• 166(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
IMHO the current alpha is quite stable - but we haven't seen any changes to the 'daily' builds. I guess there's too much restructuring going on?
Yes, actually there are no newer daily buils because of there are still many things that i need to complete in code. But I'm working on it, check the new_code_cleanup branch on GitHub: Link

So far I've
  • implemented KeyArt
  • new edit dialogs with a better overview on images and information (i hope all users have 1080p screens ;-) )
  • multi-rating
  • TV Show link support for movies
  • auto frame/image extraction from video file for movie extrathumbs and episode poster
  • better handling for ISO metadata
  • HDR handling
  • image resolution will be stored in DB to search for images with crappy resolution
  • easier Theme.XML edit for main screen (now should be easy to change the colors and text size for color blind users)
  • VIDEO_TS/BDMV folder structure support for episodes
  • better file scanner (proper VIDEO_TS/BDMV recognizing, fixed the "part XY" bug)
  • ... and many more

I'm still working on
  • new filter panel (like SmartPlaylist in Kodi, so that users can create new filters and liste like in a Click&Point Adventure :-P )
  • change all DB queries for the new DB
  • some bugs and improvements that are listed in the bug tracker
OK, if no one else is going to be the idiot, I'll ask. Rofl  Any rough guess on an eta?
I  have a few questions about carry overs/changes of the old to new.  Also a few requests.  Are you fielding these now or better to wait til the next release.  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-03-06, 16:03)bobrap Wrote: OK, if no one else is going to be the idiot, I'll ask. Rofl  Any rough guess on an eta?
Like Duke Nukem Forever :-P

(2019-03-06, 16:03)bobrap Wrote: I  have a few questions about carry overs/changes of the old to new.  Also a few requests.  Are you fielding these now or better to wait til the next release.  Thanks.
Please add some new post on our bug tracker. I try to ckeck all entries and add information in which version i can add, fix or improve it.
(2019-03-06, 16:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-03-06, 16:03)bobrap Wrote: OK, if no one else is going to be the idiot, I'll ask. Rofl  Any rough guess on an eta?
Like Duke Nukem Forever :-P
(2019-03-06, 16:03)bobrap Wrote: I  have a few questions about carry overs/changes of the old to new.  Also a few requests.  Are you fielding these now or better to wait til the next release.  Thanks.
Please add some new post on our bug tracker. I try to ckeck all entries and add information in which version i can add, fix or improve it. 
 LOL...Thanks.
Hi guys,

Where can I download Ember MM. The link "Ember Media Manager 1.4.x" does not seem to work?

Kind Regards
Klaus
search the latest one (by date) from daily builds: Link
Thanks Dan.

It seems I have gotten most to work, like movieset to update in realtime. Really nice. 

I do have one problem. Some movies was scraped wrong or gotting the wrong poster, so the wrong info / posters is in kodi. I have done a rescrape or just change the poster, but the change don't get into kodi. I have updated libary in Kodi but still nothing. 
Have checked the foldes where the movie is and in the folder it is the correct poster. 

What I'm I doing wrong?
(2019-03-17, 12:34)Elgdot Wrote: Thanks Dan.

It seems I have gotten most to work, like movieset to update in realtime. Really nice. 

I do have one problem. Some movies was scraped wrong or gotting the wrong poster, so the wrong info / posters is in kodi. I have done a rescrape or just change the poster, but the change don't get into kodi. I have updated libary in Kodi but still nothing. 
Have checked the foldes where the movie is and in the folder it is the correct poster. 

What I'm I doing wrong?
 Kodi does not recognize if you change a movie that already has been added to the Kodi database if you only run a DB update in Kodi. You have to select the movie in Kodi and use reload in the info panel... or use the Kodi Interface in Ember to sync/push your changes. Usually the KI (Kodi Interface) can clear the cached images if you sync a movie and provides Kodi to re-cache the image from your (new) image file. Only in some case the KI is not able the clear the cache and then you have to wait 12h for the Kodi internal cache-check to get the new images.
Could use some help with actor images.  What settings should I use to get only TVDB actor images for the show only?  No episodes.  Seems every time I start EMM I have new images for the actors.  I have actor thumbs under files and sources ticked (just tv shows).  Under scrapers-data, just actors shows.  Under TVDB just actors show no episodes.  All other scrapers all actor boxes unticked.  Any help/instruction is appreciated.  Thanks.
(2019-03-30, 00:04)bobrap Wrote: Could use some help with actor images.  What settings should I use to get only TVDB actor images for the show only?  No episodes.  Seems every time I start EMM I have new images for the actors.  I have actor thumbs under files and sources ticked (just tv shows).  Under scrapers-data, just actors shows.  Under TVDB just actors show no episodes.  All other scrapers all actor boxes unticked.  Any help/instruction is appreciated.  Thanks.

Do you have season folders for the episodes so that it's possible to save different images for the tv show itself and the epsiodes? Or do you only want images for tv show actors?

I think one "confusing" thing for the user is that Ember sometimes in the main window not show the images that is really saved in the tv show, episode ore movie folder. I try to explain that:
Ember and also Kodi has only one database entry per person. In this entry the URL of the scraped image is stored, also a path to the image on your disk to show it in the main screen without searching for a local image or download it again.
If you (re)scrape a tv show or a movie, the images will be downloaded from the scraper and the latest URL and local path will be stored in the database. Now if you scrape another movie or tv show with the same actor, for this show or movie the image will also be downloaded from to scraper, but the URL and also the local path will be changed in the database. So that means if you again show the first scraped tv show, the image of the movie will be displayed, even the image in the tv show folder is another.
To prevent an overwriting of tv show images with movie images, the already saved images in the tv show folder be readed and resaved if you edit a tv show. Same for movies. But the image in the main view still can be the wrong one.

I hope you understand what I want to say, but it's a little bit difficult for me in english.
Don’t really understand that at all. If actor images are saved to disc, why aren’t they used and not the image in the url. So, one database for all actors or one for tv and one for movies? Just wondering because programs like media companion can write the location of the image file on disc to the nfo, or the url.
Hi,

Need a little help.

I use the Aeon MQ8 skin and is trying to get it to look like the picture I have added.
But having a hard time getting all info on.

I can change meta data so I get Atmos if atmos, also aspect ratio is easy.
But what about HDR, 10bit, PG13 (or what ever they recommend for the movie) and studios.
Where can i change that so kodi get it? Image
Hello Everyone,

Yesterday after years of using a 1.4.7.2 version of EMM, I've decided myself to use a new version... the 1.4.90
Unfortunatly, I'm unable to scrape anything. The modules are not loaded and I have a this message in the Logs :

"2019-04-15 12:01:05.2678;EmberAPI.ModulesManager;EmberAPI.ModulesManager.ScrapeData_Movie;8;WARN;[ModulesManager] [ScrapeData_Movie] [Abort] No scrapers enabled;"

What can I do to make it work ?
(2019-04-15, 13:18)Renaud Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Yesterday after years of using a 1.4.7.2 version of EMM, I've decided myself to use a new version... the 1.4.90
Unfortunatly, I'm unable to scrape anything. The modules are not loaded and I have a this message in the Logs :

"2019-04-15 12:01:05.2678;EmberAPI.ModulesManager;EmberAPI.ModulesManager.ScrapeData_Movie;8;WARN;[ModulesManager][ScrapeData_Movie][Abort] No scrapers enabled;"

What can I do to make it work ?
Enable a scraper in the settings. If no scraper is listed than check your anti virus.
  • 166(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2