Work in Progress - Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
tr0nllam Offline
I'm having an issue with scraping Trakt ratings for certain shows. For some reason, I can't get The Handmaid's Tale or Jane the Virgin to pull ratings from Trakt. It just gives me a blank rating when I scrape no matter what I do.
find quote
shwetkprabhat Offline
(2017-06-18 18:16)shwetkprabhat Wrote:  
(2017-06-18 16:48)DanCooper Wrote:  
(2017-06-18 16:40)shwetkprabhat Wrote:  Thanks! This is very helpful. I see under movie scrapper there are 2 options now, Kodi and Kodi addons, how are they different and I used the expert setting to save poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, others values like clearart etc were saved as such by default. Now I see alpha creates <movie-name>-fanart, <movie name>-clearart etc. How do I disable this and if possible cleanup the library as well.

<filename>-imagetype.ext are the default filename for Kodi. Will be disable if you disable the file name defaults for Kodi:
[Image: lSmduX8.png]

Kodi defaults will be recognized be Kodi without any addon. Kodi Interface use the same schema for filenaming like Kodi (<filename>-imagetype.ext), but will only be added if you use the Kodi Interface.
Kodi Addons are the default file names of the specified addon. Check this list to see with one use with file name: Link$

The Kodi Interface can sync ANY filename. If Ember knows the file name and recognize the file, the KI will send this path to Kodi.

Edit: Kodi deafults always use that name that Kodi use if you export the library to separate files. Cleanup will be a feature of the final/stable version of 1.5.

Ok - I understand this now, since I have been using artwork downloader for extended images, how to keep the same naming convention and also use the kodi interface real time sync, I believe I know the answer that I need to re-scrape the library to be able to use KI real time sync but it would be worth asking the question.

Also for Kodi clients to use the extended images for new movies I would need to run artwork downloader every time even though they are stored in clearart.png, logo.png format right?

Hi @DanCooper - just following up on this question, to add some context, all my movies have extended images as logo.png, clearart.png, they are downloaded by couchpotato, however for kodi client to use them I need to run artwork downloader, even though the images are in the movie folder. Will KI real time sync be used to update the library such that the logo.png etc are recognized by kodi without running artwork downloader every time a new movie is added.
find quote
komplex Offline
Fan
(Yesterday 13:03)shwetkprabhat Wrote:  Hi @DanCooper - just following up on this question, to add some context, all my movies have extended images as logo.png, clearart.png, they are downloaded by couchpotato, however for kodi client to use them I need to run artwork downloader, even though the images are in the movie folder. Will KI real time sync be used to update the library such that the logo.png etc are recognized by kodi without running artwork downloader every time a new movie is added.

Not an answer to your question but you should consider https://radarr.video/ instead of couch and then use this
[Image: pFXvh0t.png]
to have Ember get your images
find quote
shwetkprabhat Offline
(Yesterday 13:23)komplex Wrote:  
(Yesterday 13:03)shwetkprabhat Wrote:  Hi @DanCooper - just following up on this question, to add some context, all my movies have extended images as logo.png, clearart.png, they are downloaded by couchpotato, however for kodi client to use them I need to run artwork downloader, even though the images are in the movie folder. Will KI real time sync be used to update the library such that the logo.png etc are recognized by kodi without running artwork downloader every time a new movie is added.

Not an answer to your question but you should consider https://radarr.video/ instead of couch and then use this
[Image: pFXvh0t.png]
to have Ember get your images

Thanks! I do use radarr but only for monitoring movies requiring better version (i.e hdtv to bluray etc.), however till folder renaming is supported by radarr I cant use it as my main downloader because the way I sort my library. Having said that, are these settings to use amber documented anywhere, I would love to use it future.
find quote
komplex Offline
Fan
(Yesterday 13:33)shwetkprabhat Wrote:  Having said that, are these settings to use amber documented anywhere, I would love to use it future.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228652
find quote
DanCooper Offline

Yes, but if CP save the images as logo.png etc. you have to enable the default file names for ArtworkDownloader in Ember (Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Names => Kodi Addons => AD), then Ember can recognize it while DB update. See this list to see which defaults are loading and saving which file names: Link

For the Kodi Interface it's not relevant which file names you are using. If Ember has recognized the file, the KI will send the path to Kodi.

FYI: Kodi does not support extended images out-of-the-box, so ClearLogo, ClearArt, DiscArt etc. can only be added to Kodi with addons or KI.
find quote
shwetkprabhat Offline
(Yesterday 14:47)DanCooper Wrote:  

Yes, but if CP save the images as logo.png etc. you have to enable the default file names for ArtworkDownloader in Ember (Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Names => Kodi Addons => AD), then Ember can recognize it while DB update. See this list to see which defaults are loading and saving which file names: Link

For the Kodi Interface it's not relevant which file names you are using. If Ember has recognized the file, the KI will send the path to Kodi.

FYI: Kodi does not support extended images out-of-the-box, so ClearLogo, ClearArt, DiscArt etc. can only be added to Kodi with addons or KI.

This is perfect! I was afraid that I may need to redo my entire 6k movies!
find quote