• 121(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-09-20, 23:41)bek1 Wrote: Got an unhandled exception error today while scraping a movie. The error text is here:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

@Karellen - Logs removed- Use pastebin

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I need the log from .\Ember Media Manager\Logs. Please post it on http://www.pastebin.com
Dan... I have developed issues with Ember.
Initially there was the imdb issue as i was using it to srape even TV Shows but it was missing lot of info and then stopped work altogether , I have updated from Git the latest but had to go back to tmdb scraping.
but what i have noticed now is that its just taking soo long to even do a simple task like editing an nfo, then it says task manager running and can take for upto 15 minutes ...scraping is soo painfully slow that I haven't been able to use ember. Also its starting to throw some SQL database errors ?
I am uploading the log

http://www.filedropper.com/2017-09-26

The Other issue is with command line scraping .The scrpits run and ember loads up but dosent scrape anything , no movie scraping and certainly not the tv shows ?
Please Help.
Dan,
I've just get the latest version nad I have problems with the Shows scanning.
In the begining it was NOT scraping episodes and season info.
Then I was able to get it scraped but it does NOT show the dialog to choose the fanar, poster etc...
it does just says "scraping" and shows the end summary.

It's not good. what am I doing wrong?
All the scrapers are active.

Also when I click on a series/season/episode it does not show poster, fanart etc...

This happens even in movies, ho fanart etc are shown. I upgraded from previous version.
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2017-09-27, 23:09)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,
Then I was able to get it scraped but it does NOT show the dialog to choose the fanar, poster etc...

Also when I click on a series/season/episode it does not show poster, fanart etc...

This happens even in movies, ho fanart etc are shown. I upgraded from previous version.

Enable "Show Image Select Dialog while scraping" in Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Images.
(2017-09-26, 18:03)shaktoo Wrote: Dan... I have developed issues with Ember.
Initially there was the imdb issue as i was using it to srape even TV Shows but it was missing lot of info and then stopped work altogether , I have updated from Git the latest but had to go back to tmdb scraping.
but what i have noticed now is that its just taking soo long to even do a simple task like editing an nfo, then it says task manager running and can take for upto 15 minutes ...scraping is soo painfully slow that I haven't been able to use ember. Also its starting to throw some SQL database errors ?
I am uploading the log

The Other issue is with command line scraping .The scrpits run and ember loads up but dosent scrape anything , no movie scraping and certainly not the tv shows ?
Please Help.

Thx for the log.
One thing I've seen is that the scraper tries to get the plot from tha page "http://akas.imdb.com/title/0759364/plotsummary". That's wrong, the "tt" in front of the IMDB ID is missing. I think that's a bug.
Another error I've seen is a crash while parsinf the "Forced Title". That's also a bug that I've to check.

The SQL error is something that happens if the task manager is still running while you start another database function that is not handled by the task manager atm. This issues should be fixed after one of the next releases.

IMDB tv show scraper:
It's just horrible... I will remove the season and episode scraping in the next release and reduce the scraper to tv show information and episode rating only. IMDB has different episode numbers thanTVDB and TMDB in many cases. So the "comparer/combiner" of the multiple scraped data can't get a proper result and will discard the results. Also it so fu**ing slow to get all the data for a tv show. I think it's not really a difference if you get the episode information from IMDB, TMDB or TVDB. IMO the IMDB episode rating is the only thing that has a big difference from TVDB or TMDB.
IMDB sucks for tv shows!
Image Image
(2017-09-27, 23:46)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-09-27, 23:09)m.savazzi Wrote: Dan,

Enable "Show Image Select Dialog while scraping" in Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Images.

ok, will do but why I do not see any image when I click on the movie/show on the main window?

Ok found all the checks - I would put them enabled by default... especially if upgrading Smile
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2017-09-28, 18:26)m.savazzi Wrote: Ok found all the checks - I would put them enabled by default... especially if upgrading Smile
Thats not possible since you have added an extra XML layer for settings ;-) But I have fixed that already for Ember 2.0.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
(2017-09-28, 00:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-09-26, 18:03)shaktoo Wrote: Dan... I have developed issues with Ember.
I am uploading the log

Please Help.

Thx for the log.
One thing I've seen is that the scraper tries to get the plot from tha page "http://akas.imdb.com/title/0759364/plotsummary". That's wrong, the "tt" in front of the IMDB ID is missing. I think that's a bug.
Another error I've seen is a crash while parsinf the "Forced Title". That's also a bug that I've to check.

The SQL error is something that happens if the task manager is still running while you start another database function that is not handled by the task manager atm. This issues should be fixed after one of the next releases.

IMDB tv show scraper:
It's just horrible... I will remove the season and episode scraping in the next release and reduce the scraper to tv show information and episode rating only. IMDB has different episode numbers thanTVDB and TMDB in many cases. So the "comparer/combiner" of the multiple scraped data can't get a proper result and will discard the results. Also it so fu**ing slow to get all the data for a tv show. I think it's not really a difference if you get the episode information from IMDB, TMDB or TVDB. IMO the IMDB episode rating is the only thing that has a big difference from TVDB or TMDB.

Thanks Dan !
What about replacing IMDb with OMDb API and if people want to use it they can get their own API key, using the IMDb number from that guys post above

That should be all the info they need. Thats if its even possible to use it
I just started using this and I noticed its pulling down images for every episode even episodes I don't have in the scannable folder. Is this Normal?

For Example
American Gods
/Season 1
American Gods-S01E01.mkv
American Gods-S01E01-thumb.jpg
American Gods-S01E01-nfo
American Gods-S01E02-thumb.jpg
American Gods-S01E02.nfo

If it isn't normal is there a way to turn it off? I don't have some seasons of some shows and I don't want to have 1000's of files sitting around for no reason as well. If I drop a file that isn't named exactly like the pre-downloaded images it duplicates the -thumb and nfo file with the new file that is uploaded.

Also is there a setting anywhere to tell Ember which way to name your files. For instance I know in the older versions you could use .tbn vs jpg and other settings.
(2017-09-28, 18:58)komplex Wrote: What about replacing IMDb with OMDb API and if people want to use it they can get their own API key, using the IMDb number from that guys post above

That should be all the info they need. Thats if its even possible to use it

OMDb is not for free. Why I should pay for informations that I also can get from other sources? Also OMDB works only for movies, or?
But the biggest problem is that TVDB/TMDB and IMDB does not use the same episode numbering, e.g. Spongebob on TVDB and IMDB.
(2017-09-28, 19:37)kizer Wrote: I just started using this and I noticed its pulling down images for every episode even episodes I don't have in the scannable folder. Is this Normal?

For Example
American Gods
/Season 1
American Gods-S01E01.mkv
American Gods-S01E01-thumb.jpg
American Gods-S01E01-nfo
American Gods-S01E02-thumb.jpg
American Gods-S01E02.nfo

If it isn't normal is there a way to turn it off? I don't have some seasons of some shows and I don't want to have 1000's of files sitting around for no reason as well. If I drop a file that isn't named exactly like the pre-downloaded images it duplicates the -thumb and nfo file with the new file that is uploaded.

Also is there a setting anywhere to tell Ember which way to name your files. For instance I know in the older versions you could use .tbn vs jpg and other settings.

No, that's not normal for episodes. Ember should only download the thumbs for local existing episodes. Only season images will be downloaded, even if you've no episode of a season (that should be changed in a later state).

Yes, you can add own file names under Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Naming. But *.tbn is really out-of-date. You can simply rename to files from *.tbn to *.jpg
(2017-09-28, 19:51)DanCooper Wrote: OMDb is not for free. Why I should pay for informations that I also can get from other sources? Also OMDB works only for movies, or?
But the biggest problem is that TVDB/TMDB and IMDB does not use the same episode numbering, e.g. Spongebob on TVDB and IMDB.

Maybe i shouldn't have said replace but instead add OMDb. You wouldn't be paying if they didn't have their own API key they couldn't use it. It also does TV shows from just testing the example on the site
(2017-09-28, 19:56)komplex Wrote:
(2017-09-28, 19:51)DanCooper Wrote: OMDb is not for free. Why I should pay for informations that I also can get from other sources? Also OMDB works only for movies, or?

Maybe i shouldn't have said replace but instead add OMDb. You wouldn't be paying if they didn't have their own API key they couldn't use it. It also does TV shows from just testing the example on the site

Oh yes, does also support tv shows and episodes. But I'm not interested to pay for a key only to code and support that API... even if I get a free API key ;-)
Mayby it's something that I (or another guy) will add later. For me it's really important to get the actual code stable as possible to release that damn version 1.5. I've started with Ember 2.0 more than 7 months ago and every time I'm investing in the actual one is "lost time". I've changed so many things for Ember 2.0 that it will be hard to move the latest changes from 1.5 to 2.0.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2