touch not working correctly
Hi there,

I am trying to set up my touch screen display for weeks now. The display is an usbest technology sis hid touch controller. It does work smoothly in raspbian running the lxde window manager. Running xmbc it does not work correctly. I can only touch control the left upper corner. Where can I set up Kodi that it shall use the whole screen for touch input? Many thanks in advance!!
Touch screen calibration inside Kodi should be available on Krypton builds. See PR:7978.
A Milhouse nightly build should support this.
Thanks a lot. I tried it on KODI 15.2 in osmc. Unfortunately the advancedsettings.xml take no effect. Do you have an idea why?
(2016-02-12, 23:52)xelus Wrote: Thanks a lot. I tried it on KODI 15.2 in osmc. Unfortunately the advancedsettings.xml take no effect. Do you have an idea why?

Because Kodi 15.2 is not a Krypton (Kodi 17) build. The advancedsettings for touchscreen calibration are supported starting with Kodi 17, and not before.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I see, thanks for taking your time and supporting me :-)

I am still unlucky. My setup now is the following:

2016.01-1 kernel Linux 4.4.0-1 osmc
Kodi 17.0-Alpha1
-rwxr-xr-x 1 osmc osmc 416 Feb 12 23:51 advancedsettings.xml
/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata

and here is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings> <touchscreen>
<x_offset>0</x_offset> <!-- set pixel x offset to align it to the used display-->
<y_offset>0</y_offset> <!-- set pixel y offset to align it to the used display-->
<x_stretch_factor>4.0</x_stretch_factor> <!-- stretch/compress the touch x axis-->
<y_stretch_factor>4.0</y_stretch_factor> <!-- stretch/compress the touch y axis-->
</touchscreen>
</advancedsettings>

Can you please tell me how/where to check if the file is used at all?
Is there no other way of calibrating the touch screen?

The odd thing is that it is working for the left square of of the screen but there seems to be a stretch factory (after moving about half of the screen right the pointer of the mouse is already at the end of the screen; moving from top to bottom is about the same)... Thanks for your support again!
(2016-02-14, 12:21)xelus Wrote: Can you please tell me how/where to check if the file is used at all?
Is there no other way of calibrating the touch screen?

The debug log (wiki) will show if the advancedsettings values are parsed. Are you seeing a change when you edit the advancedsettings file?
Thank you for your answer.

I've turned on logging and the file / values is / are parsed (see also here http://pastebin.com/n1xJHuzd).

However, the behaviour of the touch screen does not change when adjusting the values. Any clue what I can do ?
(2016-02-11, 14:08)popcornmix Wrote: Touch screen calibration inside Kodi should be available on Krypton builds. See PR:7978.

PR only seems to cover legacy single touch displays.
Alters AbsEvent, but not mtAbsEvent.
If you wish to stick with OSMC, we have Kodi Krypton builds as well so should get the changes required for calibration shortly

Sam
Hi Sam. Thanks for you reply. I do not need to stick to Osmc. Which other options do I have? I've tried OpenElec but my touch is not supported out of the box. Many thanks for you reply in advance!
Anybody got a hint which other options I can try today?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
touch not working correctly0