My Setting.xml is in
http://pastebin.com/cQP1sYf9

I do appreciate your willingness to help!

Cheers,
anhil

I can't see you source settings in XML. That inforamtion is saved in th DB. What are your source settings?
(2017-02-28, 21:23)DanCooper Wrote: I can't see you source settings in XML. That inforamtion is saved in th DB. What are your source settings?

For movies my sources can be seen in the screenshot of
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlDf7UqMMeK6gvoc6XeCKwR6WAGLBw

Cheers,
anhil
(2017-02-28, 21:48)anhil Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 21:23)DanCooper Wrote: I can't see you source settings in XML. That inforamtion is saved in th DB. What are your source settings?

For movies my sources can be seen in the screenshot of
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlDf7UqMMeK6gvoc6XeCKwR6WAGLBw

Cheers,
anhil

I've found a bug in the Renamer if the files are saved in a common folder. I try to fix that.
Is anyone else having a problem with Windows 10/Daemon Tools lite not working when Ember scans meta data of an ISO file?
I keep getting mount/dismount errors from DTlite.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2