• 110(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
For whatever reason I have a copy of a crappy movie called Albion: The Enchanted Stallion (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4518260/).

The imdb rating scrapper is not picking up the imdb ratings. For now I just put it in manually, but I wanted to highlight the issue for you in case others have problems with other movies.

I was able to confirm this with the following procedure: when I scrape the imdb rating with the latest current alpha of Ember, it says 7.0 with 6 votes. However, when I look at the imdb page, it says 5.1 with 460 votes. The 7 seems more like the moviedb rating. I was able to confirm this by removing the rating, disabling the imdb rating scraper and leaving the moviedb and the 7 with 6 votes is the result. Removing the rating, disabling the moviedb scraper, and leaving only the imdb scraper does not result in anything being scrapped.

In the log I see some exceptions like (like whenever I tried to rescrape it):

2017-08-05 13:11:58.6396,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadFile,5,ERROR,DownloadFile <>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadFile(String URL, String LocalFile, Boolean ReportUpdate, String Type, String WebURL)* at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadFile(String URL, String LocalFile, Boolean ReportUpdate, String Type, String WebURL)"
Pretty sure the IMDB scraper gets it's info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4518260/combined might have changed not sure, that page doesn't show a rating for that movie so that's why you won't get it
(2017-08-05, 20:26)komplex Wrote: Pretty sure the IMDB scraper gets it's info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4518260/combined might have changed not sure, that page doesn't show a rating for that movie so that's why you won't get it

That makes sense. Maybe it takes like 1,000 votes or something to show up there?
I'm new to both Kodi (17.3 Krypton) and Ember (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86).

Have a large number of foreign movies and prefer to use the original titles when they're in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish; for other languages I prefer the English title.
This means that I have to rely on nfo files instead of the scrape results (even though Ember scrapes better than Kodi).
Made a fair number of manual edits to the nfos after scraping the collection but noted that if I choose Reload All Movies the program discards my edits.
Is it possible to refresh the library in such a way that existing nfos are kept untouched and only new ones (for new items) are created?
(1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86)

Would like to confirm whether the following syntax is correct for renaming folders from nfos:
{$T} {[$O]} ({$Y}) {$C}

My intention is to rename folders like that:
{TITLE if it exists} {ORIGINALTITLE between brackets if it exists} ({YEAR if it exists}) {DIRECTOR if it exists}
Note that parenthesis pairs will appear even if YEAR is empty (as a separator).

Examples of results could be:
Exposure [A grande arte] (1998) Walter Salles ..... (English) title; Original title; Year; Director
[Shojoji No Tanuki Bayashi] () ..... Original title; Date unknown; Director unknown
Lost In Translation (2003) Sofia Coppola ..... (English) title; Year; Director
[Ugetsu Monogatari] (1953) Kenji Mizoguchi ..... Original title; Year; Director
(2017-08-06, 02:14)pstrg Wrote: I'm new to both Kodi (17.3 Krypton) and Ember (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86).

Have a large number of foreign movies and prefer to use the original titles when they're in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish; for other languages I prefer the English title.
This means that I have to rely on nfo files instead of the scrape results (even though Ember scrapes better than Kodi).
Made a fair number of manual edits to the nfos after scraping the collection but noted that if I choose Reload All Movies the program discards my edits.
Is it possible to refresh the library in such a way that existing nfos are kept untouched and only new ones (for new items) are created?

Neither Database Update nor Reload All XY nor F5 change something on NFO or other content. All three methodes read only the local stored files. There are only two exceptions:
- If YAMJ watched file is enabled, the scanner compairs the watched file and NFO if both has the same watched status (but that is only YAMJ releated)
- new episodes will be scraped automatically if no NFO exists

So my question is: how to you've edit the NFO after scraping? If you've done it manually you have to reload the movie with F5 to read the NFO and save the new information to Embers database. Otherwise Ember will overwrite your NFO with the information that Ember has in the database if you scrape or edit a movie.
The other thing is: Ember reads only known XML nodes. Costum nodes will be overwritten if you change something in Ember. So why do you not use the Edit dialog?
(2017-08-06, 02:38)pstrg Wrote: (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86)

Would like to confirm whether the following syntax is correct for renaming folders from nfos:
{$T} {[$O]} ({$Y}) {$C}

{TITLE if it exists} {ORIGINALTITLE between brackets if it exists} ({YEAR if it exists}) {DIRECTOR if it exists}

Examples of results could be:
Exposure [A grande arte] (1998) Walter Salles ..... (English) title; Original title; Year; Director
[Shojoji No Tanuki Bayashi] () ..... Original title; Date unknown; Director unknown
Lost In Translation (2003) Sofia Coppola ..... (English) title; Year; Director
[Ugetsu Monogatari] (1953) Kenji Mizoguchi ..... Original title; Year; Director
I whould set the SPACE between TITLE and ORIGINALTITLE also in the { }. Otherwise you have a double SPACE if no ORIGINALTITLE is available:

Code:
{$T}{ [$O]} ({$Y}) {$C}

But it do not make many sense to hold the TITLE in { }, it should be available for any movie.
You also can use $OO if you want write the ORIGINALTITLE only if it's different from TITLE.
Is there a guide how movie set works?
(2017-08-06, 03:16)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 02:14)pstrg Wrote: I'm new to both Kodi (17.3 Krypton) and Ember (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86).

Neither Database Update nor Reload All XY nor F5 change something on NFO or other content. All three methodes read only the local stored files. There are only two exceptions:
- If YAMJ watched file is enabled, the scanner compairs the watched file and NFO if both has the same watched status (but that is only YAMJ releated)

So my question is: how to you've edit the NFO after scraping? If you've done it manually you have to reload the movie with F5 to read the NFO and save the new information to Embers database. Otherwise Ember will overwrite your NFO with the information that Ember has in the database if you scrape or edit a movie.
The other thing is: Ember reads only known XML nodes. Costum nodes will be overwritten if you change something in Ember. So why do you not use the Edit dialog?

Thank you for the quick reply!
Not using YAMJ.
I use the editor, but was not aware that I should hit F5 to make the edited data enter in the database.
(2017-08-06, 03:25)DanCooper Wrote: [quote='pstrg' pid='2627886' dateline='1501979927']
(1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86)

{$T} {[$O]} ({$Y}) {$C}

I whould set the SPACE between TITLE and ORIGINALTITLE also in the { }. Otherwise you have a double SPACE if no ORIGINALTITLE is available:

Code:
{$T}{ [$O]} ({$Y}) {$C}

But it do not make many sense to hold the TITLE in { }, it should be available for any movie.
You also can use $OO if you want write the ORIGINALTITLE only if it's different from TITLE.
I have a fair number of items for which the scraper did not find any information.
The data in the nfo came from the folder name only and went to the title, which in some cases it shouldn't, as they were in fact originaltitles (and no English titles are known).
These are probably some obscure movies.

I use the editor, but was not aware that I should hit F5 to make the edited data enter in the database.
I did the following:
Noted that an entry had both TITLE and ORIGINALTITLE.
Double-clicked to edit and removed TITLE.
Hit OK then hit F5.
The TITLE (which I suppressed) reappeared!
How to assure that edits are maintained and entered in the database?
(2017-08-06, 14:23)pstrg Wrote:

I did the following:
Noted that an entry had both TITLE and ORIGINALTITLE.
Double-clicked to edit and removed TITLE.
Hit OK then hit F5.
The TITLE (which I suppressed) reappeared!
How to assure that edits are maintained and entered in the database?

The point is: Ember needs a Title.
While scanning the database (F5 or adding to database while DB update), Ember reads the NFO if it's exists. If no title available in NFO, the scanner detect the NFO as "invalid" and set the NFO-path to "not set" (that means the information has been loaded to Embers database, but the NFO will be set as "not existing"). At this point Ember try to get a title from path or file name, depending on your source settings.

The reason for this is, that "Original Title" is only optional and the "Title" is required. In your case that means you've to set the "Original Title" as "Title" if no title can scraped or no title is known.

ATM it's possible to remove the title in Edit dialog. I think I've to fix that to remove the possibility to close the dialog without a title has been set.
(2017-08-06, 14:50)DanCooper Wrote: The point is: Ember needs a Title.
While scanning the database (F5 or adding to database while DB update), Ember reads the NFO if it's exists. If no title available in NFO, the scanner detect the NFO as "invalid" and set the NFO-path to "not set" (that means the information has been loaded to Embers database, but the NFO will be set as "not existing"). At this point Ember try to get a title from path or file name, depending on your source settings.

The reason for this is, that "Original Title" is only optional and the "Title" is required. In your case that means you've to set the "Original Title" as "Title" if no title can scraped or no title is known.

ATM it's possible to remove the title in Edit dialog. I think I've to fix that to remove the possibility to close the dialog without a title has been set.
Very important to know that a TITLE is always required.
Will adapt my renaming strategy accordingly.
(1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86)
It seems that there's a column width problem.
After a while, the first column (Title) becomes very wide and the second (Original title) becomes very small.
If I try to drag Title from the left, the corresponding mouse pointer does appear but after I release it nothing happens: Title continues very wide as before.
Other columns not even show the drag pointer.
Incidentally, the screen capture shows a list before hitting F5, so that there were still blank TITLE fields.
(2017-08-06, 15:47)pstrg Wrote: (1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x86)
It seems that there's a column width problem.
After a while, the first column (Title) becomes very wide and the second (Original title) becomes very small.
If I try to drag Title from the left, the corresponding mouse pointer does appear but after I release it nothing happens: Title continues very wide as before.
Other columns not even show the drag pointer.
Incidentally, the screen capture shows a list before hitting F5, so that there were still blank TITLE fields.

The Title column is set to fill the panel width. Move the vertical splitter to reduce the Title cloumn:

The drag pointer will be removed in next few days, I also have to fix some other settings with the columns. ATM the most of all columns are set to the width of the largest entry in each column.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2