• 112(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-08-08, 14:27)pstrg Wrote:
(2017-08-08, 10:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-08, 02:09)pstrg Wrote: Why is Ember missing some nfos after I Reload All Movies? Shouldn't that find all nfos in the folders?
Reload All Movies reloads (rescan the movie folder for all local saved files) only movies, that already been in the database. New/not listed movies will only be found if you run a database update (Explorer => context menu => Scan for new content... runs also a database update just in that folder).
Understood.
I think what made me underestimate the breadth of the context menu command is that it's optional.
Imho it belongs to the Tools options (should I open a request?)

p.s. Please also see my answer to @redglory.

Ember is still a"portable" software. For this reason the context menu entries are optional. Later, if we add an option to save the userdata into the default Windows AppData folders, I will add the context menu and Startmenu options also to the installer related on portable or normal installation.

You can add a feature request, but I think I don't want it in the Tools menu. Dont understand me wrong, but it is not really comfortable to select one or more directories in a dialog. The context menu is an easy methode and you've also the option to update the whole database or single sources. I think that are enought options.
Hi Dan, had been away for quite a while and have not been able to keep upto date with whats happening.
Just a quick question.. has multiple TV show scraping been enabled in the github complied version ? or is it stil manual one at a time ?
(2017-08-10, 01:13)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Dan, had been away for quite a while and have not been able to keep upto date with whats happening.
Just a quick question.. has multiple TV show scraping been enabled in the github complied version ? or is it stil manual one at a time ?
Yes, in latest official Alpha and Github builds.
Its Excellent news
Alas I am having some diffculties.
Whenever I try and scarpe aTV Show or multiples of TV Shows there is source exception 404 error and ember shuts down.
Any ideas where I am going wrong ?
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
(2017-08-06, 05:24)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Is there a guide how movie set works?

I always forget how to set it up properly. I had asked about it on one of these threads and used to have it set up correctly but it isn't anymore. It would be nice to add the step-by-step to the wiki, or perhaps as a stickied thread
(2017-08-10, 03:10)shaktoo Wrote: Its Excellent news
Alas I am having some diffculties.
Whenever I try and scarpe aTV Show or multiples of TV Shows there is source exception 404 error and ember shuts down.
Any ideas where I am going wrong ?
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Need a full log as always. A 404 should not crash the software Huh
(2017-08-10, 03:18)ss4johnny Wrote:

I always forget how to set it up properly. I had asked about it on one of these threads and used to have it set up correctly but it isn't anymore. It would be nice to add the step-by-step to the wiki, or perhaps as a stickied thread

Yeah - I want to understand how emm stores data for nfo and how it will sync with kodi, any instruction would be very useful.
(2017-08-10, 03:18)ss4johnny Wrote:

Done: Tutorial - How to set Ember for MovieSet scarping
Quick question: Is there an option I can't find to use first movie as MovieSet artwork if no set is found?

For movies in 2D+3D I create a set, and sometimes it seems to use the first movie, sometimes nothing - just wondering if I'm missing some setting.

Edit: It never sets it in the sets - what I mean is in Kodi I sometimes see the first movie as set art, sometimes nothing. Is it a Kodi setting i'm missing perhaps?
Could support for multiple movie posters be done? Just asking in case support for this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2628857 becomes more popular, i can add multiple movie posters in the Plex web UI but you are limited to the same poster with multiple names in Ember
(2017-08-10, 17:44)Chrolm Wrote: Quick question: Is there an option I can't find to use first movie as MovieSet artwork if no set is found?

For movies in 2D+3D I create a set, and sometimes it seems to use the first movie, sometimes nothing - just wondering if I'm missing some setting.

No, that's not possible atm.
I'm not shure if this will be an good idea for a media manager. If the poster will automatically set if no movieset poster can be scraped, your can no longer filter by moviesets they don't have a "correct" poster. Also you alsways have to check if the poster has been scraped or used from movie after scraping a movie set. I mean, Kodi do anyways use the poster of the movie that creates a new set in Kodi.

But feel free to add a feature request for Ember 2.0: Link
I think a button in the MovieSet Edit dialog to select a movie from this set to use the poster from that will be a better idea.
(2017-08-10, 18:21)DanCooper Wrote: I think a button in the MovieSet Edit dialog to select a movie from this set to use the poster from that will be a better idea.

That would be the perfect way, yes! Smile
(2017-08-10, 17:57)komplex Wrote: Could support for multiple movie posters be done? Just asking in case support for this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2628857 becomes more popular, i can add multiple movie posters in the Plex web UI but you are limited to the same poster with multiple names in Ember

For shure it's possible to add something like this. But why they don't use a separate folder for this like "extrafanart" and "extrathumbs" and call it "extraposters"? I'm pretty shure his script works only with "poster#.jpg" and not with "<filename>-poster#.jpg".

Feel free to add a feature request for Ember 2.0: Link

EDIT: I've posted some ideas in his post: Link
Hi,
tried to search but couldn't find the answer. Is it possible to use media.emm database from 1.3.x in 1.4.x version?
I have tried to copy db file to profile dir and rename it, but that didn't work. I can set all settings from fresh.
(2017-08-10, 20:42)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Hi,
tried to search but couldn't find the answer. Is it possible to use media.emm database from 1.3.x in 1.4.x version?
I have tried to copy db file to profile dir and rename it, but that didn't work. I can set all settings from fresh.
No, that does not work. The old db has no version info, so it never was possible to upgrade it proper. You can copy the old settings, but only a part of them will be re-used. I think it's better to start from scratch to set all settings to the new defaults.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2