• 79(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-03-26, 04:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 04:05)badbob001 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 01:33)DanCooper Wrote: No, no additional tools are needed. But I've tested it with same settings and it works for me with Alpha 23.3 x64

I think I found the cause. I have 'Keep existing' unchecked since I thought that option would cause the poster scraper to ignore existing posters when I do what all posters to be redownloaded so they can be resized. But having that option unchecked prevents it from downloading posters (at least for me). If I check it on, posters now download and get resized.

Hmm, sounds strange. "Keep existing" does not scrape a new one if Ember already has recognized a local/existing image. But resize should also working if this option is enabled and the existing image is bigger that your limits.

My assumption was that EMM will not resize existing art. If it can, how do I trigger it? Currently, I'm having it redownload my posters by doing a custom scrape and only checked 'poster'. Would that do it?
(2017-03-26, 04:46)badbob001 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 04:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 04:05)badbob001 Wrote: I think I found the cause. I have 'Keep existing' unchecked since I thought that option would cause the poster scraper to ignore existing posters when I do what all posters to be redownloaded so they can be resized. But having that option unchecked prevents it from downloading posters (at least for me). If I check it on, posters now download and get resized.

Hmm, sounds strange. "Keep existing" does not scrape a new one if Ember already has recognized a local/existing image. But resize should also working if this option is enabled and the existing image is bigger that your limits.

My assumption was that EMM will not resize existing art. If it can, how do I trigger it? Currently, I'm having it redownload my posters by doing a custom scrape and only checked 'poster'. Would that do it?

If you've enabled "Keep existing", Ember does not set a new image while scraping and loads the existing image before saving. But image resize will always checked before saving.

One way is to use Tools => Rewrite all Movie content. In this function, all content will be loaded and re-saved (no scraping, only re-write existing images, trailers, NFO and themes.

Another way is to select all movies with existing posters and use Context menu => Rescrape selected Movies => Auto => only Poster. That should only reload reload the existing posters, resize if needed and save it to disc. Scraper search for new images but should re-use the existing one. Maybe you should try it with some movies before you do that one a big batch of movies.

EDIT: in the "another way" you need to have enabled "Keep existing" ;-)
What is the logic behind where the trailer url comes from? I see trailer paths from media-imdb.com, totaleclips.com, and youtube. Some media-imdb.com trailers don't work as I get a access denied so I thought I would disable all trailer sources except youtube. Then I select a movie -> context menu -> rescrape single data field -> trailer. I would expect the path to change to either youtube or blank (for not found). But it stays as media-imdb.com.

Next I try to blank out the trailer field: context menu -> edit data field -> trailer url and set it to blank. Then I scape the trailer field and again it comes back with a media-imdb.com url. Maybe for trailers, you should have a similar interface for posters, where it'll show the ones it found and let you pick one.
Hi to everyone!

I need two infos:

1. Ho to remove the "* All Seasons" line in the season list?
2. I ask if is possible to code the ability of save the separator line position. I have this situation when i open EMM

and if i make some adjustments (like next image) they don't save! Every time i open EMM i need to adjust the separator line.

is possibile to fix a position and save it?

Thanks
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
(2017-03-26, 01:29)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 19:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Chris,

I don't know if someone else already highlighted this, but it seems that the votes of the TV shows are no more scraped from IMDb. At least, if I try to update the vote of a specfic TV show, it doesn't update. For example, Westworld is 9.1/10 (115052) in my library (scraped a couple of months ago) and IMDb actually reports 9.0/10 (161857). I tried to rescrape that specific field, but without success.

Thanks in advance if you can take a look to it.

We always use the "/combined" page to get the data for scraping, e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/combined
As you can see, there is no rating listet. I don't know why... If you look e.g. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/combined , there is a rating.

Sometimes the rating on the normal page is also different from the "combined" page, no idea why. Maybe we need to adjust the scraper yet.

Thank you for the explaination. I don't know if the issue on the combined page is temporary or not...

A possiblity would be to stick with the combined and, in case the rate it is not present, refer to the main page of the TV show.

Anyway is not a big issue. Thanks!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Here I Am again. Smile

Small background: I use EMM on my laptop where I have a copy of my movie/tv shows library; in order to update any change on my media center, I just use FreeFileSync program that just checks the differences in the size and time of files. If something is updated, these files are copied on the media center. The intention is that if I upate a nfo file (e.g. rating or best 250), just this one will be copied on the media center (inside Kodi I will just refresh the infos).

I have noticed the following points (using the 23.3):

- If I just open EMM, all the season posters of my TV shows are recognized by FreeFileSync as updated even if I don't make any modification to them or to any of the .nfo files;
- If I update the rating or the best 250 of a movie, all the related images (i.g. poster, fanart and actors) result as updated so that they will be overwrited on my media center even if they have not been changed at all;
- The same as above happens when I update the rating of a single episode of a TV show;
- If I update the rating of a TV show, the banner, fanart and poster result as updated...about actors images, honestly, I'm confused...a lot of them are just deleted (I guess these are the ones related to the episodes actors and guest stars) and just few remains (but do not match completely the actors list of the TV show in TMDB). If afterwards I update the rates of all the episodes, all the actor images that were deleted are downloaded again...and of course result as updated... Wink

In general, I'm expecting that if I update a nfo file (even more, just a field of it), only this one should be modified and nothing related to the images (it seems that the images are downloaded again...). Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance Dan for any clarification...as usual! Wink

P.S.: I have also noticed that when updating a single episode, the field <dateadded> is updated at the time of the modification...there is not a <datemodified> field as for the movies also for the tv show episodes?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2017-03-26, 18:16)axlt2002 Wrote: Here I Am again. Smile

Small background: I use EMM on my laptop where I have a copy of my movie/tv shows library; in order to update any change on my media center, I just use FreeFileSync program that just checks the differences in the size and time of files. If something is updated, these files are copied on the media center. The intention is that if I upate a nfo file (e.g. rating or best 250), just this one will be copied on the media center (inside Kodi I will just refresh the infos).

- If I just open EMM, all the season posters of my TV shows are recognized by FreeFileSync as updated even if I don't make any modification to them or to any of the .nfo files;
- If I update the rating or the best 250 of a movie, all the related images (i.g. poster, fanart and actors) result as updated so that they will be overwrited on my media center even if they have not been changed at all;
- The same as above happens when I update the rating of a single episode of a TV show;
- If I update the rating of a TV show, the banner, fanart and poster result as updated...about actors images, honestly, I'm confused...a lot of them are just deleted (I guess these are the ones related to the episodes actors and guest stars) and just few remains (but do not match completely the actors list of the TV show in TMDB). If afterwards I update the rates of all the episodes, all the actor images that were deleted are downloaded again...and of course result as updated... Wink

In general, I'm expecting that if I update a nfo file (even more, just a field of it), only this one should be modified and nothing related to the images (it seems that the images are downloaded again...). Is there something that I'm missing?

+100 as I had mentioned this a while back(+4 months ago). The images aren't re-downloaded, but saved again, thus updating modified date. So if I go through and just scrape say ratings, EVERYTHING including local trailers giving updated modified date. Syncing to my nas has become EXTREMELY cumbersome because of this.
(2017-03-26, 18:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

+100 as I had mentioned this a while back(+4 months ago). The images aren't re-downloaded, but saved again, thus updating modified date. So if I go through and just scrape say ratings, EVERYTHING including local trailers giving updated modified date. Syncing to my nas has become EXTREMELY cumbersome because of this.

I'm happy that I'm not the only one that noticed this issue. Smile In addition to that there is the strange behaviour reported in my last bullet about the actors images deleted when updating the rating of a TV show as well as the <dateadded> modification when an episode is pudated (there is no <datemodified> field).

Dan is already doing a great effort to provide us this tool, so I would just be patient and wait for the solution. Angel
under movie scraper data. What does the "save extended collection info to nfo" actually store?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
@Dan

Moving a Movie to a new location (that is in the sources) makes it disappear.... Smile (had to update library)
(2017-03-26, 18:59)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 18:43)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

I'm happy that I'm not the only one that noticed this issue. Smile In addition to that there is the strange behaviour reported in my last bullet about the actors images deleted when updating the rating of a TV show as well as the <dateadded> modification when an episode is pudated (there is no <datemodified> field).

Dan is already doing a great effort to provide us this tool, so I would just be patient and wait for the solution. Angel
Know problem for users that use backup software. Will be "fixed" resp. opimized in next alpha. ATM there are only two ways if something has to be saved in DB: save only to DB or (re-)save all files to disc.
I've to check the other issue with <dateadded> / <datemodified>.

(2017-03-26, 22:38)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: under movie scraper data. What does the "save extended collection info to nfo" actually store?
Plot overview from TMDB for a collection will also be saved in movie NFO.

(2017-03-26, 23:05)solamnic Wrote: @Dan

Moving a Movie to a new location (that is in the sources) makes it disappear.... Smile (had to update library)
Added to bug tracker: Link
(2017-03-26, 23:18)DanCooper Wrote: Know problem for users that use backup software. Will be "fixed" resp. opimized in next alpha. ATM there are only two ways if something has to be saved in DB: save only to DB or (re-)save all files to disc.

Thanks Dan for your feedback!

I guess that also the issue of deleting from the disc some actors images when updating the rating of a TV show (and re-save again the missing images when updating the rating for every single episode) is part of the same problem, right?

In addition, it seems that season posters are just re-saved on the disk even if nothing is updated.

I will wait for the next alpha then. I'm not an expert but I guess it should just re-write the nfo file in case no images are involved in the update.

Thanks again.
So do i need the seperate NFO in my movie set folder any more?

If the plot is not displaying in the skin is it a skin issue? Using mq7 as my skin.

Is sync smart enough to know to try not to sync anything if no changes have been made?

If I am using the trakt addon in kodi, is it going to create any watch state issues if i dont tell ember to grab status from trakt before sync?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-03-26, 23:52)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 23:18)DanCooper Wrote: Know problem for users that use backup software. Will be "fixed" resp. opimized in next alpha. ATM there are only two ways if something has to be saved in DB: save only to DB or (re-)save all files to disc.

Thanks Dan for your feedback!

I guess that also the issue of deleting from the disc some actors images when updating the rating of a TV show (and re-save again the missing images when updating the rating for every single episode) is part of the same problem, right?

In addition, it seems that season posters are just re-saved on the disk even if nothing is updated.

I will wait for the next alpha then. I'm not an expert but I guess it should just re-write the nfo file in case no images are involved in the update.

Thanks again.
Do you have saved all your episodes directly in the tv show folder (same .actor folder for tv show and episodes)?

Again, all images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be resaved even if they don't have changed. The reason for that is: there is only one trigger: "need save to disc" and "don't save to disc".
Next Alpha version has more triggers and saves only content to disc, if it was enabled while scraping. But I still don't proof if the content has been changed or not.

(2017-03-27, 01:36)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: So do i need the seperate NFO in my movie set folder any more?

If the plot is not displaying in the skin is it a skin issue? Using mq7 as my skin.

Is sync smart enough to know to try not to sync anything if no changes have been made?

If I am using the trakt addon in kodi, is it going to create any watch state issues if i dont tell ember to grab status from trakt before sync?

No, you don't need the movie set NFO.

The problem is: Kodi only read the plot if the movie set is not already existing in Kodi's DB. If a movie set already exists, Kodi only link a new or refreshed movie to the existing database entry. Also ATM our Kodi Interface is not able to sync plot for movie sets. I hope that will be available in next Alpha.

To only way to get the movie set plot into Kodi is:
- remove each movie set in Kodi, incl. all movies of this set (you have to remove the set, not only the movie, otherwise it's needed to run a DB cleanup to remove the emtpy movie sets in DB)
- rescrape all movie sets in Ember, e.g. "Plot only" to write to plot to movie NFO (at this point the KI should re-add all your movies to Kodi incl. movie set plot)

Use Tools => Trakt.tv Manager => Get watched movies => Save playount to database to sync your watched state before you change something on the movie sets.
(2017-03-27, 09:59)DanCooper Wrote: Do you have saved all your episodes directly in the tv show folder (same .actor folder for tv show and episodes)?

Again, all images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be resaved even if they don't have changed. The reason for that is: there is only one trigger: "need save to disc" and "don't save to disc".
Next Alpha version has more triggers and saves only content to disc, if it was enabled while scraping. But I still don't proof if the content has been changed or not.

Yes, is exactly that case: all my episodes are in the same folder and the .actors folder is "shared" between them...do you mean that I should create the Season folders to avoid the issue?

Ok, while waiting for the next alpha, I will just update the rule of the synchronization program by excluding the *.jpg files (I will have to manually copy the jpg files related to a new movie/tv show/episode).
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2