• 97(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Thanks for the advice, Dan. Working ok without any crashes. Smile. Had a couple questions if you have the time. When scraping actors for TV shows, why are they duplicated if the show folder and in the season folder? What's the best way to not have the duplicates. Any chance on getting a central actor folder (just a thought)?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-06-18, 15:15)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 13:49)shwetkprabhat Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 15:47)DanCooper Wrote: First: disable the kodi Interface module or fix your settings (sources are not mapped). It's really hard to check a log that have ~140'000 entries and 14'237 error log entries with 99% error logs from Kodi Interface... Maybe you've fix that already.

Then please delete or rename the todays log to start logging from scratch. Then use Ember until you get the next error/crash. Than upload the log again.
It looks like bad timing between commiting latest changes to database and read something from it.

Hi Dan - I wanted to understand how kodi integration works with emm. Just started to use the latest alpha compiled by komplex, and I see your comments of path mapping and was wondering, before I connect my mysql database with emm, I know what I am doing. Some of the questions I have:

1. Could I use emm to refresh the entire kodi library, for example I update nfo using emm and then have kodi refresh it? Right now I have remove and add again to take refresh to take place.
2. The path mapping, as you mentioned in the post, do I need to do a special mapping to make library update work? I have all kodi clients using smb shares and emm is configured to run on windows using mapped network drives...

Any help or pointing to any documented resource would be awesome.

First, get the fixed version of komplex build, the first one has a bug: Link

The KI (Kodi Interface) sends all data to Kodi's JSON-RPC interface and Kodi save the data to the local or MySQL database. So Ember does not save any data directly into a Kodi database.
So you have to enable the webserver in Kodi and also allow "Controll by external applications".

Also you have to set all sources in Kodi as usual. If you only want disabeling autoscraping by Kodi, you can set the source scraper to "local NFO only". With this scraper Kodi adds only movies/episodes with local stored NFO and does not scrape any data from internet (that should be the job of Ember).

Sync with KI works as follows (e.g. for movies):
  1. get the database ID of the movie by path and filename
  2. if Kodi knows this movie, Kodi sends the ID to the KI and the KI continues with step 5
  3. the KI sends a command to Kodi to scan the movie folder (not the whole source, only that folder that contains the movie file to sync)
  4. the KI try again to get the database ID of the movie
  5. if the ID is known, the KI can sync the data. If Kodi can't find the movie, no ID will be returned and the KI abort the sync with an "not found" entry in the log

So for the inital work with Ember, KI and Kodi there are two ways to get a fast result:
If all or most of all movies already have a local NFO then disable the "RealTimeSync" in KI settings and load the whole database in Ember and in Kodi. It's faster to load the whole database in Kodi instead of let KI scan each folder individually. If both databases are ready, you can enable the "RealTimeSync" and manually sync all movies (select all entries => context menu => KI => sync) to write the additional images like Landscape, DiscArt ect. to Kodi. With "RealTimeSync" enabled, all future changes on movies will automatically synced to Kodi.

The mapping is needed to convert the "Ember path" to a "Kodi path". E.g. you have mapped your movie source to "Z:\" in Windows and used "smb://Server/movies" as source in Kodi, it's needed that the KI change the path while syncing. Otherwise Kodi can't find the ID and also the paths of images, trailers etc.
It works only if you have used the same source path in both, e.g.
Ember => Z:\Movies\Avatar\avatar.mkv
Kodi => smb://Server/movies/Avatar/avatar.mkv

With this mapping the KI simply search Z:\Movies in paths and replace it with smb://Server/movies, also change the \ and / if needed.
In the KI settings it's possible to add own sources, but in most of all cases the users use the same main paths in Ember and Kodi:

Thanks! This is very helpful. I see under movie scrapper there are 2 options now, Kodi and Kodi addons, how are they different and I used the expert setting to save poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, others values like clearart etc were saved as such by default. Now I see alpha creates <movie-name>-fanart, <movie name>-clearart etc. How do I disable this and if possible cleanup the library as well.
(2017-06-18, 16:29)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the advice, Dan. Working ok without any crashes. Smile. Had a couple questions if you have the time. When scraping actors for TV shows, why are they duplicated if the show folder and in the season folder? What's the best way to not have the duplicates. Any chance on getting a central actor folder (just a thought)?

Actorthumbs in season folders are the thumbs for episodes, in the tv show folder for tv shows. Sometime they are different, but in most case they are the same. Common folder is not possible, Kodi does not support that. The only atm is to save the episodes directly in the tv show folder, but i think that is not what you want.
I don't really have time today, but i can answer you questions later. Or another user can answer...
(2017-06-18, 16:41)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 16:29)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the advice, Dan. Working ok without any crashes. Smile. Had a couple questions if you have the time. When scraping actors for TV shows, why are they duplicated if the show folder and in the season folder? What's the best way to not have the duplicates. Any chance on getting a central actor folder (just a thought)?

Actorthumbs in season folders are the thumbs for episodes, in the tv show folder for tv shows. Sometime they are different, but in most case they are the same. Common folder is not possible, Kodi does not support that. The only atm is to save the episodes directly in the tv show folder, but i think that is not what you want.
I don't really have time today, but i can answer you questions later. Or another user can answer...

No problem. Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2017-06-18, 16:40)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Thanks! This is very helpful. I see under movie scrapper there are 2 options now, Kodi and Kodi addons, how are they different and I used the expert setting to save poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, others values like clearart etc were saved as such by default. Now I see alpha creates <movie-name>-fanart, <movie name>-clearart etc. How do I disable this and if possible cleanup the library as well.

<filename>-imagetype.ext are the default filename for Kodi. Will be disable if you disable the file name defaults for Kodi:

Kodi defaults will be recognized be Kodi without any addon. Kodi Interface use the same schema for filenaming like Kodi (<filename>-imagetype.ext), but will only be added if you use the Kodi Interface.
Kodi Addons are the default file names of the specified addon. Check this list to see with one use with file name: Link$

The Kodi Interface can sync ANY filename. If Ember knows the file name and recognize the file, the KI will send this path to Kodi.

Edit: Kodi deafults always use that name that Kodi use if you export the library to separate files. Cleanup will be a feature of the final/stable version of 1.5.
(2017-06-18, 16:48)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 16:40)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Thanks! This is very helpful. I see under movie scrapper there are 2 options now, Kodi and Kodi addons, how are they different and I used the expert setting to save poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, others values like clearart etc were saved as such by default. Now I see alpha creates <movie-name>-fanart, <movie name>-clearart etc. How do I disable this and if possible cleanup the library as well.

<filename>-imagetype.ext are the default filename for Kodi. Will be disable if you disable the file name defaults for Kodi:

Kodi defaults will be recognized be Kodi without any addon. Kodi Interface use the same schema for filenaming like Kodi (<filename>-imagetype.ext), but will only be added if you use the Kodi Interface.
Kodi Addons are the default file names of the specified addon. Check this list to see with one use with file name: Link$

The Kodi Interface can sync ANY filename. If Ember knows the file name and recognize the file, the KI will send this path to Kodi.

Edit: Kodi deafults always use that name that Kodi use if you export the library to separate files. Cleanup will be a feature of the final/stable version of 1.5.

Ok - I understand this now, since I have been using artwork downloader for extended images, how to keep the same naming convention and also use the kodi interface real time sync, I believe I know the answer that I need to re-scrape the library to be able to use KI real time sync but it would be worth asking the question.

Also for Kodi clients to use the extended images for new movies I would need to run artwork downloader every time even though they are stored in clearart.png, logo.png format right?
Also the original movies which have names with Part 1 and Part 2 e.g hunger games etc. emm is either creating a nfo by removing part1 thinking of it as stacked file or not reading the local nfo files. I am not sure but I found that some of the other movies which had part videos only Part 2 video is in the folder and other part is either deleted or missing. I am not certain if emm removed the files or it was never there but I just noticed because emm was not picking up the local nfo.
(2017-06-18, 18:31)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Also the original movies which have names with Part 1 and Part 2 e.g hunger games etc. emm is either creating a nfo by removing part1 thinking of it as stacked file or not reading the local nfo files. I am not sure but I found that some of the other movies which had part videos only Part 2 video is in the folder and other part is either deleted or missing. I am not certain if emm removed the files or it was never there but I just noticed because emm was not picking up the local nfo.

Solution: Link
(2017-06-11, 23:08)komplex Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 21:38)JanM201 Wrote: Wow, that looks complex. I think I'll just wait for the next release. Thanks anywayBig Grin

Here you go https://mega.nz/#!cM9VWCZD!VOLkZlOpQDxaY...ZvEPUjx0RA Built off the latest commit on github

Appears to have been deleted. Can you post again? Maybe a dropbox link or somthing>?
(2017-06-19, 03:32)arcelas Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 23:08)komplex Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 21:38)JanM201 Wrote: Wow, that looks complex. I think I'll just wait for the next release. Thanks anywayBig Grin

Here you go https://mega.nz/#!cM9VWCZD!VOLkZlOpQDxaY...ZvEPUjx0RA Built off the latest commit on github

Appears to have been deleted. Can you post again? Maybe a dropbox link or somthing>?

He created a new thread with a newer update...
FYI: looks like the Fanart.tv API server has any problems.
Fanart.tv forum thread: Link
Is there an option or advanced setting that kan make Season 0 in Ember called Specials?
Cos I use specials, thats also wat Sonarr uses as that (I use sonarr as auto rename for this).
Als Kodi uses that as default.

Cos as it stands this way Season 0 gets an error with Kodi Interface.
(2017-06-19, 13:28)voyagertm Wrote: Is there an option or advanced setting that kan make Season 0 in Ember called Specials?
No. Please add a feature request if you want that option: Link

(2017-06-19, 13:28)voyagertm Wrote: Cos I use specials, thats also wat Sonarr uses as that (I use sonarr as auto rename for this).
Als Kodi uses that as default.
Kodi don't have any default folder names for seasons or episodes. For Kodi it's not important how you call a folder, the regex to get the season and episode number will only read the file name.

(2017-06-19, 13:28)voyagertm Wrote: Cos as it stands this way Season 0 gets an error with Kodi Interface.
The Kodi Interface works without any error for special sesons. Kodi and Ember use "s0" to tag specials sesaons (also all scraper seources).
Well when I had it as Specials, KI would give out an error saying s0 not found in the log.
Not really an error tho, just saying not found in database so not syncing.
I did found a way around it in sonarr tho.
Turning off season folders in there and with the filename part adding Season {season:00}/ infront of it.
That way Specials are named Season 00 instead of Specials in sonarr.
I tried that out and this way KI works 100%.

I could still put in that feature request, since its sonarrs default but atleast i am happy for now Smile
A very small thing that drives me a lil crazy, seasons don't line up in numerical order
ImageImage
  • 97(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2