• 138(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
It (2017) - tt1396484
(2018-01-14, 14:18)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Hello Dan,
thanks for your new IMDB scraper.
I've found couple issues:

1) <role> tag is saved with unnecessary space characters if there is additional role description in parentheses ()2) <credits> tag saves "See more"3) <mpaa> tag does not save MPAA rating description4) Can you please add option to only save first studio (like it was in EMM 1.3) from scraped list instead of multiple studios5) Can you please add option for user to select custom digit grouping symbol for Rating/Votes count (or maybe even better option to just save original Rating/Votes values from scrapers without EMM touching them)
Explanation for this: I use non English regional settings in OS, but I'd like to have original values from IMDB for Rating/Votes instead of saving them in my regional format. Currently I have to change regional settings to English (US) everytime before I start EMM then change it back to original when I stop using EMM. This is really uncomfortable and confusing since I'm using also other applications which reacts to these changes (ie File manager).
6) Country-Tag: Save country abbreviation(s) instead of full names(s) checked in Movies - Scrapers - Data - IMDb doesn't work
1+2) has been fixed: Github
3) there is a new option in the IMDB scraper settings to get the full MPAA description (additional site to parse, needs longer to scrape)
4) use the filter in Settings => Movies => Scraper-Data => Global fields
5) please add a "feature request" or an "improvement" on our bug tracker. I think that needs more than one line of code to change. It's a little bit tricky, .NET use a lot of the regional settings to calculate values.
6) has been fixed: Github (this settings will be moved soon to the global "Scraper-Data" for all scraper results)
I always try to check all options in settings before reporting anything,
somehow I have totally missed Limit column for studio in global fields
and didn't notice in MPAA description in IMDB scarper options (That's a shame IMDB no longer provides MPAA rating decision on reference page and you have to scraper another page for it, but I don't really mind scraping longer, so I'm glad that option is already there Smile

Anyway thanks for your help and fixes. I'll add FR to bug tracker for 5 later.
is the fix for "imdb website change" available yet? i saw the latest version is still the one im using

thanks
(2018-01-16, 08:24)Mwing Wrote: is the fix for "imdb website change" available yet? i saw the latest version is still the one im using

thanks
 What version do you use?
Latest is found here and compiled yesterday https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316733
thanks! coz i always look at dan's signature link

thank you for all the great work everyone!
Hi why can't I get votes and plot outline from IMDB anymore? Haven't changed any settings.
(2018-01-17, 16:49)Bjur Wrote: Hi why can't I get votes and plot outline from IMDB anymore? Haven't changed any settings.
IMDB has changed the website, you need the latest build from komplex: Link
PS: IMDB results are now also depended on your media language setting. Plot and plot outline will only be scraped if you've set the movie/tv show to language "en-*".
(2018-01-17, 17:11)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 16:49)Bjur Wrote: Hi why can't I get votes and plot outline from IMDB anymore? Haven't changed any settings.
PS: IMDB results are now also depended on your media language setting. Plot and plot outline will only be scraped if you've set the movie/tv show to language "en-*". 
If I'm not wrong, at the moment the fix is only for movies scraping, right? At least from a try that I made yesterday, for tv series the issue is still present.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2018-01-17, 17:30)axlt2002 Wrote:
If I'm not wrong, at the moment the fix is only for movies scraping, right? At least from a try that I made yesterday, for tv series the issue is still present. 
 Yes and no. The "komplex" build of 2018-01-15 includes only the movie part fix.
But I've just commited a fix for tv show, but only for the tv show part, not for episodes. Will try to fix that tomorrow.
(2018-01-17, 17:47)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 17:30)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2018-01-17, 17:11)DanCooper Wrote: IMDB has changed the website, you need the latest build from komplex: Link
 Yes and no. The "komplex" build of 2018-01-15 includes only the movie part fix.
But I've just commited a fix for tv show, but only for the tv show part, not for episodes. Will try to fix that tomorrow. 
Thanks for the status update Dan! Smile
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2018-01-13, 03:42)ss4johnny Wrote:
(2018-01-12, 10:28)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-12, 03:43)ss4johnny Wrote: I downloaded the latest x64 build from commit 8e39828. Glad to have the imdb ratings back!

One issue I've noticed: it will scrape an nfo fine and put the correct imdb rating in there. However, it just hangs if I want to rescrape just the rating.
 Which movie?   
Uh, all the ones I tried...I tried re-scraping the nfo of all the movies I had added in the period where it didn't work....so like forty+. Had it going over night. Each nfo re-scrapping took forever. And it didn't update the imdb ratings. But, if I deleted the nfo of one as a test (Carlito's Way) and then scraped just the nfo file, then it updates the ratings.  
To give you an example movie:
Captain Philips - tt1535109
It's may be more obvious in mine because the tmdb ratings are currently in there with like 2700 votes instead of the multiple of that in imdb.

BTW: the log says
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out.
 Thanks Dan. Another question. Is it possible to get certifications for specific countries. For instance for Denmark with their rules? I can't get that to work.
(2018-01-14, 19:37)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-01-14, 14:18)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Hello Dan,
thanks for your new IMDB scraper.
I've found couple issues:

1) <role> tag is saved with unnecessary space characters if there is additional role description in parentheses ()2) <credits> tag saves "See more"3) <mpaa> tag does not save MPAA rating description4) Can you please add option to only save first studio (like it was in EMM 1.3) from scraped list instead of multiple studios5) Can you please add option for user to select custom digit grouping symbol for Rating/Votes count (or maybe even better option to just save original Rating/Votes values from scrapers without EMM touching them)
Explanation for this: I use non English regional settings in OS, but I'd like to have original values from IMDB for Rating/Votes instead of saving them in my regional format. Currently I have to change regional settings to English (US) everytime before I start EMM then change it back to original when I stop using EMM. This is really uncomfortable and confusing since I'm using also other applications which reacts to these changes (ie File manager).
6) Country-Tag: Save country abbreviation(s) instead of full names(s) checked in Movies - Scrapers - Data - IMDb doesn't work

3) there is a new option in the IMDB scraper settings to get the full MPAA description (additional site to parse, needs longer to scrape)
 3) IMDB MPAADescription is bugged, if I check it, apply or ok then reopen settings it is remains unchecked. IMDB MPAA Description is not scraped either.
will you ever support anime with anidb scraping?
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2